Brexit...

Hafnia

Referendum  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

This poll is closed to new votes

Incidentally, while the EU were playing silly beggars and spouting poison at May, they were also introducing the latest round of austerity for Greece. This is the same EU who have decided that they are not going to penalise Germany for exceeding EU guidelines on Current Account surplus by more than 40%. Making the rich richer, PeteO, and the poor poorer, the EU are experts at it

Incidentally, while the EU were playing silly beggars and spouting poison at May, they were also introducing the latest round of austerity for Greece. This is the same EU who have decided that they are not going to penalise Germany for exceeding EU guidelines on Current Account surplus by more than 40%. Making the rich richer, PeteO, and the poor poorer, the EU are experts at it

Funny enough we are the next worse country (after Greece) for making the rich rich and poor poorer. And that has nothing to do with the EU, if anything the EU has slowed down our push for complete austerity.

So how is Corbyn not a choice compared to May?

https://m.facebook.com/UnityMarchUK/photos/a.989592134455649.1073741828.987436641337865/1350445985036927/?type=3&source=48

Funny enough we are the next worse country (after Greece) for making the rich rich and poor poorer. And that has nothing to do with the EU, if anything the EU has slowed down our push for complete austerity.

So how is Corbyn not a choice compared to May?

https://m.facebook.com/UnityMarchUK/photos/a.989592134455649.1073741828.987436641337865/1350445985036927/?type=3&source=48

Pete, its not just Corbyn v May. It is which party is capable of forming a government which is capable of running the country. Labour are not competent at the moment. Diane Abbot as Home Secretary sums it up.

Please explain how the EU has slowed down a push for complete austerity. I was never aware of a push for complete austerity.

Edited by johnh

Pete, its not just Corbyn v May. It is which party is capable of forming a government which is capable of running the country. Labour are not competent at the moment. Diane Abbot as Home Secretary sums it up.

Please explain how the EU has slowed down a push for complete austerity. I was never aware of a push for complete austerity.

One incompetent person, doesn't justify voting for rulers who hid paedophiles and covered up Hillsborough, and are now doing their best to destroy the country's people.

They put money in to projects in City's outside of London, Manchester, and Birmingham. Liverpool would be derelict without the EUs help.

If i had a quid for every time you deflected from an argument rather than answered it. I could the fund the NHS by 350 million a week :P

Chach, I didn't see a question mark in Matt's post. I think he was making a statement not asking a question.

A question for Holystove. In a previous post, you said that Germany had no special powers in the EU and were just one of 27 nations. You state above, that after the London meeting, Juncker phoned Merkel at 7.30 am the day after the dinner. Presumably, he spent the whole morning on the phone speaking to the heads of government of the other 26 members. My guess is that he did not, he only contacted his boss (oops, sorry) Merkel. My question is this: If Germany have no special powers, why did he decide to phone only Merkel?

From a EU-constitutional-law point of view, Germany is just one of 27. Procedurally, Germany, althought the biggest EU-member state, can be blocked on any issue.

Why did Juncker phone Merkel? I don't know.. I assume he has a great relationship with her as they have been working together for decades now, in the same political group .. Did he call any other MS27-leader?

Maybe he hoped May would be more inclined to listen to Merkel than to him?

Merkel is an impressive political leader who believes in a strong EU. She seems like a natural ally of Juncker. I am quite certain that from now on Macron will be one of the first people he calls on politically sensitive issues.

The real question is, could they have decided something in that phone call that would have an effect on all member-states.. easy answer: no.

Imagine the good fortune to have not one but two of his pieces painted on your property.

I watched a daytime episode of a tv show where four auctioneers value something and make an offer, someone bought in a banksy piece for £30k, they literally cut out a segment of a brick wall about 3 metres wide by 2 high to bring in to the show for a valuation. They turned down an offer of £240k.

bXHTrdW.jpg

Imagine the good fortune to have not one but two of his pieces painted on your property.

I watched a daytime episode of a tv show where four auctioneers value something and make an offer, someone bought in a banksy piece for £30k, they literally cut out a segment of a brick wall about 3 metres wide by 2 high to bring in to the show for a valuation. They turned down an offer of £240k.

This was brilliant also...

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2013/oct/14/banksy-sells-original-paintings-new-york-booth

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2017/05/the-art-of-negotiation/

This, by a former UK senior diplomat. We can only hope it's Davis who does the negotiating (who isn't much better, but at least seems an intelligent person).

I think Keir Starmer is the one that could get the best deal for the UK and EU... don't think he'll be at the table though.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't agree either, the Lib Dems were the only main anti Brexit party and they didn't do much, still well down on the Clegg election.

Bit sad to see Clegg go actually. Made a mistake trying to get his party in power and has never recovered from it.

If they hadn't joined when they were given the olive branch from the tories, I genuinely believe they'd have made the following election a 3 horse race. They tarnished their reputation and like you said. have suffered massively from it.

If they hadn't joined when they were given the olive branch from the tories, I genuinely believe they'd have made the following election a 3 horse race. They tarnished their reputation and like you said. have suffered massively from it.

Which is why I wasn't sad to see Clegg get booted out on his arse. He got exactly what he deserved.