• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

People are forgetting that we only started making serious movement in the market when Stones was sold. Funny wasn't it that things started to happen once we'd banked the sale. There was never any extra money to spend it was always sell to buy.

Edited by MC11

I will support Ronald through 4 transfer windows. I think he's got an idea of what he wants to do, which is press but sit deep and do it. It won't be a high press like Spurs, but it will be defensively sound and have the ability to hit on the counterattack. Unfortunately he doesn't have the players to do it now.

And pressing is much more than just saying, "I want to press." Every player has to coordinate and press at the same time. It took Klopp 2/3rds of a season to get his game straight with the shite, so we shouldn't expect things to turn immediately. He'll get the players he needs to execute the vision he has over the next window or two. Gueye and Bolaise will work. As will Lukaku. Essentially everyone else will be on notice.

I don't want him sacked or anything, but I also cannot see any difference from last year or the year before.... other than our impotence up front.

People say the defence is better, I just see less individual mistakes.

The last two years I honestly thought that we lost games that we deserved to win. This year I think we have got everything we deserved so far.....other than we got lucky against City and West ham.

I don't want him sacked or anything, but I also cannot see any difference from last year or the year before.... other than our impotence up front.

People say the defence is better, I just see less individual mistakes.

The last two years I honestly thought that we lost games that we deserved to win. This year I think we have got everything we deserved so far.....other than we got lucky against City and West ham.

The mistakes were the problem. Under RM there wasn't any pressure to be 100% a focused.

And Spurs, last season we looked like we could win games,we gave teams problems,right now we don't look like we're gonna win another game.

Martinez problem was his lack of defensive knowledge and inability to coach his defence to defend.

Arsen Wenger is made from the same mould more in tune with the attacking side of the game than the defensive, but what Wenger does is make sure his number two knows how to defend,if Martinez got him self an assistant who was a world class defender to take control of the defence he'd still be here now.

In my opinion Koeman has come in and made an average team from last season a very very poor team this season,if he done his homework he should have seen he just needed to sort the back four,that would have made us a good team,and given himself more time to buy wisely,instead of the panic buying we've seen,then he could create the top class team we want to see,but I'm afraid he's blown his opportunity,and I don't think he's got it in his arsenal to bring us back from this slump.

People are forgetting that we only started making serious movement in the market when Stones was sold. Funny wasn't it that things started to happen once we'd banked the sale. There was never any extra money to spend it was always sell to buy.

Have you ever heard on Financial Fair Play rules?

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

Some comments here are ridiculous. Our First 11 is poor and has been led to beleive they are great for 2 seasons. Under Martinez we looked like winning more matches? not at all! some of the displays under martinez were terrible, spurs away, sunderland, stoke, swansea in the cup just to name a few. Yeh we got a win against Chelsea under Martinez at home and got battered away this season by an excellent Chelsea side and so did UTD. Comparing 1 result is ridiculous. Koeman simply needs time, i imagine he is dying for January to come around. We have seen the stories form the summer, players either wanted more money or used to to get a better deal. It wasnt for lack of trying. He did a great job with Saints and hopefully will do a better job with us but to judge him after only 13 games after inheriting a poor poor team is pathetic.

Did he do a great job with Saints last year? IMO he should have got them higher in the league than he did. Plus that shite manager Martinez dicked him away and should have won at home.

I agree with Shukes in that under Martinez before the second half of last season, we did always create chances. We gave plenty away as well, but we did enough to win games but just didn't finish them off. We have still conceded plenty of good chances this season but we aren't creating anywhere near as many, especially not in the last half dozen or so games.

Some comments here are ridiculous. Our First 11 is poor and has been led to beleive they are great for 2 seasons. Under Martinez we looked like winning more matches? not at all! some of the displays under martinez were terrible, spurs away, sunderland, stoke, swansea in the cup just to name a few. Yeh we got a win against Chelsea under Martinez at home and got battered away this season by an excellent Chelsea side and so did UTD. Comparing 1 result is ridiculous. Koeman simply needs time, i imagine he is dying for January to come around. We have seen the stories form the summer, players either wanted more money or used to to get a better deal. It wasnt for lack of trying. He did a great job with Saints and hopefully will do a better job with us but to judge him after only 13 games after inheriting a poor poor team is pathetic.

