Sign in to follow this  
Lowensda

Euro 2016

And I'm even more made up that the English were completely humiliated.

Sad that we reach that point, isn't it?

Well.... Welsh players celebrating England losing is gonna have that effect. Don't be upset when the English get pissed off when most of us had been pleased for the welsh.

It's like Emlyn Hughes singing Liverpool are magic Everton are tragic when Everton fans had actually lined the streets to welcome the Liverpool team.

"Mustafi who came through Evertons youth system at one time comes on"

Moyes sat at home coughing over the commentators voice.

He didn't come through our youth system at all though. We nabbed him from Hamburg. They were pretty pissed off about it.

He didn't come through our youth system at all though. We nabbed him from Hamburg. They were pretty pissed off about it.

He did join the academy team in fairness. Either way one sub appearance in 2.5 years for this world cup winner.

Fancy him to score a header from corner.

And I'm even more made up that the English were completely humiliated.

Sad that we reach that point, isn't it?

Not really, I'm not arsed England were humiliated, but you are arsed Wales got beat. Neither here nor there to me.

Germany - France. First time I felt the best team didn't wint. Shame.

Don't really care who wins it; just hope you don't get the feeling in the final that UEFA wants France to win.

The problem with Germany was that they played yesterday's football. All short passing in triangles. They won the possession stats but at the end of the day didn't do anything with it in terms of goal attempts. It was almost like watching Everton last season, loads of possession up to the penalty area then sideways and backwards passing.

Greece all over again bar 1 fact.

Can't believe they've won this. Apparently average is the winning formula.

Travesty; but what can you do?

When Greece stole it I was happy, tonight I'm not; but France have only themselves to blame.

Travesty; but what can you do?

When Greece stole it I was happy, tonight I'm not; but France have only themselves to blame.

Their tactics were sound though. First you injure the other side's best player.

Payet didnt even apologize or check on him; stay classy dimitri.

sorry, typo, i meant to say Portugal didn't steal anything

really? The most "safe" team bored their way to victory because of one man. "But he didn't play most of the game!" - yeah but they'd would'nt have even qualified without him. Poor "team" stole the trophy. Simple as that.

sorry, typo, i meant to say Portugal didn't steal anything

Of course not, won it fair and square, but they were a long way from being the best team in the tournament; same as Greece weren't in 2004.

Strange tournament I never got fired up for it beforehand or during it I'm not sure if that's down to a lack of advertising patriotism etc as I didn't expect us to much either way but the whole thing has been generally dull and boring

Teams haven't been up to par big players have generally been poor not much to shout about really

Worst major tournament in my lifetime

I enjoyed watching France and Italy. Griezman pretty much confirmed he's up there with Suarez atm. Italy were just class. The weaker teams certainly didn't help the tournament. The old system was much better. Portugal wernt as bad as some are making out here. Certainly not the best side in it but the last couple of games they defended brilliantly.

Their tactics were sound though. First you injure the other side's best player.

Payet didnt even apologize or check on him; stay classy dimitri.

He did actually.

I didn't even think it was a bad challenge anyway. He won the ball and then his momentum carried him through to Ronaldo's standing leg.

I didn't see it. Flemish play-by-play commentator said he didn't.

Anyway, as a neutral I was pissed that the best player went off, lowering the probability of this game producing anything worth watching.

Dreadful tournament: utterly dull and forgettable. Best 'team' were Germany, but they were undone by lack of a striker in the SF. France flattered to deceive and I was pleased they lost. I have Portuguese friends and my little boy loves Ronaldo so I was very happy for them. Team defence, as ever, wins games, something I hope we learn from for the new season.

Dreadful tournament: utterly dull and forgettable. Best 'team' were Germany, but they were undone by lack of a striker in the SF. France flattered to deceive and I was pleased they lost. I have Portuguese friends and my little boy loves Ronaldo so I was very happy for them. Team defence, as ever, wins games, something I hope we learn from for the new season.

Agree. The tone was set by that god-awful opening ceremony...

Wanted the French to win though, I can't stand play acting cheats and thats the majority of the Portuguese team.

really? The most "safe" team bored their way to victory because of one man. "But he didn't play most of the game!" - yeah but they'd would'nt have even qualified without him. Poor "team" stole the trophy. Simple as that.

A colleague of mine made an interesting suggestion. He felt that Portugal were a better and more balanced team when Ronaldo wasn't playing. Isn't that often the case with teams that boast a superstar?

A colleague of mine made an interesting suggestion. He felt that Portugal were a better and more balanced team when Ronaldo wasn't playing. Isn't that often the case with teams that boast a superstar?

I disagree but then, I don't care enough anymore to debate it :)