IGNORED

Euro 2016

I think the first games were cagey as it was vital to get the win. Winning your first game basically means you qualify on day 1. Now that teams have the certainty of qualification I think they will start coming into form like Spain did.

And the teams that didn't win their first game now have to play more attacking football.

More press reporting that De Bruyne will be benched in favor of carrasco or mertens .. If Wilmots does that and doesn't win, he will be out of a job real soon.

Just got back from a week in France. Bordeaux was fantastic, went to the Wales-Slovakia game, one of my best footballing experiences. Great city too. Ended up not travelling to Lens/Lille, not worth the risk travelling with pregnant fiance, too many dickheads (although sounds like England-Wales went peacefully). Watched a couple of games in Eiffel Tower fan park instead - France v Albania was a good experience, although security was insane (2hour queues!), then England-Wales in the rain.

Can't say I've been overly impressed by the quality so far. Bit torn by this Iceland-Hungary game, really enjoyed Hungary beating Austria and was rooting for them, but can't begrudge Iceland either!

Meunier, the right-back is the only player from the Belgian competition and he's actually from my home team who are now champions.

He played wonderfully, gave the assist for the second goal and launched Hazard for the third goal. Damn, not bad for who's by far the lowest profile player on the pitch. The Daily Mail is such a fucking joke for calling Kevin De Bruyne MOTM. Hazard, Witsel, Dembele, Vermaelen, Meunier, Lukaku, Mertens.... basically everyone else was better. De Bruyne needs some training on his passing before he can lay claim on an MOTM performance.

Edited by Mirallas

Embolo looks awful...

Didn't play well did he? Having said that it's been that sort of tournament so far. No one has really stood out due to every team playing fairly defensively. Hopefully it will liven up in the last 16 as I can't really say I've enjoyed watching any match (apart from the Wales vs Slovakia game).

Edited by Geth

England won't score if they play till midnight. Henderson hits the first defender with every corner kick he takes. Sturridge is anonymous.

Wilshire is getting a lot of ball but not doing anything with it. Clyne is England's best player.