• Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Mourinho

He's a winner, but he will bring a circus to the club that we don't want. I wouldn't be against him coming but, after thinking about it for a while now, I'm not convinced I want him either

De Boer

I only want him if he can bring Stam and Bergkamp (probably my favourite player of all time) with him. He's done well in the Dutch league but with no EPL experience, if he doesn't bring the other 2 with him I'm not sure how well he would do. Besides, we need an established manager, not give a chance to another manager with potential and a strict philosophy.

Koeman

Honestly, I don't understand the excitement for him. He's done well at Southampton but will he take us further? Not convinced

Löw

Initial reaction was serious excitement but thats faded. Plus, he'd likely only be available after the Euros and we need someone before that.

Pelligrini

Probably my preferred option at the moment, would bring stability, attract big names and I honestly feel he could win us things.

Hughes, Moyes, O'Neill

No.

Emery, Favre

don't know enough about them to be honest.

Mourinho
He's a winner, but he will bring a circus to the club that we don't want. I wouldn't be against him coming but, after thinking about it for a while now, I'm not convinced I want him either
De Boer
I only want him if he can bring Stam and Bergkamp (probably my favourite player of all time) with him. He's done well in the Dutch league but with no EPL experience, if he doesn't bring the other 2 with him I'm not sure how well he would do. Besides, we need an established manager, not give a chance to another manager with potential and a strict philosophy.
Koeman
Honestly, I don't understand the excitement for him. He's done well at Southampton but will he take us further? Not convinced
Löw
Initial reaction was serious excitement but thats faded. Plus, he'd likely only be available after the Euros and we need someone before that.
Pelligrini
Probably my preferred option at the moment, would bring stability, attract big names and I honestly feel he could win us things.
Hughes, Moyes, O'Neill
No.
Emery, Favre
don't know enough about them to be honest.

I agree with most. Koeman in fairness has taken Southampton forward and made them consistent.

The last two, are better than most on that list.

Really liked Martinez as a manager when he started and as a bloke, seemed cool - failed to deliver.

Mourinho - Can't deny he is a top manager- dislike him as a bloke - Very likely to succeed given a bit of time and funds.

I would take getting a manager in that i dislike but brings the club tropheys' any day. Hate would have course turn to love, even if it was Gerrard getting us trophies........maybe.

Mourinho will never happen - Can see FDB getting it. Won the league 4 times in a 2 horse race. Jury still out on him.

Southampton are a bigger club than Everton? Fuck me joking aren't ya. What a twat he is.

agreed. and the 3 players they extended aren't big players for them. Koeman wants Pelle, Sadio Mane, Victor Wanyama, those guys tied down to contracts, not a guy they just signed (van dijk), a bench warmer (ward prowse).

Edited by markjazzbassist

Walter Mazzarri being lined up by Watford. They really are a club with ambition. Wow. Before Inter he did some incredible work, none more so than at Napoli.

agreed. and the 3 players they extended are big players for them. Koeman wants Pelle, Sadio Mane, Victor Wanyama, those guys tied down to contracts, not a guy they just signed (van dijk), a bench warmer (ward prowse).

Wrong thread!

5641397319_svSMACKING_420x0_xlarge.jpeg

read above mike we are responded to the article by ray wilkins posted in this very thread. right thread.

Nonsense, the earlier posts were about the possibility of Quique Sánchez Flores coming to Everton. On thread.

Then J & you started talking about Watford's potential replacement, Walter Mazzarri. No relevance to Everton at all. Off thread.

Case closed :yellow CARD: :yellow CARD:. Go and stand in the corner!

Nonsense, the earlier posts were about the possibility of Quique Sánchez Flores coming to Everton. On thread.

Then J & you started talking about Watford's potential replacement, Walter Mazzarri. No relevance to Everton at all. Off thread.

Case closed :yellow CARD: :yellow CARD:. Go and stand in the corner!

mike seriously please read the thread i never talked about mazzarri. i simply responded to the ray wilkins quote about soton being a bigger club then everton and locking up those players being why Koeman won't leave for everton. which is all very relevant because he is a top pick for many as our manager.

after review by the FA forum committee my yellow cards were given in error and have been rescinded :rofl:

mike seriously please read the thread i never talked about mazzarri. i simply responded to the ray wilkins quote about soton being a bigger club then everton and locking up those players being why Koeman won't leave for everton. which is all very relevant because he is a top pick for many as our manager.

after review by the FA forum committee my yellow cards were given in error and have been rescinded :rofl:

I've just been on the phone to the CAS and they agree with me. Ban increased to two games due to frivolous appeal :shaking fist:.

Koeman has said he's staying at Southampton.

He said he "espects" to be there as far as I've read.

"Southampton boss Ronald Koeman expects to see out his contract at the club, despite being linked with the vacant managerial role at Everton.
The Dutchman, 53, joined the Saints in 2014 and is under contract at St Mary's until the summer of 2017.
Asked if he expects to stay at Southampton, Koeman replied "yes" to reporters at a news conference."
Doesn't sound exactly cast in stone to me; unless he's said something more since (that's from the beeb 42 mins ago).

What is Koeman going to say at a Press Conference before their final game? Of course he will deny it. anything can happen, if we genuinely approach him i think he will come, Southampton have done well but its a constant cycle of selling and rebuilding and i think the money and the squad we have will be very tempting for him.

He said he "espects" to be there as far as I've read.

"Southampton boss Ronald Koeman expects to see out his contract at the club, despite being linked with the vacant managerial role at Everton.

The Dutchman, 53, joined the Saints in 2014 and is under contract at St Mary's until the summer of 2017.

Asked if he expects to stay at Southampton, Koeman replied "yes" to reporters at a news conference."

Doesn't sound exactly cast in stone to me; unless he's said something more since (that's from the beeb 42 mins ago).

I'll put a limb out once again. It WONT be Koeman.

I personally would like us to go for Joachim Low, World Cup winner and quite clearly the lead man even when Klinsmann was in charge. Wealth of experience and his teams play good attacking football. Only concern is his lack of top level domestic experience.