IGNORED

Are other cuisines as popular abroad as they are in the States?

Speak for yourself, I am an Obese bastard

Opposite me, docs keep weighing me and telling me to put on some pounds; all my old "medium" Everton shirts fit me now, which is a plus.....but I have to steal them out of Josh's wardrobe 'cause he's nicked them all (actually it's normally a pile on the floor job rather than wardrobe :rolleyes:).

Opposite me, docs keep weighing me and telling me to put on some pounds; all my old "medium" Everton shirts fit me now, which is a plus.....but I have to steal them out of Josh's wardrobe 'cause he's nicked them all (actually it's normally a pile on the floor job rather than wardrobe :rolleyes:).

Got an Everton Jersey from Everton Two for £15 today ?

For an Australian that's never heard of such cultural cuisine just how do they serve up this chips, curry and rice dish? Are each part of the dish served up seperately, with the curry being used for dipping your chips into, or is it served up together as a sloppy nachos-esc mess? Can't say I've ever of anything like it over here, but I'm very curious to try it.

For an Australian that's never heard of such cultural cuisine just how do they serve up this chips, curry and rice dish? Are each part of the dish served up seperately, with the curry being used for dipping your chips into, or is it served up together as a sloppy nachos-esc mess? Can't say I've ever of anything like it over here, but I'm very curious to try it.

All depends on where you get it

In one tray, ' half and half ' with the curry all over the top. On occasion one seen people ask for curry at the bottom of the dish as well.

You usually get asked if you want the sausage separate or on top.

Edited by pete0

we eat a lot of pasta, my son is 2 years old and loves it. red sauce, pesto, olive oil, doesn't matter how we prepare it he eats it up. had tortellini last night (a personal favorite on mine), it was delicious.

might just change this to the "food" thread.

Josh grew up on pasta, would eat it every day if he could. I make my own sauce in big batches (red wine, pesto, passata, oregano mostly) and freeze about eight portions at a time. Spicy sausage tortellini is his current fave, with plenty of parmesan naturally!

Josh grew up on pasta, would eat it every day if he could. I make my own sauce in big batches (red wine, pesto, passata, oregano mostly) and freeze about eight portions at a time. Spicy sausage tortellini is his current fave, with plenty of parmesan naturally!

agreed that heaps of cheese is a necessity :)

Within a 10 minutes' drive, we have Southern, Cajun, Jamaican, Cuban, Mexican, Peruvian, Brazilian, Indian, Moroccan, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Laotian, Mongolian, English, Irish, French, Italian, Spanish, Caribbean, Mediterranean, and Greek - and these are just the ones off the top of my head. In some cases, there are multiple to choose from.

Had a bacon butty for lunch. Bacon from local butchers, 3 big thick rashers and two door stoppers of bread (no butter for health reasons). :D Just had tea. 'Pulled pork' pasty, new potatoes, peas and sweetcorn. All accompanied by a pint of London Pride. Ice cream to follow. Like mainly plain, honest food. Can't stand garlic, makes me ill. Favourites are roast beef (well done) or lamb (also well done).

Love crab and lobster but don't have it very often.

One of the problems of eating out is I always have to ask if there is garlic in the dish, some chef's can't cook without putting garlic in. Once went into a pub/restaurant in Stamford, Lincs, with 5 or 6 guys I had been playing golf with. We looked at the menu and I asked the landlord if one particular dish had garlic in. He said 'I put garlic in everything'. I said 'can I have this without garlic' and he said 'no'. We all looked at each other and agreed to walk out. We went somewhere else and he lost 5 or 6 covers.

Have you had wild garlic? It's lovely, you can eat the whole plant but the flowers in particular are great in salads.

There's a place just down a lane outside our village where huge amounts grow every year on the grass verge.

we get it in the supermarket sometimes. Thinking of growing some myself.

In one tray, ' half and half ' with the curry all over the top. On occasion one seen people ask for curry at the bottom of the dish as well.

You usually get asked if you want the sausage separate or on top.

Might have to start visiting the chip shop after ordering a couple of curries next time. Haha.

The curry rice chips and sausage sounds like an English version of Poutine. It's a Canadian dish that is excellent. Fries (or chips for you blimeys) covered in brown gravy and cheese curds. Meat can be added as well. It's delicious.

Fries are not chips, particularly not chip shop chips. Chips from the chippy cannot be beaten, especially if you eat them out of the paper.

I'm going to have to go the chippy soon.