IGNORED

Euro 2016

England won possession from a Ukraine attack. Ukraine had five men in the England penalty area. England needed to break fast as they were short at the back. England proceeded to pass it around mid-field until Ukraine got all their men back behind the ball. That's why we won't score.

England won possession from a Ukraine attack. Ukraine had five men in the England penalty area. England needed to break fast as they were short at the back. England proceeded to pass it around mid-field until Ukraine got all their men back behind the ball. That's why we won't score.

England is playing Slovakia not Ukraine.

To say we have had about 70% possession we have only had about 4 attempts on goal.

I think the stats just said that it was only one attempt actually on target.

Henderson was poor I thought, and his last contribution when everyone was stood inside the Slovak box with 10 seconds left was a backpass. Sums England's creativity and urgency up.

A half decent team will put them out of their misery in the first knock out round.

We have no wingers to put a cross in, we have to wait for the full backs to get forward by which time the opposition has reset their defence

We have no one to get on the end of the crosses either why if your taking 5 strikers not take an Andy Carroll and Andros Townsend as a plan b?

Sometimes our wishes are granted. :)

Now I'm waiting for the after-match comments about England: only unbeaten team in the group, better to finish second because easier route next round, etc. etc.

And right on cue, here comes Roy...

"Rare to dominate three games like we did and win only won of them. I don't think we could do so much more than we did.

"It is a little bit embarrassing. I don't think I have seen an England team dominate three matches like that at a tournament.

"Finishing second is disappointing but who is to say that the team we will play next will be much stronger or weaker than the one we would have played if we had finished first.

Heads up lads. You finished second behind a very good team... On a serious note though we were awesome tonight. Best performance I've seen from a Wales side in terms of absolutely dominating a team. Allen and Ramsey were superb and then Bale won it for us in the end. Awesome team spirit and we'll be bloody hard to beat. Off to Paris on Friday night now. Got a ticket. Cymru am Byth!

Edited by Geth

england with a lucky draw. will play 2nd place in group F. Hungary Iceland Portugal Austria

Seriously? I must've been watching a different game.We we awful but Slovakia parked the bus, zero ambition and hoped third will be enough, which it probably will be.

Well done Wales.

Heads up lads. You finished second behind a very good team... On a serious note though we were awesome tonight. Best performance I've seen from a Wales side in terms of absolutely dominating a team. Allen and Ramsey were superb and then Bale won it for us in the end. Awesome team spirit and we'll be bloody hard to beat. Off to Paris on Friday night now. Got a ticket. Cymru am Byth!

Hope you still have a job to go back to after the England game Geth; no call to the Headmaster's office :P.

Ive absolutely no faith that this bell end will make the right choices to see us stand a chance of doing well in this tournanent.

His approach reminds me of myself when im playing golf "what happens if i change my grip to this, what happens if i change my stance".... its tournament time dick head!!!! 3 different corner takers, lallana getting subbed every game despite being one of our best players.

This game was crying out for a player to run the ball.... barkley. Where was he??? Fuckin clueless.

OMFG

Mark Poogash "England need a Bale type player, a regular goal scorer"

Ahem, Wayne Rooney the striker anyone???

He ignores the fact that two of the three that he's scored were huge goalkeeping errors. I've thought that Bale has been poor in this tournament.

Rooney has been excellent however.

To be honest, I didn't expect us to get past the group stages so it's a pleasant surprise. Also think Woy did the right thing all round except dropping Rooney. Other than that they parked the bus and stood firm, most teams would've struggled against that resilience.

Congrats to the Taffs, hopefully see you in the final :)

Ive absolutely no faith that this bell end will make the right choices to see us stand a chance of doing well in this tournanent.

His approach reminds me of myself when im playing golf "what happens if i change my grip to this, what happens if i change my stance".... its tournament time dick head!!!! 3 different corner takers, lallana getting subbed every game despite being one of our best players.

This game was crying out for a player to run the ball.... barkley. Where was he??? Fuckin clueless.

I've got no interest in the England set-up bar having my Mrs mate's partner as the head physio (Steve)...we play "where's Steve?". Try and spot how many times we catch him on TV. FAR more interesting than a Roy Hodgson "football" team (very loose use of the word football).

The guy is clueless. Wlishere hasn't played 90 minutes for over two years and hasn't improved as a footballer since he was 18/19 and if anything, he's gone backwards. Henderson has been sussed out as an average at best footballer. Sterling's inclusion in the squad is an embarrassment. The complete disregard for a tactical play is laughable. His solution for being a goal down is to throw every striker on the field, neglecting the fact that someone (a midfielder) needs to feed those strikers the chances.

Massive congrats to Wales like, top job and showing the other minnows of the tournament that anything is possible. Well played the dragons.

I stated a while ago that Hodgson dislikes Barkley. I recall feeling irritated when after a good performance roy would dampen any positives about the lad.

Barkley lost the ball when hiven 5 minutes on the pitch and hodgson berated him. Yet platers like sterling, wilshire and henderson get indulged. Joke.