• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

We actually had an excellent start to last season. I was feeling really optimistic - Barkley was on fire, Lukaku was scoring, even Kone was looking quality but around Bournemouth 3-3, a game we won but threw away twice, and the Leicester 2-3 at Goodison all that good work soon fizzled out and we've been in a slumber throughout 2016. We were arguably in a better position this time last year but we didn't kick on.

I don't know what happened around December 2015 but Martinez never got us going with any consistency again and deservedly got sacked in my opinion. Koeman has inherited whatever this is/was and tried to apply a new approach to play, train, etc... progress isn't evident yet - it's up to personal opinion whether you think this new approach will be progressive or not.

Our whole transfer/scouting/way of doing transfers has changed... I can accept people may expect better performances but realistically we are where we should be - 7th - best of the rest. Moyes got us above this with a settled, well drilled team, Martinez seemed like he added to that in his first season but sadly think he undid a lot of what made us successful there after. Koeman has got Southampton working above where you'd expect the past 2 seasons. With £££ and time I expect he can do more with us.

1 more point and 1 less clean sheet in what was Martinez THIRD season compared to Koemans 1st and 17 games and one window. Yes I do blame him for giving Lukaku the pens, so what he's a professional footballer, hey we may as well let Williams take the corners then eh because he's a professional.

Martinez lost the players because he turned us into a shambles . The players lost respect for him because he was clearly slowly but surely destroying us. Brought Barkley on? I'd say there was a case in point that he's ut him back in his career for not coaching him properly and leaving him to his own devices.

I'm not saying Koemans the next Kendall, I'm yet to make my mind up either way, but he has inherited a mess, regardless of who's to blame for that or what anyone's opinion is on it we were a mess and nobody can deny that. To expect him to come in and fix it inside 6 months is absolute madness in my opinion.

The point is that if Martinez was that bad last season we should be doing much better.

Barkley had barely seen the first team when Martinez took over, nor did Stones yet one was sold for 50mil and Barkley is worth around that, especially at this stage last season. There are plenty of reasons that Martinez fucked things up but he made both those two lads and developed Lukaku beyond expectations. That is beyond question.

I don't expect Koeman to have fixed things so quickly, never said anything like that, and it would be madness to think that but I do expect to see some sort of progress by now and I can't any and no-one has been able to give me any evidence of any progress. I don't think that is unfair?

I'm glad Koeman set his team up much more like we have been asking for and surprise surprise it worked!

It's a shame DCL got injured and good on Koeman for using him and Davies.

Fwiw Koeman does historically have a good record of bringing through youngsters, he just didn't rate Southampton's academy and said as much in an interview.

Thought he was brave with the team he put out last night.

Big game against city, we got decent results in the first half of the season against the teams above us ( bar chelsea/Liverpool). However I feel like we are looking over our shoulder more than ahead at catching united.

We definitely kept the ball much better but for large parts we lacked the quality to unpick a sturdy well organised defence.

I thought our attacking play was very poor first half against a patched up defence with 2 rookie full backs, a supposedly unsettled Fonte and a bang average Yoshida. Forster is a top keeper though and Clasie and Romeu provide good protection.

Ah , see a cob is crusty, there's a clue in the name roll, it's elongated.

MC is a wool, he lives by Wales take no notice of him.

What thread are we in by the way :lol:

I live in Wallasey mate! I could swim to town faster than you could drive! Litherland is in Crosby. You wool

I live in Wallasey mate! I could swim to town faster than you could drive! Litherland is in Crosby. You wool

Geography wasn't your strong point was it, it's 4 miles away from Crosby, it borders Bootle.

You hit the nail on the head, you'd have to swim you have a ch postcode therefore you're a plazzy you German.

Geography wasn't your strong point was it, it's 4 miles away from Crosby, it borders Bootle.

You hit the nail on the head, you'd have to swim you have a ch postcode therefore you're a plazzy you German.

We both know Litherland is out of the borders!