Brexit...

Hafnia

Referendum  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

This poll is closed to new votes

Blair is the most detested politician since the second world war, even more than Maggie. Remainers must be dismayed that he is in their camp. Like everything he touches he has a vested interest. With Juncker within shouting distance of retirement, Blair sees an opportunity to succeed him. An ambition he has held for a long time but only if we are still in the EU.

This for me.

Full speech by Blair:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/tony-blair-full-speech-on-blocking-brexit-article-50-eu-second-referendum-2017-2

It's not gospel, but he makes some very interesting and true points.

Ian brady and Peter Sutcliffe probably make interesting and true points about certain things. Difference is they have less blood on their hands and are locked up.

This piece of shit is stood on front of the world talking about misinformation?!

I hate this man with a passion. Gary Lineker can fuck off too for that matter - singing his praises.

regardless of who he is or what he did, his speech was the most sensible opposition to Mays version of brexit since June 23rd.. together with Ken Clarkes speech in the house of commons.

he didnt make his speech to become commission president, that's just absurd. his ambition in the past has been to become president of the European council (tusk), but that position was never going to go to someone from a country that was only half in the EU.

anyway, imo, it would be a shame to disregard what he said because of who he was (is). I think he added something valuable to the debate. willing to debate substance

regardless of who he is or what he did, his speech was the most sensible opposition to Mays version of brexit since June 23rd.. together with Ken Clarkes speech in the house of commons.

he didnt make his speech to become commission president, that's just absurd. his ambition in the past has been to become president of the European council (tusk), but that position was never going to go to someone from a country that was only half in the EU.

anyway, imo, it would be a shame to disregard what he said because of who he was (is). I think he added something valuable to the debate. willing to debate substance

But nothing should be regardless of what he did... he has the blood of thousands on his hands.

He could make the best point in the world about brexit.... but it really doesn't matter because he's an absolute CUNT who despite being an evil, greedy, immoral, lying prick has again found himself talking to the world about something which is a vested interest for himself.

Edited by Hafnia

Coincidence then? You believe that if you want to.

It's a prime example of police stats, not journalistic opinion; and there's a huge amount of anecdotal evidence to back it up.

There is a lot of other things going on in the world and in this country that all add to this increase in hate crimes. I can imagine that the Brexit fallout has had an effect, but the increased threat of terrorism around the world and in this country will also have an effect. The Nice attack happened around this time, as did the Berlin attack. A balanced report would consider influences like that as well and that is the point I am trying to make.

Without knowing who has done what you can't make any accurate inferences and reports like that just want to make the impression that it's just Brexiters causing the trouble.

There is a lot of other things going on in the world and in this country that all add to this increase in hate crimes. I can imagine that the Brexit fallout has had an effect, but the increased threat of terrorism around the world and in this country will also have an effect. The Nice attack happened around this time, as did the Berlin attack. A balanced report would consider influences like that as well and that is the point I am trying to make.

Without knowing who has done what you can't make any accurate inferences and reports like that just want to make the impression that it's just Brexiters causing the trouble.

So why the "hate" of the Polish? Not heard of any Polish terrorists personally.

The article for me was just a piece reporting home office figures, I can see no bit of it when it suggests who's causing the trouble.

Would a "balanced" report say, "OK so attacks were up but look at what the these nasty foreigners did in Nice and Berlin so it's hardly surprising is it?"?

I hate racists and xenophobes more than I hate Blair. He tried to please too many people (including himself). As for the latter years it went to pot, but would any politician other than Corbyn have told the US where to go?

I'd rather we tried to make everyone better off. Whereas it seems the majority would rather stop people being as well off as themselves.

It's too big a decision to have been made without a real debate. No facts, all lies - from both sides.

That will never happen nor has it Matt, we are talking about politicians here the two words don't coexist

The big spin on the NHS was a false dawn but what of it if we had remained? Would the government have re cut the waiting times in emergency rooms? Invested the £8bn it had promised but failed to do so prior to the vote? Met its insanely low budget targets that had a massive negative impact on its running? Re introduced the pension scheme that has been snatched from workers prior to a set date? Slashed agency staff workers who are paid more than actual trust workers?

The list of shite the previous regime did to the NHS and wanted to do shouldn't be glossed over because of a false campaign ploy, the fact is experts had stated the NHS along with many other huge national interests were crumbling failures from mismanagement and piss poor political choices

Edited by EFC-Paul

So why the "hate" of the Polish? Not heard of any Polish terrorists personally.

The article for me was just a piece reporting home office figures, I can see no bit of it when it suggests who's causing the trouble.

Would a "balanced" report say, "OK so attacks were up but look at what the these nasty foreigners did in Nice and Berlin so it's hardly surprising is it?"?

That's the point Mike, you don't know who the hate crimes are being committed against so you don't know if it's Europeans, Asians, South Americans or them damn Welshies ;)

A balanced report would give more info but it suits their headlines more to point the finger at Brexit and ask no further questions.

The influx of Polish workers was years ago and the people that moaned about it and highlighted such "stories" at the time were shit rags like the S*n who report a handful of incidents and make out its a nationwide problem rather than the isolated incidents they usually are

Plus the brain dead neanderthals that spouted about it at the time probably wouldn't get off their lazy arses to cast a vote anyway and I'd hazard a guess and say those that did were minute in numbers

Edited by EFC-Paul

That's the point Mike, you don't know who the hate crimes are being committed against so you don't know if it's Europeans, Asians, South Americans or them damn Welshies ;)

A balanced report would give more info but it suits their headlines more to point the finger at Brexit and ask no further questions.

Think you're being (deliberately or otherwise) naïve. You don't need to be a genius to know who the crimes are being committed against or to know what sort of person carries them out.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a tory, and I can not foresee any reason that I ever will do. BUT Mrs T May does her job the best she can.

She was a remain voter but she is putting her people (us) first.

OK she has to make the effort so she can be PM, but she is the best person we could have for the job.

I disagree, Rubes.

You're right, she is a Remainer and she was actually quite opinionated on this. Read some of her speeches before the referendum about how "it's clearly in the national intrest to remain in the European Union".

I think the UK would have been much better of if someone from Leave had become PM. Even someone like David Davis who really believes in quitting the EU and has had, for a very long time, a vision of what life outside the EU should look like.

The fact that May has to implement something she personally doesn't believe in, makes her completely clueless because she always has to ask herself the question "OK what would a Leaver do in this situation". Makes for very incoherent policy, as the last few months have shown.

I actually think this thread has been really quite good.. especially when compared to other places online where they "debate" brexit.

I agree. For the most part it's been very engaging (though I should apologise for getting sensitive at certain times)

The sad thing is, there is more debate, evidence and counter argument in this thread that ever took place between either Leave or Remain, before and since the result too...