• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Dutch player says very nice things (in Dutch) about Dutch legend.

Bowl me over with a feather.

If only the Everton support paid as much attention to what a certain Belgian player says when he's off on international duty....... Oh wait......

Have you noticed this certain Belgian player hasn't said anything recently? More so his agent talking about the more exciting project at his current club.

Is it wrong to expect more from the 11th highest paid manager in the world?

It could be worse, Swansea have just sacked theirs after half a season.

When given a bit of time, yes.

As said above... it'll take more than one window and 6 months of coaching to turn round the previous shite. This squad needs a whole transformation. I'm not sure if our fans are delusional or see that these players are good on computer games so must be in real life but we really only have the 7th best squad in the Prem and even that's debatable... we're not that good at the moment and whoever took over had a massive job on their hands.

I don't think we were that bad yesterday. We weren't great either but they are fighting for their lives. Moss had a shocker not that that's an excuse like.

People need to wake up to just how shit this team is, screaming he plays youth then when he does he's throwing them in the deep end, moaning he's not playing Valencia, he does the team choice is wrong.

Look at the bench yesterday. What options did we have on it? Please don't say Davies because I think my head will explode if someone does. He's not ready to start.

Oh and Robles should have saved the free kick. Shite goalkeeping.

I actually thought apart from the first 10 minutes and Gana's fuck up gifting them that free-kick that we didn't play too badly at all.

No idea why Jags was brought back in though. He played like he was still pissed-up from Christmas. The defence looked pretty solid last game without Jags, he's brought back in and we become panicked again.

When given a bit of time, yes.

As said above... it'll take more than one window and 6 months of coaching to turn round the previous shite. This squad needs a whole transformation. I'm not sure if our fans are delusional or see that these players are good on computer games so must be in real life but we really only have the 7th best squad in the Prem and even that's debatable... we're not that good at the moment and whoever took over had a massive job on their hands.

He's had one window and six months in the job so you would expect to see some improvement no matter how small, but the truth is that we are far worse than we were last season.

We go on to pitch at the moment and you would be forgiven for thinking that the players had all just met 20 minutes ago.

There are no basics in the way we are set up the way the players work as a team, it is a total shambles every game it's a different line up or a different formation, he just hasn't got a clue.

Last season with the same players who you ridicule now as being shite and the only reason we are in the position we are at the moment, those same players last season could play football, they could retain the ball play it round could find each other had good movement on and off the ball, we've have none of that now Koeman has taken any ability they had out of them through bad management.

Your right we are shit but the shit you see out there now is the shit he has created.

To be honest you could go on forever about what he hasn't done or hasn't got the ability to do, since his one window and six months in charge here, there's so much shit its endless.

But and I'm being objective here you struggle to find any positives he has brought to the team, bar Gana, but even he has really struggled in the past few weeks as the team gets worse with every game we play, racking my brain here but I genuinely can't think of anything else positive he has done for this club.

Those players last season went behind and stayed behind... we've gained more mettle - it may not be obvious but I think it's 12 points gained now from losing positions. We're far too slow at starting and shouldn't be going behind in these games but at least we're getting back into them.

Far worse than last season is a huge call... we are poor but that's pushing it. What I will say is maybe we got into winning positions more but I'm sure we had the record for throwing away leads under Martinez. We are by no means solid under Koeman but I think his game management is much better - problem is we need to up the tempo to get ahead earlier. I'm sure time will tell but for me, we've got the right manager.

I do wonder what the reaction would have been had Calvert Lewin snatched it late on... would have still been the same performance but I suspect a different after match reaction...

1982 perhaps you could enlighten me as to what positives he has brought to this club in the time and money he has spent here.

Gueye looks an excellent signing.

Bolasie has just been really bad luck as he looked like an attacking player who can press and do what Koeman's looking for - something I feel Geri can't do. Lennon can to a point but lacks the real quality and Mirallas seems to be getting better at.

Williams is an upgrade on Jags but needs a centre back partner. I don't think Mori is good enough in a 2 and Holgate is a long term option.

Valencia is bang average - it's clear we wanted more attacking players but didn't address this in the summer due to reasons unbeknown to me. But at least he looks energetic.

Stekelenburg is a decent number 2 - I think Koeman's biggest mistake this summer wasn't signing Joe Hart - we need a solid number 1.

Calvert Lewin looks a decent find - whether I can credit Koeman for this... he's certainly being given an opportunity to be in and around the first team like Davies and Holgate.

He's done okay in the transfer market so far. I think come February there will be at least 3 more top quality signings which will improve others e.g Barkley, Lukaku.

People don't need to wake up and smell the coffee, you need a massive reality check, if you for one fleeting moment you think that what you witnessed yesterday was in any way acceptable you have know knowledge what so ever about football in my humble opinion.

