IGNORED

Sunderland (Away) Wed May 11

markjazzbassist

CiMXij6WkAAbmzZ.jpg

Bogus lineup. Pennington has done okay, but playing either he or Stones out of position at RB is fucking absurd when he could play another kid in Connolly.

I don't even want to engage with the Cleverley, Barry AND McCarthy issue either.

Edited by JoeQuince

Surely it'll be Stones at RB and not young Pennington?

Also, still don't get why we have one winger?!

Two wingers aren't allowed, Newts. It works much better when you play a central midfielder on the wing even though he doesn't stay on the wing, meaning our full-back on that side has no support whatsoever.

Duh!

Two wingers aren't allowed, Newts. It works much better when you play a central midfielder on the wing even though he doesn't stay on the wing, meaning our full-back on that side has no support whatsoever.

Duh!

I just love seeing Baines on an island out there, with no other option (because of both our structure and a lack of movement from those ahead of him) than to pass back to a CB or force a pass into Lukaku's asphalt-like feet.

Think Stones is right back. Does it really matter as anyone is better than Oviedo at RB and that's not the players fault.

Keeping a close eye on Cleverley tonight. See how much he really fucks Baines game up.

Unfair to single out Cleverley as most out there have some big making up to do.

I never, ever want us to lose. Ever.

Besides, if a 4-0 raping in the Derby and the game against Leicester hasn't already sealed his coffin, I doubt this game will.

This. If he didn't get sacked after the bloodbath or Leicester, he's not going to get sacked now. We have one game after this and I doubt it'll make much difference even if the board do sack him.

I want us to win. I don't care about Newcastle, I'm indifferent to them and I don't get why so many Everton fans hate them, Benitez aside.

I just love seeing Baines on an island out there, with no other option (because of both our structure and a lack of movement from those ahead of him) than to pass back to a CB or force a pass into Lukaku's asphalt-like feet.

But, but having central player out there is to recreate the Baines-Pienaar partnership. Cleverley helps Baines massively.

Edited by Romey 1878

But, but having central player out there is to recreate the Baines-Pienaar partnership. Cleverley helps Baines massively.

Hmmmmm Pienaar great feet really quick footballing brain replaced with Cleverly I can see the comparison Id like to add I've been drinking all day in the sun aswell!!

Cleverely is one of Martinez's "essentials." He and McCarthy are behind only Barry as "essentials," in Barry's case because of his vision, defensive control, passing. I guess in the case of Cleverley and McCarthy it's their work rate, or what Martinez sees as their work rate. Effective movement -- doesn't generally seem so.

I assume Mirallas will at times be on the left. Cleverley -- no telling where he'll be. No telling, either, which Lukaku and which Barkley will show up. I expect to be complaining about Bsrkley's over-dribbling and inattentive defense, so I will hope my expectations are not met.