Referendum  

50 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

Theresa May tonight...

"No government could give a blank cheque to commit to an outcome without knowing what it is."

That's exactly what she's been trying to do for months, the hypocrisy in this debacle is never ending.

leave or remain we all agree that mrs mat has fucked  up the brexit talks.   but I can not reverse my decision  anyone here changed their minds?

I would feel hypocritical to change my mind now  but I still think   am right

although I know others may feel the  same

28 minutes ago, rubecula said:

leave or remain we all agree that mrs mat has fucked  up the brexit talks.   but I can not reverse my decision  anyone here changed their minds?

Hoping that’s a typo, unless my wife has had a body change! 

I don’t think, I know I’m right 😛 

1 hour ago, rubecula said:

I wouldn’t say it was hypocritical more a case of you’ve seen the error of your ways 😉, to be honest if there was a re-run of the referendum I don’t think the turn out would be as high, the remainers would come out in force and the Brexiteers who now have a doubt will abstain from the vote for pretty much the same reasons you mentioned. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I wouldn’t say it was hypocritical more a case of you’ve seen the error of your ways 😉, to be honest if there was a re-run of the referendum I don’t think the turn out would be as high, the remainers would come out in force and the Brexiteers who now have a doubt will abstain from the vote for pretty much the same reasons you mentioned. 

It's a bit like the passengers on the Titanic having a vote and the majority saying they'd quite like to have a closer look at that iceberg in the distance; captain changes course and goes full steam ahead crying, "the people have spoken!".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47693645

Captured.JPG

Captures.JPG

Capture.JPG

I don’t wish I had voted the other way, but if there was another one I would vote the other way to just avoid more of this mess. 

As I’ve said previously, I thought this was an opportunity but it has been squandered. I know many will disagree with it being an opportunity, and that’s fine, but I don’t think we’ll ever know what could have been.  

I’ll probably never trust a government to implement change again.

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

It's a bit like the passengers on the Titanic having a vote and the majority saying they'd quite like to have a closer look at that iceberg in the distance; captain changes course and goes full steam ahead crying, "the people have spoken!".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47693645

Captured.JPG

Captures.JPG

Capture.JPG

BBC eh Mike.

The graph on the in/out vote looks an identical reversal of the referendum vote.  If the 'proper' referendum was undemocratic, why would a second one be democratic?  Typical EU 'democracy', keep voting until the EU wins.

1 minute ago, johnh said:

BBC eh Mike.

The graph on the in/out vote looks an identical reversal of the referendum vote.  If the 'proper' referendum was undemocratic, why would a second one be democratic?  Typical EU 'democracy', keep voting until the EU wins.

BBC reporting outside sources, nothing to do with them editorially.

And "keep voting until the EU wins"? How about keep voting until May wins? How can you possibly defend that? It's a far more blatant disregard of democracy.

11 hours ago, MikeO said:

BBC reporting outside sources, nothing to do with them editorially.

And "keep voting until the EU wins"? How about keep voting until May wins? How can you possibly defend that? It's a far more blatant disregard of democracy.

"more" blatant?  don't tell me you give any belief to this claim that the EU can somehow force a member state to vote one way or another on anything.

The only vote the EU will force on the UK is to send members to the EU Parliament, which can hardly be described as a 'disregard of democracy', rather the opposite.

54 minutes ago, holystove said:

"more" blatant?  don't tell me you give any belief to this claim that the EU can somehow force a member state to vote one way or another on anything.

The only vote the EU will force on the UK is to send members to the EU Parliament, which can hardly be described as a 'disregard of democracy', rather the opposite.

More blatant that May is disregarding democracy 

4 hours ago, holystove said:

There have been several member states who have had multiple referendums which, eventually, end up with a vote in favour of the EU.  It is somewhat naive to think that the EU have no influence.

1 hour ago, johnh said:

There have been several member states who have had multiple referendums which, eventually, end up with a vote in favour of the EU.  It is somewhat naive to think that the EU have no influence.

Or maybe the people in the other countries prefer to be part of a union than try and go it alone... 

2 hours ago, johnh said:

"Since 1972, a total of 48 referendums have been held by EU member states, candidate states, and their territories, with several additional referendums held in countries outside of the EU. The referendums have been held most commonly on the subject of whether to become a member of European Union as part of the accession process, although the EU does not require any candidate country to hold a referendum to approve membership or as part of treaty ratification. Other EU-related referendums have been held on the adoption of the euro and on participation in other EU-related policies.

The United Kingdom is the only EU member state to have held referendums on continued membership of the European Union and its antecedent organisation, the European Communities."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referendums_related_to_the_European_Union

11 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Theresa May standing down once deal done.

Seems to be a running theme; propose a massive change without any real plan, then run away

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Theresa May standing down once deal done.

She is using the fact that she is hated that much by her own party as a bribe to get her own way to get her deal through, is that how politics should be conducted if so then we are completely fucked. 