Course I don't I've only been going for 30 years. Why do you have to be such a condescending pretentious jumped up prick all the time?

For spells of that game we dominated them, this was a side that for 70 minutes were the better side against City last week. Look at the bench there was literally nothing on it, nothing.

There are no gimmies in this league, did you expect us to steamroll them? Because if you think we have a squad capable of doing that, quite frankly it's you who knows fuck all about football.

I actually thought apart from the first 10 minutes and Gana's fuck up gifting them that free-kick that we didn't play too badly at all.

No idea why Jags was brought back in though. He played like he was still pissed-up from Christmas. The defence looked pretty solid last game without Jags, he's brought back in and we become panicked again.

Yep, bringing Jagielka back was a mistake. First 10 minutes we were awful but we dominated after that and deserved to go in 1-1 we were much the better team first bit of the second half but we didn't score and they grew into it but we finished the stronger.

They are literally fighting for their lives and we're a team in transition. It was nowhere near as bad as some are suggesting. It was by no means great either but we were far from shite.

Those players last season went behind and stayed behind... we've gained more mettle - it may not be obvious but I think it's 12 points gained now from losing positions. We're far too slow at starting and shouldn't be going behind in these games but at least we're getting back into them.

Far worse than last season is a huge call... we are poor but that's pushing it. What I will say is maybe we got into winning positions more but I'm sure we had the record for throwing away leads under Martinez. We are by no means solid under Koeman but I think his game management is much better - problem is we need to up the tempo to get ahead earlier. I'm sure time will tell but for me, we've got the right manager.

I do wonder what the reaction would have been had Calvert Lewin snatched it late on... would have still been the same performance but I suspect a different after match reaction...

I personally think people are more disillusioned about the way we are playing than the results, last season we played better football when in possession of the ball, but let ourselves down defensively so that needed working on, and early on it looked like he had cracked it but last 10-12 games have been on a par with last season, and I don't find having to come back from a goal down to salvage a point from teams we'd like to think we are better than a positive, to me it's a negative that we keep finding ourselves in that position, unless the the reality is we aren't better than Hulls of this league which is looking more like the case, and if so that's down to Koeman, because I can assure you we never looked like the worst team in the league last season.

1982 perhaps you could enlighten me as to what positives he has brought to this club in the time and money he has spent here.

I'm not 1982 but a couple of points: The team is much more resilient. We have managed to win points by either scoring late or keeping the shop shut at the end. Something Martinez's Everton was horrible at. Defense is also much, much better. In fact without that crash against Chelsea we'd have one of the most efficient in the PL. Only Chelsea and Spurs have had clearly better defenses this season.

Course I don't I've only been going for 30 years. Why do you have to be such a condescending pretentious jumped up prick all the time?

For spells of that game we dominated them, this was a side that for 70 minutes were the better side against City last week. Look at the bench there was literally nothing on it, nothing.

There are no gimmies in this league, did you expect us to steamroll them? Because if you think we have a squad capable of doing that, quite frankly it's you who knows fuck all about football.

So it's not condescending that you can tell everyone that said we were terrible that they need to wake up and smell the coffee, you started the mud slinging got some back and through your dummy out the pram.

And 30 years a supporter doesn't make you right.

I'm not 1982 but a couple of points: The team is much more resilient. We have managed to win points by either scoring late or keeping the shop shut at the end. Something Martinez's Everton was horrible at. Defense is also much, much better. In fact without that crash against Chelsea we'd have one of the most efficient in the PL. Only Chelsea and Spurs have had clearly better defenses this season.

I totally agree Martinez team was woeful when it came to defending,I saw it for myself and it was his downfall, and that isn't just taking swipe at the back 4 the whole team bare a responsibility for defending which Martinez couldn't grasp.

Then Koeman arrives and we're flying he has sorted the defence out everything is looking good, then the wheels come off in a massive way and the defence is all over the place again where leaking goals early in games, we don't look like we can put to passes together, and the manager seems unable to work out what's happened in the last 12 game's and that worries the shit out of me, and scares me even more when you hear some supporters say they think we are playing well, now I except that that is there opinion and they have the right to express their opinions, but I have the right to dismiss their opinions just as much as they have the right to dismiss mine, and believe that my believes are right just as everyone believes that theirs are.

So Makis on that note I hope I haven't upset you to much by not agreeing to all you said and hopefully you won't come back swearing like a 10 year-old in the playground, but if you do mate feel free I won't get offended its water off a ducks back.

Edited by Palfy

Gueye looks an excellent signing.

Bolasie has just been really bad luck as he looked like an attacking player who can press and do what Koeman's looking for - something I feel Geri can't do. Lennon can to a point but lacks the real quality and Mirallas seems to be getting better at.

Williams is an upgrade on Jags but needs a centre back partner. I don't think Mori is good enough in a 2 and Holgate is a long term option.

