Referendum  

50 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

Have to get a postal vote for the Euro elections as I'll have Brexited the previous day and Grentered. Have six MEP's in the SW to elect and I have the wonderful option of voting for Ann Widdicombe (Brexit Party), any rumours of hell freezing over? Also the only sane member of the Johnson clan, Rachel, is the lead Change party candidate; she might well get a x from me.

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Have to get a postal vote for the Euro elections as I'll have Brexited the previous day and Grentered. Have six MEP's in the SW to elect and I have the wonderful option of voting for Ann Widdicombe (Brexit Party), any rumours of hell freezing over? Also the only sane member of the Johnson clan, Rachel, is the lead Change party candidate; she might well get a x from me.

Didn’t they just release an online option?

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Didn’t they just release an online option?

Not that I can see. Only got my polling card last Wednesday and there was no mention of that as an option, just postal or proxy.

I’m going to vote for a Lib Dem candidate in the hope they romp it and the two big parties realise they need to have a second referendum or they are history. 

Theres nothing wrong in having hope no matter how unattainable it is, because in the world of Palfy I will never accept the first referendum for me it is massively flawed, and if there was a second and leave won I would except it knowing I will be leaving this waste land sooner than anticipated. 

Looking at the front pages of the Tory press in a shop earlier and I love how they're spinning the "people want them to get on with it" line. If the people wanted them to get on with it they'd have voted UKIP surely? That's the logical way to tell them they want it done. So what happened to UKIP? They went from 176 councillors to 31.

So who did they vote for then? Liberal Democrats went from 647 to 1351 and Greens went from 71 to 265 and what do those two parties have in common? They want to remain. Independents went from 517 to 1179 as well but these tend to be people campaigning on local issues though I'm sure plenty of them got votes from traditional reds/blues who do want out but aren't bigoted enough to vote for UKIP.

Still, nearly 900 extra councillors for pro-remain parties; that would suggest to me that a significant number of people want them to stop it, not get on with it.

34 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Looking at the front pages of the Tory press in a shop earlier and I love how they're spinning the "people want them to get on with it" line. If the people wanted them to get on with it they'd have voted UKIP surely? That's the logical way to tell them they want it done. So what happened to UKIP? They went from 176 councillors to 31.

So who did they vote for then? Liberal Democrats went from 647 to 1351 and Greens went from 71 to 265 and what do those two parties have in common? They want to remain. Independents went from 517 to 1179 as well but these tend to be people campaigning on local issues though I'm sure plenty of them got votes from traditional reds/blues who do want out but aren't bigoted enough to vote for UKIP.

Still, nearly 900 extra councillors for pro-remain parties; that would suggest to me that a significant number of people want them to stop it, not get on with it.

I would call that pretty conclusive but I don’t hold Tory unrealism. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Got my postal vote for the Euro elections today (abroad on election day) and got that done:)

I’m not even allowed to vote in these despite living and working in Europe for 10 years :( 

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

bit harsh on matt, i've always enjoyed him on the forum

Yeah but he shouldn't get a vote in the MOTM threads because he lives in Switzerland. Right?

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Yeah but he shouldn't get a vote in the MOTM threads because he lives in Switzerland. Right?

every photo i've seen of him in real life he's wearing some sort of everton clothing.  got a flag across his apartment window too.  he's a walking bilboard, therefore he gets special dispensation to vote in the MOTM threads.  i agree with your point on brexit, even the US allows citizens living abroad to vote, you mail in a ballot now that i think of it.  and we are philistines compared to you civilized folk across the pond.

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

every photo i've seen of him in real life he's wearing some sort of everton clothing. 

My wife moans about me doing that endlessly, packing for four weeks away at the moment and she's desperate to get me more non-EFC stuff. In fairness I got a T shirt with "Isle of Skye" on it when we were up there (American college style design which has taken over the world) and I have a new F1 shirt as well. Funny enough I'm taking out an EFC shirt to one of my best mates in Greece (runs our favourite bar/restaurant) not because he's an Everton fan but because he's obsessed with Angry Birds and asked me for one:lol:.  I'll post a pic if I can get one.

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

Don’t like it. He’s a cunt, but I still don’t like it 

I do, just a shame it wasn't something heavier hitting him in the temple and resetting his brain to sane mode.

I’ve got to be honest, I don’t even know what tomorrow’s vote is for or what it’s about. 

All the junk that came through my letterbox has gone in the bin. I’m sick of all of it. 

I’ll listen to any advice or information though. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I’ve got to be honest, I don’t even know what tomorrow’s vote is for or what it’s about. 

All the junk that came through my letterbox has gone in the bin. I’m sick of all of it. 

Buy a milkshake and drink it. 

10 hours ago, StevO said:

It’s for your voice in the EU. What kind of voice / person do you want speaking for you? 

10 hours ago, StevO said:

If you want to leave the EU with a deal as soon as possible : vote conservative

If you want to leave the EU but stay in all the economic partnerships (without a say) : vote labour

If you want to stop brexit : vote LibDem, Green, PC, SNP or CHUK

If you think your country needs a very hard reset with years of (economic, political, ..) turmoil : vote brexit party

If you are a white supremacist : vote UKIP   (I am not saying 2014 UKIP was this extreme, but 2019 UKIP definitely is)

That's how I see it at least.

I think Marks advice was best. 

I’m all for a general election, think it’s vital now to be honest, but the European election I’ll stay away from. There isn’t a single one of them that I trust, when it’s ok for Tommy Robinson to send flyers it’s time for me to switch off. 

Very surprised by that Steve. A large part of the shitshow that we’re in, which has brought the forth the need for a third GE in 3-4 years, is precisely because people “stayed away” from EU part. It’s an external influence and will continue to be regardless of whichever Brexit we get. 

Also, when that twat/those twats is/are on flyers, it’s time more than ever to speak up and send a message to the hate filled thundercunts. 

The Missus and I have just voted Lib Dem probably the 1st time we have agreed politically, we both want the people to have the final say not the politicians especially the Conservatives who have completely fucked us all over by starting this process in the first place. 

She has been a ardent Conservative all her voting life but swears she will never vote that way again, and least some good has come out of this. 

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Very surprised by that Steve. A large part of the shitshow that we’re in, which has brought the forth the need for a third GE in 3-4 years, is precisely because people “stayed away” from EU part. It’s an external influence and will continue to be regardless of whichever Brexit we get. 

Also, when that twat/those twats is/are on flyers, it’s time more than ever to speak up and send a message to the hate filled thundercunts. 

My issue with it Matt is I’ve lost trust in all parties, so I don’t want to give any of them my backing. 

I don’t feel any of them have got my best interest, each one of them is just pushing their own agenda. If anyone out there made enough of an impression to get my vote I’d be there, but all of them have lost my trust in recent times. 

At different times in my life I’ve voted for our three major parties, and been let down by all of them. 

In a time when the EU is a major concern there hasn’t been anywhere near enough clear information out there from what each party intends. There are the two idiots who shout the loudest and would never get my vote, but the rest I can’t trust. Even more so after the Brexit debacle. 

To add a bit more honesty to this, politics is often a talking point between myself and the missus, as well as with my parents and sister. There hasn’t been one single debate around the EU election. 

I respect everyone’s right to vote, but I still take the decision not to in this instance. 

Frustration part I completely agree with, it’s why I didn’t vote when I had the chance 15 years ago. But there’s never going to be a perfect party for an individual, so for me it’s a process of elimination. Abstaining, from my experience, is the worst thing to do however because then you truly have no say in any matter.