• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Won some silverware with Ajax, mind you MccLaren won in the Dutch league too, but at least De Boer did it repeatedly, and with some style.

That's (possibly) a bit like saying we should take the Celtic manager isn't it (if they had one). We employed Walter Smith after he won nine consecutive league titles and that didn't turn out great.

Again, not saying De Boer would be messiah or mess, I truly don't know. Very difficult decision.

De Boer won 4 titles in 6 years which is quite impressive knowing it's his first training job and having to compete with a better PSV squad every single year. Missed out on 5 out of 6 in the last game of the season drawing de Graafschap (which no one thought could happen) so PSV is champion. I think de Boer is a perfect fit for Everton. He allways implements young players (his master is van Gaal, same as Koeman, they both worked with him for ages at Ajax and Barcelona). The football Ajax played over the last couple of years wasn't all that but still kept winning prices (to be honoust the roster wasn't full of talent and missed some experience) His Barcelona years will be a perfect base for a new style of football for Everton if he's given the time. He has a much bigger player budget here so should be able to get better players.

1. Koeman

2. Eddie Howe

3. Moyes

4. Pellegrini

Absolutely don't want De Boer. Anyone can win with Ajax in that league. They are a giant amongst minnows and so much young talent is brought through their academy accustomed to playing a certain style of football. He has no idea how to play in the PL and also doesn't know how NOT to be at the big club in a given league.

They are all risks aren't they. Mourinho isn't guaranteed to bring success. Regardless of who we get nothing is certain.

That's exactly it. Take brian Clough... stick him at Leeds and it's all pear shaped. There are no guarantees. You can be sir alf Ramsey but without bobby moore and a few other strong personalities on his side he would have a potentially volatile squad.

De boer is a start. If he doesn't work he goes... none of this bullshit in hanging on. Let's get rid of all dead wood too. Get the kids involved, angry, hungry scousers who know they can do a job.

We need someone the players respect and want to play for.

Now Koeman's agent has said he is interested, he, De Boer, and Pellegrini are my top 3 candidates, in that order, but its a damn close thing.

And a damn nice choice to have, especially as they are all apparently interested.

Edited by London Blue

I want a manager who will kick some fuckin arse, I want a captain in his image. I want him to be short and sharp with the press, smash tea cups in the dressing room when needed, double training session the fat arses off barkley Rom and believe it or not baines!

Well what you just listed there describes Frank De Boer. But EFC will also need tactics and formations that make sense.

We need someone the players respect and want to play for.

Now Koeman's agent has said he is interested, he, De Boer, and Pellegrini are my top 3 candidates, in that order, but its a damn close thing.

And a damn nice choice to have, especially as they are all apparently interested.

Koeman's agent has said that? Get in, he's the one I want!

De Boer did it with Ajax, which is easy. McClaren did it with Twente, now that's something totally different.

Edit: now that I mention Twente, McClaren did win the competition, and then left after that season. He was replaced by Michel Preud'homme, a trully gifted manager. However, when McClaren left, no less that 14 Twente players left as well, so Preud'homme has a really hard task ahead. Despite that, he still managed to finish second place behind Ajax and in front of PSV. More importantly: he won the league cup as well as the Johan Cruijff Shield. The man is easily twice the manager Frank De Boer is, but hands off this one, he is now in charge of my home town's team Club Bruges and if all goes well, we'll win the league title this sunday :)

Has Frank De Boer banged your missus or something?

Mirallas do you watch much Dutch football? You make him sound like a tactical idiot yet suggest a manager that practically nobody has ever heard of hasn't won anything of any worth and has managed in a league that's comparable to the Championship at best

What's nationality is Preud'homme... ah let me guess

Edited by EFC-Paul

That's exactly it. Take brian Clough... stick him at Leeds and it's all pear shaped. There are no guarantees. You can be sir alf Ramsey but without bobby moore and a few other strong personalities on his side he would have a potentially volatile squad.

De boer is a start. If he doesn't work he goes... none of this bullshit in hanging on. Let's get rid of all dead wood too. Get the kids involved, angry, hungry scousers who know they can do a job.

Yep with you on that. We need a hungry young manager who needs a chance to prove himself. It's a gamble but so is Mourinho. If you don't bet you can't win.

For me De Boer is a young upcoming hungry manager who has said he wants to mansge us. No demands, no I will if you give me this or that just a "I want the job" that'll do for me. He's a well respected footballer to.

I'm sold on him to be honest.

My only concern is that like saying we'll get the boss of Celtic in because they win the league all the time? Is managing Ajax a bit of a given in the results department

My concern is that, minus the possibility of Pellegrini, you can't expect us to get a manager within a good league who wins the league all the time, or wins anything to be honest.

The worst thing we could do, in my opinion , is to promise investment into a club and appoint a mediocre manager from a good league. Take a risk and try to unearth a great manager whose waiting for his chance.

Yep with you on that. We need a hungry young manager who needs a chance to prove himself. It's a gamble but so is Mourinho. If you don't bet you can't win.

For me De Boer is a young upcoming hungry manager who has said he wants to mansge us. No demands, no I will if you give me this or that just a "I want the job" that'll do for me. He's a well respected footballer to.

I'm sold on him to be honest.

Him or koeman for me.

Sick of the old boy network of managers who pat each others backs and tell the press how sorry they are for each other. I want a manager who has a fear of failure... not a need for plaudits. I liked it when mourinho had the hunger... he hasn't anymore, just a smugness.

De boer and koeman are winners.

Edited by Hafnia

Just messing around here, but it's come up on another forum, a kind of 'make the best of a bad scenario' situation: if you had to choose from one of these managers, which would you choose:

Big Sam

Moyes

Brendan Rodgers

Duncan Ferguson

Him or koeman for me.

Sick of the old boy network of managers who pat each others backs and tell the press how sorry they are for each other. I want a manager who has a fear of failure... not a need for plaudits. I liked it when mourinho had the hunger... he hasn't anymore, just a smugness.

De boer and koeman are winners.

I'd be happy with both they are my first and second choice, Pellegrini if we can't get either but only if we can't. He should be the fallback option.

Fucking hell, imagine having Pellegrini as our 3rd choice. Not saying he is for one minute but that's how far a new investor almost owner has taken the expectations of the club. How anyone can ant Kenwright and Co here with that staring them in the face is a mystery.