Valencia is bang average - it's clear we wanted more attacking players but didn't address this in the summer due to reasons unbeknown to me. But at least he looks energetic.

Stekelenburg is a decent number 2 - I think Koeman's biggest mistake this summer wasn't signing Joe Hart - we need a solid number 1.

Calvert Lewin looks a decent find - whether I can credit Koeman for this... he's certainly being given an opportunity to be in and around the first team like Davies and Holgate.

He's done okay in the transfer market so far. I think come February there will be at least 3 more top quality signings which will improve others e.g Barkley, Lukaku.

From what I have read Gueye was Walsh ' s signing and Williams was someone we have been after before but never been able to get over the line (Kenwright said we had been looking at him for a while)

Not sure about the rest. Stek would have definitely been Koeman's.

There's a certain difference between someone who was here for three seasons and how many transfer windows, six? and a team that finished sixth and someone who haven't had one decent transfer window and was left with a team of overrated or overage players.

People still think someone like Mirallas is a good player. He's now had three managers to prove that. How many good games has he had out of the 130 games he has played? Deulofeu was a Martinez type player, looks great on Youtube, spends most of the game doing jack all. Flatters to deceive is putting it mildly. Barry, Jagielka and Baines all need replacing (and I do wonder why Barry and Baines were offered extensions, Baines I could just about but Barry is just so past it). Niasse was a joke. Funes Mori is good enough to sit on the bench, not start every game. Cleverley, another Martinez player, ultimately produces very little.

Talking utter shite again I see!

We difference now is that we don't invite pressure upon ourselves and over commit. We dont piss about with it at the back while both fullbacks have overlapped.

Set pieces we seem just as bad as we concede at least 1 good chance a game.

Don't forget we have always won plenty of points from losing positions, both under Moyes and Martinez. Under Martinez though we used to throw those points away again a minute later! Especially last season!

I know it's not perfect at the moment, but I've seen some utter shite football being played at Everton in my lifetime. I didn't turn my back on Everton with a shite manager and shite team in the past I won't be starting now.

We are still shaking off the mess Roberto left behind, it will take time!

If we are still crap at the end of next season I'll worry, but Roberto got three years grace. Ronald deserves the same chance.

I know it's not perfect at the moment, but I've seen some utter shite football being played at Everton in my lifetime. I didn't turn my back on Everton with a shite manager and shite team in the past I won't be starting now.

We are still shaking off the mess Roberto left behind, it will take time!

If we are still crap at the end of next season I'll worry, but Roberto got three years grace. Ronald deserves the same chance.

He definitely deserves more time, he did a very good job at Soton but no way should he get 3 years. Bobby got 3 years based on his first season and by getting us to 2 semi finals. Koeman doesn't look like doing the same after 18-24 months in charge then we should cut our losses.

I don't think it will get to that though.

Because he doesn't think Mirallas is that good?

I agree with a lot of what he put in that post to be honest.

No because he's basically writing all our half decent players off! Funes Mori is a much better player than he's given credit for! It's the old fella's next to him that are iffy! Deulofeu is an incredibly dangerous player who needs managing correctly. I.e do what you're good at get the ball and run at defenders. Mirallas still one of the better players at the club. Baines still has a season or two in him. Only thing I agree with is Barry but who doesn't agree with that. Koemans football is making everybody look bad apart from a holding midfielder. Says it all!

Half a season is nowhere near enough time to judge a manager, Howard Kendell always said it took 3 years to build a squad. Koeman inherited a team in need of major overhaul, with players low on confidence.

Jags, Barry, Mirallas, Lennon, Oviedo, Kone, Robles, all need replacing.

Deulofeu needs to develop more as a player as does Barkley.

Koeman has only been able to bring in 3 real players, of which Williams, and Bolassi are stop gap players.

Koeman will spend big in January and again in the summer, only after next season once he has the players in that can play the football he wants will we be able to fairly judge. The aim has to be this season to finish as close to the top 6 as possible to be able to attract the players we need in the summer.

I totally agree Martinez team was woeful when it came to defending,I saw it for myself and it was his downfall, and that isn't just taking swipe at the back 4 the whole team bare a responsibility for defending which Martinez couldn't grasp.

Then Koeman arrives and we're flying he has sorted the defence out everything is looking good, then the wheels come off in a massive way and the defence is all over the place again where leaking goals early in games, we don't look like we can put to passes together, and the manager seems unable to work out what's happened in the last 12 game's and that worries the shit out of me, and scares me even more when you hear some supporters say they think we are playing well, now I except that that is there opinion and they have the right to express their opinions, but I have the right to dismiss their opinions just as much as they have the right to dismiss mine, and believe that my believes are right just as everyone believes that theirs are.

