IGNORED

Euro 2016

Sorry for the late reply Mike, I've been like a zombie since coming home and I'm shattered. Bordeaux was a really nice city I must admit. The people there were very welcoming and it was really nice to see Welsh, Slovakian and French people mixing and having a good time. There was a great moment on Saturday in one of the side streets alleyway where you had Welsh fans singing our anthem before the French replying with theirs and everyone joining in. It's what a tournament like this should be all be about I think - mixing with other nations and just enjoying watching your country play. Unfortunately, every country had idiots and they tend to steal all the headlines naturally. Ha, thanks for the offer... next time!! To be honest with you apart from the 4 mile walk back from the stadium on match day I barely saw much of the sights as I was either too excited to notice or pissed!!

Just talked to my brother; said he saw a big crowd of you lot outside Sweeny Todd's and a bloke had climbed on the back of a low loader and was conducting the singing, also echoed what you said about a great atmosphere between you, the Slovaks and the locals. Said at one point four lads in Irish shirts walked past and there was a bit of banter before you lot started singing, "We hate England more than you!" :lol:.

That's the way it should be.

hes missed so many headers, miscontrolled so many of the balls, waltzed around everywhere. If that was "you know who", the site would be in meltdown

I just think Giroud is a poor player. He's OK as a rotation player but nothing more and certainly shouldn't be at a top club like Arsenal.

I can't believe people actually want him at Everton. People criticised Lukaku for having droughts in front of goal but this fella went four months without at a goal at Arsenal ffs.

I just think Giroud is a poor player. He's OK as a rotation player but nothing more and certainly shouldn't be at a top club like Arsenal.

I can't believe people actually want him at Everton. People criticised Lukaku for having droughts in front of goal but this fella went four months without at a goal at Arsenal ffs.

hes a squadie, not a first choice striker. The only reason Wenger hasn't replaced him is because he's been too cheap to do so.

More violence this evening. No mention of English fans in the British press, but most other sources confirm that it's English and Russian fans at it again. If the following article can be believed, English and Russian fans ganged up against locals in Marseilles. I'd say there's a very real possibility that UEFA will disqualify both teams.

https://www.rt.com/uk/346797-russian-ultras-england-hooligans/

More violence this evening. No mention of English fans in the British press, but most other sources confirm that it's English and Russian fans at it again. If the following article can be believed, English and Russian fans ganged up against locals in Marseilles. I'd say there's a very real possibility that UEFA will disqualify both teams.

https://www.rt.com/uk/346797-russian-ultras-england-hooligans/

Just give them a stadium to fight in and let them all beat the shit out of each other. Whoever wins gets sent to Siberia.

hes missed so many headers, miscontrolled so many of the balls, waltzed around everywhere. If that was "you know who", the site would be in meltdown

Head like a 50 pence piece again just now. He's not the only striker to have had a poor start to the tournament though, with Lukaku, Kane and many others being as bad/ worse. End of season effect perhaps - not so much for Rom and Giroud as Kane; those pair have been off since ~ March. Kane only more recently since Spurs meltdown against Chelsea.

Head like a 50 pence piece again just now. He's not the only striker to have had a poor start to the tournament though, with Lukaku, Kane and many others being as bad/ worse. End of season effect perhaps - not so much for Rom and Giroud as Kane; those pair have been off since ~ March. Kane only more recently since Spurs meltdown against Chelsea.

That match is one of the highlights of the season for me. It was beautiful viewing.

consideribg he's missing everything, I don't see your logic. He should have 5+ goals with the chances we've had

Great by Payet again

You think so? No clear cut chances. The header was desperately unlucky. He had to find corner and was inches away for. 16 yards. Two glancing headed chances... they arent gimmes.

You think so? No clear cut chances. The header was desperately unlucky. He had to find corner and was inches away for. 16 yards. Two glancing headed chances... they arent gimmes.

last game he missed two, unopposed headers on he 6 yard line.

Let's acknowaledge for a moment how incredibly boring the Euros have been so far... or is it just me?

I wouldn't say boring but nothing very exciting so far

I think a fair few of the "lesser" nations have surprised a few and played much better than expected making the games tighter and with less goals

Hopefully things perk up a bit starting with us pasting Wales :) I hope....

England XI:
Hart
Walker Smalling Cahill Rose
Dier
Lallana Rooney Alli Sterling
Kane
Wales XI: Hennessey, Chester, Ashley Williams, Davies, Gunter, Allen, Ledley, Ramsey, Taylor, Bale, Robson-Kanu

from the BBC

edit: my guess at the England formation

Edited by Matt