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

She is using the fact that she is hated that much by her own party as a bribe to get her own way to get her deal through, is that how politics should be conducted if so then we are completely fucked. 

at least you don't have trump

Apparently, after the 8 options were reviews “"The highest number of votes cast in the House of Commons (on Wednesday) was for the People's Vote option."”

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Apparently, after the 8 options were reviews “"The highest number of votes cast in the House of Commons (on Wednesday) was for the People's Vote option."”

Mays deal will be kicked out for the third time and the people’s vote option will be resubmitted in a week or so, and will stand more chance of it going through at the second attempt. 

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Mays deal will be kicked out for the third time and the people’s vote option will be resubmitted in a week or so, and will stand more chance of it going through at the second attempt. 

They’ve split it in two so that it’s not the “same deal”. The amount of politicians changing the minds every day is making a further mockery of the whole thing. It’s almost impressive 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

If just 14 MPs had voted differently it would have had a majority.

But it wasn't legally binding so no way would it have happened.....but wait a minute, the referendum wasn't legally binding either. My head is going to explode.

On 27/03/2019 at 18:11, Palfy said:

It still won’t go through and she will still resign, and MPs will pass an amendment for another referendum. 

Wish I shared your confidence.

Just now, MikeO said:

Wish I shared your confidence.

I really think this will be the outcome, more and more MPs believe that the country have swung in favour of staying and like them the people should have a final opportunity to change their vote, after all the MPs are getting a chance to change their opinions on a regular basis. 

Keep faith Mike it will happen sooner than later 

On 29/03/2019 at 22:06, Matt said:

Is it? Is it really?

Peoples vote march was in the hundreds of thousands, the Pro Brexit was in the tens of thousands, at most.

Big difference in atmosphere tho, any side that has Stephen Yaxley taking to the stage is morally bankrupt.

9 hours ago, London Blue said:

Peoples vote march was in the hundreds of thousands, the Pro Brexit was in the tens of thousands, at most.

Big difference in atmosphere tho, any side that has Stephen Yaxley taking to the stage is morally bankrupt.

Oh I know, I was responding to the “surprise” of the bbc messing up 

Glad to be across the border in the land of the sane:P.

This comment on a BBC article made me laugh...

'JRMogg sent out a Tweet this morning,
"If a long extension leaves us stuck in the EU we should be as difficult as possible. We could veto any increase in the budget, obstruct the putative EU army and block Mr Macron’s integrationist schemes."

This is hilarious, so stupid its funny, it is an admission that we do have control over the direction of the EU and that we always did have.
Imbecile.'

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Glad to be across the border in the land of the sane:P.

This comment on a BBC article made me laugh...

'JRMogg sent out a Tweet this morning,
"If a long extension leaves us stuck in the EU we should be as difficult as possible. We could veto any increase in the budget, obstruct the putative EU army and block Mr Macron’s integrationist schemes."

This is hilarious, so stupid its funny, it is an admission that we do have control over the direction of the EU and that we always did have.
Imbecile.'

You’re surprised?

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

You’re surprised?

I'm surprised that he didn't think through the meaning of the tweet; also very pleased to see that the comment currently has 1493 up votes against 638 down so the public seem to be catching on. And before John leaps in to describe the BBC as deeply left wing the comments section (which is from people, not from a news organisation, and certainly not from one pushing their own agenda like many) has gone from being very pro-Brexit to being very sceptic in a very short space of time.

The wheels on the bus are falling off, hopefully leading to the bus being a write-off.

It seems we are making ready for the elections of our MEPs if we do have elections wouldn’t it be poetic justice if none of the UKIP members got voted in, also if Farage doesn’t win a seat it would be hilarious after standing up in the European Parliament and saying give us a no deal or have me back here or words to that extent. 

The road to remain is getting closer, and like I’ve said Macron will do as he is told. 

Now I know people don’t like gloating and neither do I but I have to say when I was saying this is what would happen sometime ago people jumped all over me backing Holystove because he couldn’t possibly be wrong with his EU legal credentials. 

Listen to the working class there a lot wiser than given credit for. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

The road to remain is getting closer, and like I’ve said Macron will do as he is told. 

Now I know people don’t like gloating and neither do I but I have to say when I was saying this is what would happen sometime ago people jumped all over me backing Holystove because he couldn’t possibly be wrong with his EU legal credentials. 

Listen to the working class there a lot wiser than given credit for. 

I just said I can see the sense in Macrons position.  Now the UK gets another six months to decide whether to ratify the deal or revoke.. 

Telegraph defence for a Johnson piece, the favourite to be our next PM, is he's a complete buffoon (we knew that already).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47913555

Well I guess America elected one so we could just follow suit, difference being that Johnson is an intelligent, educated buffoon who is just looking out for himself and being manipulative while Trump is is a thick version who has people doing his manipulation for him so he can play golf.