So Makis on that note I hope I haven't upset you to much by not agreeing to all you said and hopefully you won't come back swearing like a 10 year-old in the playground, but if you do mate feel free I won't get offended its water off a ducks back.

Soton under Koeman had a poor run at the same time as we had this season. Don't know why that is.

But if you look at the forms of teams only WHU has been in better form over the last five games from teams below us. Top six has been clearly in better form, but apart from that we are pretty much where we should based on the form table. https://www.premierleague.com/tables

We are not playing well and results could be better that's for sure. But unlike Martinez, Koeman inherited a team in crisis with gaping holes in it and he didn't even have a full summer. This despite loosing our big summer signing and a dramatic decline in form for both Jagielka and Baines (Barry I thought had the same issues already last season).

No because he's basically writing all our half decent players off! Funes Mori is a much better player than he's given credit for! It's the old fella's next to him that are iffy! Deulofeu is an incredibly dangerous player who needs managing correctly. I.e do what you're good at get the ball and run at defenders. Mirallas still one of the better players at the club. Baines still has a season or two in him. Only thing I agree with is Barry but who doesn't agree with that. Koemans football is making everybody look bad apart from a holding midfielder. Says it all!

Yeah yeah. For you it doesn't matter how the players actually play, you just see them doing something exciting once in a while and they are great. You obviously don't see how players play when they are not in possession and you only care about the highlight reels. If Deulofeu played 90 minutes you'd get a really great Youtube video at the end of season but it would completely lack context - for instance how badly Coleman would be exposed in every game because either Deulofeu walks hands on hips 30 yards too high up with Coleman facing two attackers or just being run past because he has no clue on how to defend or mark (at least in the latter he tries, but you can't usually even say that). Nor does it show the nine out of ten situations where he picks the wrong choice. As for his crossing, yes, it's technically great but he doesn't look where players are. Contrast Baines, for instance yesterday's cross to Barkley, he very clearly looks where players are and put a beautiful cross in the danger area. Deulofeu probably would have crossed somewhere else (assuming he didn't loose the ball by trying to beat the same man three times first) and the sulked hands on hips because no-one could read his mind.

Mirallas is completely anonymous for most matches.

Funes Mori is another for the highlight reels because it doesn't show his poor positioning or how he forgets his man in box all too often. Or his lack of pace. But he does have a few great headers, runs and tackles every season so you can make a reel that makes him look like a world-beater.

Half a season is nowhere near enough time to judge a manager, Howard Kendell always said it took 3 years to build a squad. Koeman inherited a team in need of major overhaul, with players low on confidence.

With these fans around Kendall would have been sacked halfway through first season.

I still rate Mirallas but have big doubts over Gerry and Mori. I personally think Williams needs a better centre back partner - that may mean selling Mori, a player I think has some great qualities but also always has a mistake in him. I think Mori is fine in a 3 where he has extra cover though.

Baines need better competition than Oviedo, with this I still think he's got a lot to offer. Barry is still an important squad member, it's a shame McCarthy and Besic have been out as he is playing more than he should and this will be addressed in January. Jags, unfortunately seems on his last legs and we'll hopefully replace him - once again though I don't think Mori is the replacement.

I still rate Mirallas but have big doubts over Gerry and Mori. I personally think Williams needs a better centre back partner - that may mean selling Mori, a player I think has some great qualities but also always has a mistake in him. I think Mori is fine in a 3 where he has extra cover though.

Baines need better competition than Oviedo, with this I still think he's got a lot to offer. Barry is still an important squad member, it's a shame McCarthy and Besic have been out as he is playing more than he should and this will be addressed in January. Jags, unfortunately seems on his last legs and we'll hopefully replace him - once again though I don't think Mori is the replacement.

Williams clearly needs a more mobile partner. Baines has struggled since his last injury, let's hope he gets over it. Problem is, players at that age often find that hard. He's still one of my all-time favourite Everton players so I'd hate to write him off just yet. Baines doesn't necessarily need competition because he has played well in the past without it (i.e. he doesn't really need a kick in the back to play well) but simply because he might have lost that yard of pace it would be a good idea to start thinking of phasing him out eventually.

I personally think people are more disillusioned about the way we are playing than the results, last season we played better football when in possession of the ball, but let ourselves down defensively so that needed working on, and early on it looked like he had cracked it but last 10-12 games have been on a par with last season, and I don't find having to come back from a goal down to salvage a point from teams we'd like to think we are better than a positive, to me it's a negative that we keep finding ourselves in that position, unless the the reality is we aren't better than Hulls of this league which is looking more like the case, and if so that's down to Koeman, because I can assure you we never looked like the worst team in the league last season.

Say what???

Worst home form in the clubs history wasn't it? I'm all for a bit of revisionism but lets let the dust settle a little bit before we grant clown-shoes a stay of execution.