• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Mate he's strong enough and he would have been playing defensively in that position just in front of the back 4, defending is his game, I wasn't implying that he played a traditional midfield role, he would held his own and if not switch it.

But the inclusion of Barry was useless may as well not been on the pitch.

I'm with Pad, I know why your saying that but it's too much of a stretch to put a young lad into a position he hasn't played before at a decent level (as far as I know).

With that bench I only think you could bring in Barry at that time in the game but you can't put him in there and expect him to play like McCarthy. He needed to be the smart midfielder and let the other two do his running. Not have Barkley and Lukaku on string 10 metres apart.

Exactly this. The only option he had was Barry and he is more than capable of doing a job he's experienced and it's his natural position.

We got beat, end of. His hands were tied through injuries and limited options on the bench. He clearly doesn't fancy some players in the squad so he HAS to be given a few windows to bring his own players in rather than the dross Martinez has brought in that he's stuck with.

Fans need to get behind him now, the 'project' is a long one and patience will be needed and im sure tested at times.

Exactly. Martinez brought in some good players no doubt but he also brought in some dross and allowed some dross to stay. Robles jags browning Gibson Mcgeady Lennon niasse kone, we could lose them tomorrow and it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Exactly. Martinez brought in some good players no doubt but he also brought in some dross and allowed some dross to stay. Robles jags browning Gibson Mcgeady Lennon niasse kone, we could lose them tomorrow and it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Most are rightfully skeptical after 3 yrs of Martinez but you cannot start judging Moshiri/Koeman/Walsh until this time next year. In my eyes top half this year can be defined as success. We all want more for the club obviously but this investment has always been a long term build. It's not oil money from the middle east or russia, and FFP is in place now. This is a legitimate re-build of the club from the inside out.

Having said that if we look like this a year from now ill be absolutely fuming.

Most are rightfully skeptical after 3 yrs of Martinez but you cannot start judging Moshiri/Koeman/Walsh until this time next year. In my eyes top half this year can be defined as success. We all want more for the club obviously but this investment has always been a long term build. It's not oil money from the middle east or russia, and FFP is in place now. This is a legitimate re-build of the club from the inside out.

Agreed. A full summer and pre season is needed with his own players or at least 75% his own players.

Absolutely. Martinez started his time here with a bang and that bought him two extra seasons, but it was evident things were moving quickly downhill before he left. Koeman needs a chance to turn things around so we're battling again. It's obvious the players we have on the books (most of them) aren't willing to fight for the club and I'm ready to see a lot moving on because of that.

As fans we want instant success from the players we have -- that's not always possible -- however, working hard for the fans is, and we're just not seeing that. It's unacceptable.

Fans need to get behind him now, the 'project' is a long one and patience will be needed and im sure tested at times.

Stop talking out your arse Dean anyone can see he should have taken an 11th placed dross team of shite with no discipline and a total inability to basic defending and turn us top 6 in one window and 15 games.

Sheeesh.

Has to be on thin ice now. It's looking more and more likely that Moshiri isn't a football man based on Koeman's appointment and the summer.

The mere fact that you're a Liverpool fan and spend your time posting on an Everton board shows you're absolutely terrified we'regoing to get this stadium and become big again.

You're scared I can smell it all over you ???

Eric it's obvious that deep down you want to be blue, you've probably been bullied all your life by the reds in your family, now it's time to be brave and let the people around you know how you really feel and your passion for Everton, we will look after you Eric don't be scared, or should it be Erica.

It took clown-shoes 80ish % of a season to undo the defensive solidity and confidence Moyes had instilled in the side, granted the philosophy of working the ball around tippy tappy style vexxed most of the league that year and with Lukaku finishing well we had a decent season finishing fifth (pissing fourth away)

Koeman will be a miracle worker to turn the damage clown-shoes is responsible for around in one full season, some players have moved on, some are due to throw the towel in but it is the younger players of that regime that carry the hurt and damage the longest and might not be able to shake it. Sadly some of the players we attached our hopes too might have to move on to pastures new to rid themselves of the stench of martinez (clown-shoes!) and the idiocy he infected the side with.

Although Koeman is far from endearing so far as his media obligations and soundbites through the club go, at least he isn't telling us lies and believing them along with his own hype like the tit that was our last manager did.

Rom to bag a brace today (leicester away).

I'm not spending another 2 seasons waiting for our manager to be sacked.

If he's not gone at the end of the season everton have lost my money as a fan.

At least he isn't bullshitting us and himself. Lets see what him and Walsh can conjure yet before we bin him like we eventually did with clown-shoes.

I just want a Mario Gomez in or someone the same to join us up up front, Koeman did the business with Pelle, perhaps Giabbiadini is his choice. We've all got used to Gueye being superb, a bad day at the office was due.

I'm not liking the line ups and substitutions, not one bit, but he gets a nod of approval for not telling lies yet/so far.

Truth and improvement is all there is from here.....