IGNORED

2016 Summer Transfer Window

Probably means we've got about 6 players coming in. It might take three weeks of "in the next 48 hours" like.

:lol:

I'm expecting one big one soon, a squadie mid July then 2 more big signings at the end of the window. 4 players is just enough in one go, else you risk destabilising the dressing room (which will have already lost 3 big characters in Ossie, Hibbert and Pienaar)

Balls to wall, I'd like one of the following please Ronnie;

ST - Lacazette - £35m / Embolo - £25m

LM/AM - Hakan Calhanoglu - £20m

CDM – Ruben Neves - £16m / CM – Goretzka - £18m

GK – Marc-Andre ter Stegen - £22m / Stéphane Ruffier - £12m

I like the names on here. Talk to me about Stephane Ruffier... Is he the French keeper? Don't know too much about him if I'm honest. I'm really looking forward to seeing who we sign as a GK. The last few years we've really lacked a quality keeper and I can't wait to see a new face between the sticks.

ter Stegen's release clause is 56 million. Lacazette at that price is a big gamble. Calhanoglu is a strange guy, he has a, erm, colourful career so far.

Doesn't mean we have to pay that for Ter Stegen though. £30m according to the papers, I think he's worth it

RS were linked with ter Stegen some time ago but apparently baulked at the price. Plus he has recently said he wants to stay at Barca.

Didn't he become outright league and cup number 1 towards the end of the season? Can't see any reason why he'd leave.

Id like to see us sign Wijnaldum this summer, not as our Marquee signing but i think he'd be great for us and would thrive under Koeman. Reports of 30m which is ridiculous, at the right price he'd be a great buy.

I think he'd be a great buy also. For about 10-15M, I'd love to have him.

I hesitate to put a price tag on any player though, with the recent inflation in the market for player transfers.

Wijnaldum and either Wiesel/shneirderlin with Ross would be a nice midfield three. Need to spend big on a keeper. I'd go balls out for butland.

INS

Butland £20 mil

Wijnaldum £18 mill

Shneirderlin £25 mill

Yarmelenko £20 mill

Milik £15 mill

Jansen £20 mill

Dembele tribunal

OUTS

Lukaku £60 mill

Niasse £8 mill

Kone £1.5 mill

Team could look like butland,Coleman,stones,mori,Baines,shneirderlin,wijnaldum,Barkley,yarmelenko,mirralas/geri,milik/Jansen.

SUBS

Robles,jags,Galloway,garbutt,McCarthy,Lennon,Dembele,browning,Davies etc from 21s

By my making, excluding youth players/non proven players this is our main squad this season:

GK: Robles

DL: Baines, Oviedo

DR: Coleman

DC: Jagielka, Funes Mori,Stones

DM: Barry, McCarthey, Besic, Gibson

CM: Barkley, Cleverly

LM: Deulofeu, Lennon

RM: Mirallas

ST: Lukaku, Kone

If we have a rumoured budget of 100 million, we should be looking to bring in a couple of "signings of intent".

Realistically we need a first team goalkeeper, a back up for RB, an experienced CB, a first team DM, a back up for RM, and a first team striker to push for Roms spot, proving he stays and a starting AMC.

I'd like to see us spend the majority of the of the money on a goalkeeper, a deep playmaker, a right winger and an attacking midfielder, preferably someone with a low centre of gravity to give us a different options to Barkley and a striker. Hopefully the rest of the positions can be filled with players who are experienced and are avaliable for free or on the cheap, just to fill in the gaps.

The only worry I have is upsetting the squads balance in the dressing room with too many signings.

Any thoughts on my thoery gents?

Good post Aiden, but I hate the idea of buying a back up right back. Why not try to buy one better than Seamus?

Keeper, centre half, two midfielder (whether central or 10s or holding I don't mind) a striker (and shift Kone and Niasse) and other striker if Rom leaves, a left footed winger.

Good post Aiden, but I hate the idea of buying a back up right back. Why not try to buy one better than Seamus?

Keeper, centre half, two midfielder (whether central or 10s or holding I don't mind) a striker (and shift Kone and Niasse) and other striker if Rom leaves, a left footed winger.

My thoughts are that Coleman two or three seasons ago was one of the best full backs in the league. There's no reason he can get back to that under Koeman. I think the resources should be spend elsewhere.

In other words resign Hibbo on a 5 year contract.

My thoughts are that Coleman two or three seasons ago was one of the best full backs in the league. There's no reason he can get back to that under Koeman. I think the resources should be spend elsewhere.

In other words resign Hibbo on a 5 year contract.

I can think of one reason - he's lost a shit load of pace that won't be coming back.