• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

If we have any hope of keeping our 'top' players then we need a manager in asap.

Iv gone for Mourinho - he would be perfect to lift us higher over the next few years, raise our profile and attract new payers. I think Moshiri will be deciding the next manager so i expect a high profile name.

Obviously it's speculation but what his brother has said suggests there's something in it. I don't think he'd be putting it out there so forcefully if we hadn't been in contact.

What would be suspicious exactly? Martinez has been on the edge for months.

maybe nothing, but if you appoint someone immediately after the manager goes, it says volumes

maybe nothing, but if you appoint someone immediately after the manager goes, it says volumes

Who cares as long as it's a good manager. Martinez was given way over the time he should have got and apparently 3 million to soften the blow and he's been spared the humility of Sunday and tonight. He's toast now we need to do what's right for Everton not Martinez he's not here no more. If you lost your job tomorrow someone would be in almost immediately to replace you except you wouldn't given millions for actually not doing it right.

I hope his replacements already agreed a deal in principle it'll show Moshiri is exactly the right man to take us forward. Someone who doesn't let sentiment or nostalgia or act like a gentleman. Fuck all that leys act and think ruthlessley for once like all the successful clubs do. City replaced Pellegrini mid season and left him to manage for the remainder ffs!

Can we not have whoever it is being introduced by Bill... I dont think I could stomach it.

"You know what.... it was 30 years ago today, I was walking around London with the great Johan Cryuff who had popped in to see one of my shows... he told me about total football and I was sold... two days ago Frank De Boer told me "I'll give you total football Bill" - i said... "this is tge school of science son"

LOL you just know its coming

You do not want De Boer, guys. You seriously do not want him. I should maybe be more careful about making statements in advance, but I don't see how this can go right in any way.

For the sake of edification, why not? (I don't know him beyond the basic bio. So, not arguing, just interested in why.)

De boer is a risk simple as that. Klopp was a risk, no managers are guaranteed successes. If I could pick one manager right now it would be pochettino...

De boer on a 2 year deal with an option of extending it... why put them on a 5 year deal??? If they do great them all you get is compo off another club.

you don't think pelligrini is realistic? he managed malaga and villareal which are small clubs. he's not above us.

Too old Mark, for me anyway. Want us to have a manager young enough to give us 20 years IF things worked out obviously.

De boer is a risk simple as that. Klopp was a risk, no managers are guaranteed successes. If I could pick one manager right now it would be pochettino...

De boer on a 2 year deal with an option of extending it... why put them on a 5 year deal??? If they do great them all you get is compo off another club.

Klopp is a great tactician. De Boer doesn't know jack shit about tactics, that is the difference. And every time Frank tries, he fails.

They are all risks aren't they. Mourinho isn't guaranteed to bring success. Regardless of who we get nothing is certain.

I voted De Boer for the simple reason I think he's the best REALISTIC target we can get.

Agree with you Pad. But the question was who do we want as manager and o would choose Mourinho over De Boer if I had a choice.

I agree with you though De Boer is more realistic.

And yet he was sacked by Espanyol when they were bottom of the league with nine points on the board after thirteen games before he went to Southampton.

Not saying it's a bad shout, just saying you can just never tell; no guarantees whoever we get. Just hope the board roll the dice and get lucky.

Agree with you Pad. But the question was who do we want as manager and o would choose Mourinho over De Boer if I had a choice.

I agree with you though De Boer is more realistic.

Not foe me mate he'd just be biding his time until Utd came calling and they will eventually. He'd last 3 max probably 2 years spend shit loads burn his bridges like he always does and fuck off.

Advantage would be he would put us globally on the map but I don't think he's right for us.

Klopp is a great tactician. De Boer doesn't know jack shit about tactics, that is the difference. And every time Frank tries, he fails.

Won some silverware with Ajax, mind you MccLaren won in the Dutch league too, but at least De Boer did it repeatedly, and with some style.

Won some silverware with Ajax, mind you MccLaren won in the Dutch league too, but at least De Boer did it repeatedly, and with some style.

De Boer did it with Ajax, which is easy. McClaren did it with Twente, now that's something totally different.

Edit: now that I mention Twente, McClaren did win the competition, and then left after that season. He was replaced by Michel Preud'homme, a trully gifted manager. However, when McClaren left, no less that 14 Twente players left as well, so Preud'homme has a really hard task ahead. Despite that, he still managed to finish second place behind Ajax and in front of PSV. More importantly: he won the league cup as well as the Johan Cruijff Shield. The man is easily twice the manager Frank De Boer is, but hands off this one, he is now in charge of my home town's team Club Bruges and if all goes well, we'll win the league title this sunday :)

Edited by Mirallas

Pellegrini would be my preference from that list. He conducts himself with dignity, fitting with our ethos, has vast experience and never seems to have fallen out with any of his players or had issues managing big names in a big squad.

Suggests that he commands respect, which reflects upon his footballing credibility perhaps if we can assume that Martinez knowledge and philosophy didnt achieve that same respect and ultimately led to his demise.

My only concern is that like saying we'll get the boss of Celtic in because they win the league all the time? Is managing Ajax a bit of a given in the results department