Who is baseing it on one match?

I for one aren't.

But I stand by what I said... we looked much more likely to win then than we do now!

We also looked like we have goals on us.

You can judge a manager or player after one match, just as long as you accept you are judging them on one match....

Otherwise we could never comment that someone had a good game.

My opinion on Ron, is that, after 13 games h has been disappointing and made some bad decisions. He has also made a mistake in not letting youth have a chance.

If he goes on to win the next five I will gladly put my tail between my legs with a smile on my face.

Did he do a great job with Saints last year? IMO he should have got them higher in the league than he did. Plus that shite manager Martinez dicked him away and should have won at home.

I agree with Shukes in that under Martinez before the second half of last season, we did always create chances. We gave plenty away as well, but we did enough to win games but just didn't finish them off. We have still conceded plenty of good chances this season but we aren't creating anywhere near as many, especially not in the last half dozen or so games.

'One' of our good performances under Martinez. I think he did a great job at Saints considering the start he had with them.

We did create chances under martinez but we still never fully looked like winning as we were awful at the back and unfit. Dont get me wrong i dont want to see us play boring football either but its too early to judge.

My ultimate point is that Koeman deserves time, judging him after 13 games is unfair.

Sweet Jesus are people really questioning whether or not he did a good job at Southampton now?

In both seasons he was there he had to sell his best players and so had to totally rebuild his side not once but twice

To finish both seasons qualifying for Europe is an incredible achievement

who selected the players is what I would ask?

Sweet Jesus are people really questioning whether or not he did a good job at Southampton now?

In both seasons he was there he had to sell his best players and so had to totally rebuild his side not once but twice

To finish both seasons qualifying for Europe is an incredible achievement

I think it's just me ;)

Koeman fully admits to just dealing with the first team so he didn't rebuild as such.

Do you think that 7th last season was as good have been expected for such a solid side in such a bad PL season?

Plus people keep suggesting that Martinez's first year was down to Moyes so maybe Koeman's was down to Pochettino?

I think it's just me ;)

Koeman fully admits to just dealing with the first team so he didn't rebuild as such.

Do you think that 7th last season was as good have been expected for such a solid side in such a bad PL season?

Plus people keep suggesting that Martinez's first year was down to Moyes so maybe Koeman's was down to Pochettino?

Yes they may have been able to say that if it wasn't for the fact it literally wasn't Pochettinos team, all the star best players left

I understand people giving him a chance - after all he hasn't been here long.

My concerns are that he complained about the players lack of fitness when he came in.... what's changed? - nothing.

He came in and set his expectations by making Niasse the "not good enough you are out" fall guy.... yet goes and over-praises a player like Luaku who always seems to take praise as an opportunity to down tools and have a sabbatical on the pitch.

I just think some of the nonsense he has come out with has had the same effect as Martinez did - its just a different tone. He's just not an Everton manager for me.... he has the aura of a Samuel Eto "been here and done that and you are lucky to have me" - pretty divisive.

I was very pissed off after the game and lashed out at Koeman. Obviously he needs more time. 13 games isnt enough, but I find myself agreeing with Haf, something is off about this. It just feels wrong. I dont want us flogging a dead horse for too long this time.

Im usually behind the manager, I backed Moyes long after ppl called for his head. Same with Martinez. (Same with Walker unfortunatly)

My gut tells me that something is wrong with todays setup and im trusting my gut feeling.

Next our fans will be moaning about the manager having red baubles on his Christmas tree...Wait, our fans have actually have reached that pathetic level and are having a go at him for it!

That type of shit drives me crazy -- like you're now not allowed to own anything red because a rival is that color? I could understand a bunch of Liverpool decorations on the tree, but come on.

He inherited Barkley and Stones from Moyes, we kept all of our best players so it is the exact opposite to Koemans situation at Southampton

Can't give credit to Moyes for either of them. Barkley was misused and sent on loans to managers who said they wouldn't play him that much. One of the coaches had to beg him to sign Stones, and Moyes didn't give him a game.

Can't give credit to Moyes for either of them. Barkley was misused and sent on loans to managers who said they wouldn't play him that much. One of the coaches had to beg him to sign Stones, and Moyes didn't give him a game.

My point was That they were already at the club, Martinez inherited a very good squad