Referendum  

50 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Think LibDems are geeing up to prop the tory party up again. Very strange tactics they've got atm,they don't seem to be very Liberal or Democratic at all.

Don't see them taking that route again, it nearly destroyed them the last time and their remain position will be the polar opposite of the "new" Tories, who will all be "out" lemmings rather than the previous incarnations of the party who were allowed to think for themselves.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Don't see them taking that route again, it nearly destroyed them the last time and their remain position will be the polar opposite of the "new" Tories, who will all be "out" lemmings rather than the previous incarnations of the party who were allowed to think for themselves.

They're ran by a remain tory. They get to bargain for remain in return to voting all other things tory, win win for the secret blue ties hiding there. 

For me I just don't see why the LibDems have let them take control of their party. Other than remain I don't see any policies that align. 

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

They're ran by a remain tory. They get to bargain for remain in return to voting all other things tory, win win for the secret blue ties hiding there. 

For me I just don't see why the LibDems have let them take control of their party. Other than remain I don't see any policies that align. 

Completely get the scepticism but if they can force some sanity into the in/out debate I'd vote for them strategically. Sadly I'm in a rock solid Tory seat so out of my hands (another reason why PR needs to be adopted).

Just now, MikeO said:

Completely get the scepticism but if they can force some sanity into the in/out debate I'd vote for them strategically. Sadly I'm in a rock solid Tory seat so out of my hands (another reason why PR needs to be adopted).

Who is the Tory leader that has taken over.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Same as me Mike I’ve got James Gray as my MP, what a wally he is. 

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Politically I'm probably closest to Green, then LibDems but atm I do think Corbyn is the only real option especially if he can kick out the centralists. I'd love us to adopt a similar government to the Scandinavians. People orientated rather than the exploitation crap we have disguised as capitalism. 

3 hours ago, memmaclub2 said:

Who is the Tory leader that has taken over.

Jo Swinson.

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-50213548

i wish I could embed a Groundhog Day gif whilst on my phone. 

"This House can no longer keep this country hostage," he told MPs, saying Parliament had become "dysfunctional".

But the PM said he would persist with his efforts to get an early election, telling MPs that "one way or another" the current deadlock had to be broken.

From the man who was one of the prime movers in helping create the deadlock earlier in the year. 

For you Matt...

Image result for groundhog day gif

What annoys me most about this whole debacle is that when you watch it on TV it's always the same twenty odd members that speak or raise points of order; there are 600+ (including my MP) that just sit on their hands and do as they're told.

I think the GE is a mistake for the Tories. Ultimately Labour and Lib Dems can lose but still win and form a Govt.  

Tories have no partners in Parliament now that they stabbed the DUP in the back. There are going to be lots of independents and smaller parties winning seats than normal (in my opinion) and the Lib Dems are likely to perform very well given their very clear stance on Brexit. They may even take my vote depending on their other policies. 

Whilst the polls are in their favour, I just can't see Johnson convincing enough people to vote for him given that he is a duplicitous twat and the front benches are full of similar sorts. 

On 25/10/2019 at 10:34, MikeO said:

I say it again  Mike  Brexit is all bollocks

On 28/10/2019 at 23:27, MikeO said:

What annoys me most about this whole debacle is that when you watch it on TV it's always the same twenty odd members that speak or raise points of order; there are 600+ (including my MP) that just sit on their hands and do as they're told.

That'd be the cabinet members and shadow cabinet members.

They use back benchers to raise fringe issues and gauge public opinion. Like some back bencher talking about fracking or child abuse. Stuff that doesn't really matter to them but the voters might have issues with.

Living in a safe seat is when you see your representative just sitting on their hands because they know they'll get elected by their tribal voter base and can literally do nothing for the rest of their life

On 04/11/2019 at 07:32, TallPaul1878 said:

That'd be the cabinet members and shadow cabinet members.

Disagree completely, quite the opposite unless the front benchers were forced in to speaking; it was Dominic Grieve, Hillary Benn, Jess Phillips, Kenneth Clarke, Jo Swinson and Ian Black to name a few off the top of my head. The front benches were largely empty or mute most of the time and Rees-Mogg even had a lie down at one point he was so bored.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Key point he makes about Scum readers being treated as if they're thick as pig shit by brexit influences whereas remain used facts. 

My dad many years ago (talking 40 odd) used to know the guy who was the chief racing columnist for them and he said it was editorial policy across the "paper" for their writers to write assuming their buyers had the reading skills of a twelve year old. I'm sure they've amended that policy over the years, it's probably closer to six year olds now, and that's being harsh on many a six year old.

Just finished reading that 68000 Polish have left this country in the last year, due to the possibility of us leaving the EU a majority of skilled workers now working in Germany, who’s productivity and growth are benefiting by being able to attract the most skilled workers in Europe, whilst we are languishing due to the threat of Brexit. 
And Boris proclaims we will be stronger on our own, the speech was miss written it should have read struggling on our own. 

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Just finished reading that 68000 Polish have left this country in the last year, due to the possibility of us leaving the EU a majority of skilled workers now working in Germany, who’s productivity and growth are benefiting by being able to attract the most skilled workers in Europe, whilst we are languishing due to the threat of Brexit. 
And Boris proclaims we will be stronger on our own, the speech was miss written it should have read struggling on our own. 

That and the cost of living over here being that high that the net income just isn't worth it. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

The Sex Pistols went to court and won when they were told they couldn’t promote their never mind the bollocks LP in public. 
They proved that bollocks was not an offensive word. 

You're not wrong!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_Mind_the_Bollocks,_Here's_the_Sex_Pistols#Title,_packaging_and_obscenity_case

Chairman of the magistrates (no doubt through gritted teeth)...

"Much as my colleagues and I wholeheartedly deplore the vulgar exploitation of the worst instincts of human nature for the purchases of commercial profits by both you and your company, we must reluctantly find you not guilty of each of the four charges."

Since Brexit is apparently binary, and if you’re still a believer, and don’t believe that it hasn’t evolved into something that into more than “leave means leave”, then I assume you’re in the same boat as this guy? 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Since Brexit is apparently binary, and if you’re still a believer, and don’t believe that it hasn’t evolved into something that into more than “leave means leave”, then I assume you’re in the same boat as this guy? 

Wondered what had happened to the Monster Raving Loonies, thanks for clarifying it for me Matt.