IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

• 3 weeks later...

Matt I'm going to keep on telling people we are signing Kroos until either people believe me or it actually happens. I can't wait, Kroos and Barkley will be so good together in midfield, it's going to be a great season.

I did believe you when I read your initial post, thought someone had nodded you on :(

Garbutt signed a 5 year deal last summer and Bryan signed a 3.5 yr deal back in Feb.

I hope Oviedo stays. He may be more suited to play LW than LB. I'd be willing to have Mirallas backed up by Ovideo at LW, spend our new money elsewhere. No more Cleverley or Barkley out on wing, ever. Much more pressing needs in several positions other than LW.

If it's true that we have £100 plus the rom money then we need to start the ball rolling with who would go straight into the first team. It also depends on what formation koeman likes to play. I don't know really what his formation was at Southampton. I imagine similar to ours? I'd spend £20 mill on butland. I know he's only just signed a new deal but what does that matter? Players push moves through. If we are genuine about going balls out next season he will want a part of that. He probably has a clause just like vardy has at Leicester. If stones goes a centre back is a must. Van djyk? A manager normally takes one player with him. You must be looking at £20 mill for him. I like the lad at Newcastle in midfield. Box to box and likes a goal. Competition for the middle of the park. A playmaker and a striker or two as well.isco would be nice and I'd look at Hernandez and dembele at fulham

I just found the whole episode funny mate. A guy who needs to come to you for tickets has inside info at the club.

Ok, not that I have to explain but I will.

He's a journalist, he's from Ireland, he doesn't HAVE to come to me for anything, he just asks me now and again if he's over to get him tickets through our supporters club.

I assume the info he gets he gets through being a journo not because he knows anyone at the club.

Howard, Hibbert, Oviedo, Gibson, Osman, Pienaar, McGeady and Koné all need to go. In my opinion it's time to part ways with Lukaku and Mirallas as well.

In goal we're left with Robles, so we need definitely to bring in another keeper and it should be a better one than Robles so it's likely going to be an expensive one.

In defense we'd be left with Coleman, Stones, Jagielka, Funes Mori and Baines. So we'd need competition for Coleman at right back, I'd be okay with Garbutt covering for Baines as Galloway can play there if need be as well. At centre back we'd have Galloway and Pennington as well, but if there really are as much funds available as some media are making out, then I would like another first eleven centre back as well, though it's not a huge priority for me yet.

In midfield we'd have Barry, McCarthy, Besic, Cleverley and Barkley. We could do with strengthening these positions, but I'm unsure of what to make of the players already at our disposal. I thought Barry was finished after the season before last, then last season he did really well. Still he's turning 36 next year and if we want to press higher up the pitch, a player with some more athleticism would be preferable. McCarthy had a disappointing season and I wouldn't be entirely opposed to replacing him either (whether that's simply moving him to a backup role or selling him outright if there's a good offer). Besic has shown flashes, but hasn't been able to conquer a starting spot in two years at the club, let alone make himself irreplacable. Cleverley started out well, got injured and was wank afterwards. I'd keep him around as Osman's replacement as someone that can fill in in the double pivot, behind the striker, on the left, on the right... if need be for at least another season. Barkley has an interesting skill set, but I'm still unsure as to how those skills would be best used. He mostly plays as a number ten, but there's too many instances where he runs and dribbles with the ball with his head down and too few where he picks the right pass at the right moment and executes it perfectly. Maybe he could be turned into a box-to-box midfielder at the eight (because of his strength, athleticism, motor and shot from distance), but I worry it might be too late to teach him the tactical discipline and defensive instincts required. If that switch doesn't work to get the best out of him, maybe he could be deployed on the left as well. Anyway, we could do with midfield reinforcements, but I also don't want to put too many obstacles in the way to the first team for Davies and Dowell, so if we bring players in we need to make sure we move on from others as well.

On the wings we'd only be left with Deulofeu and Lennon, so we could do with two left wingers, in addition to guys like Barkley, Cleverley, Niassé and Dowell who could play there.

Niassé hasn't really shown anything in his half a season in England, so I wouldn't even be entirely comfortable with him as the main backup striker for an entire season, maybe Tarashaj comes over and impresses, but I'd still like two new strikers.

So there's lots of work to be done this summer if we want to catch up with the top sides imo.