Referendum  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-50213548

i wish I could embed a Groundhog Day gif whilst on my phone. 

"This House can no longer keep this country hostage," he told MPs, saying Parliament had become "dysfunctional".

But the PM said he would persist with his efforts to get an early election, telling MPs that "one way or another" the current deadlock had to be broken.

From the man who was one of the prime movers in helping create the deadlock earlier in the year. 

For you Matt...

Image result for groundhog day gif

I think the GE is a mistake for the Tories. Ultimately Labour and Lib Dems can lose but still win and form a Govt.  

Tories have no partners in Parliament now that they stabbed the DUP in the back. There are going to be lots of independents and smaller parties winning seats than normal (in my opinion) and the Lib Dems are likely to perform very well given their very clear stance on Brexit. They may even take my vote depending on their other policies. 

Whilst the polls are in their favour, I just can't see Johnson convincing enough people to vote for him given that he is a duplicitous twat and the front benches are full of similar sorts. 

On 04/11/2019 at 07:32, TallPaul1878 said:

That'd be the cabinet members and shadow cabinet members.

Disagree completely, quite the opposite unless the front benchers were forced in to speaking; it was Dominic Grieve, Hillary Benn, Jess Phillips, Kenneth Clarke, Jo Swinson and Ian Black to name a few off the top of my head. The front benches were largely empty or mute most of the time and Rees-Mogg even had a lie down at one point he was so bored.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Key point he makes about Scum readers being treated as if they're thick as pig shit by brexit influences whereas remain used facts. 

My dad many years ago (talking 40 odd) used to know the guy who was the chief racing columnist for them and he said it was editorial policy across the "paper" for their writers to write assuming their buyers had the reading skills of a twelve year old. I'm sure they've amended that policy over the years, it's probably closer to six year olds now, and that's being harsh on many a six year old.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished reading that 68000 Polish have left this country in the last year, due to the possibility of us leaving the EU a majority of skilled workers now working in Germany, who’s productivity and growth are benefiting by being able to attract the most skilled workers in Europe, whilst we are languishing due to the threat of Brexit. 
And Boris proclaims we will be stronger on our own, the speech was miss written it should have read struggling on our own. 

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Just finished reading that 68000 Polish have left this country in the last year, due to the possibility of us leaving the EU a majority of skilled workers now working in Germany, who’s productivity and growth are benefiting by being able to attract the most skilled workers in Europe, whilst we are languishing due to the threat of Brexit. 
And Boris proclaims we will be stronger on our own, the speech was miss written it should have read struggling on our own. 

That and the cost of living over here being that high that the net income just isn't worth it. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Palfy said:

The Sex Pistols went to court and won when they were told they couldn’t promote their never mind the bollocks LP in public. 
They proved that bollocks was not an offensive word. 

You're not wrong!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_Mind_the_Bollocks,_Here's_the_Sex_Pistols#Title,_packaging_and_obscenity_case

Chairman of the magistrates (no doubt through gritted teeth)...

"Much as my colleagues and I wholeheartedly deplore the vulgar exploitation of the worst instincts of human nature for the purchases of commercial profits by both you and your company, we must reluctantly find you not guilty of each of the four charges."