IGNORED

Graziano Pelle

Wouldn't he be able to buy out his contract at his age? One years salary? If he was on £60k a week that would be £3m. So let him do that and give it back to him in his signing on fee. Also get Jansen. We could have two decent strikers for £16m, let Niasse and Kone leave on a free, sell Rom and buy another, say Lacazette for £30m.

£46m has just got us Lacazette, Jansen and Pelle. Plus getting rid of Kone and Niasse.

I should be the new director of football. This shit is easy. I'll do it for half of Monchi's salary and my company won't want a compensation fee (they'll probably pack my things and give me a lift!).

He scores -- just not enough to warrant a comparison with Rom.

Rom had 17 in 35 at WBA.

Pelle's best ratio is 11 in 30 for Southhampton.

and there you have it. a solid 1 in 2 striker (ROM) and a solid 1 in 3 striker (Pelle). Pelle should only be considered to be a backup, he should not be out main starting man goal.

Southampton created over 10% more chances than us both this season and last, so on a like for like and minutes played against minutes played basis, Pelle could have 10% more opportunities to score than Lukaku, yet still scores nearly 20% fewer goals. Not sure we could afford to suffer those reduced margins with the lack of goals from elsewhere in the team.

great point, yet another reason he should just be backup if brought in.

Just to set expectations, I don't think theres a chance in hell Niasse will leave before next summer.,

I can see him going in January for a cut price deal.

If that happy scenario doesn't happen he'll be shipped out on loan in January and then quietly fucked off in the summer.

It's 11 in 23. Created the same number of assists as Rom in 15 less games too.

Maybe this is where Southamptons chance creation comes from?

Pelle created 79 chances in 68 games in the last two seasons, Lukaku 88 in 73, assists is reliant upon the recipient doing their bit so can't fairly be compared. Lukaku, who we pretty much all agree needs to go, and asap, scores 20% more goals than Pelle in a team that creates 10% fewer chances. Without Naismith who used to chip in, I can't see how we could afford to replace Lukaku for Pelle unless it was replacement with two Pelle's. His replacement needs to be equivalent, but Pelle would be a good step up as a Kone or Naismith replacement.

and there you have it. a solid 1 in 2 striker (ROM) and a solid 1 in 3 striker (Pelle). Pelle should only be considered to be a backup, he should not be out main starting man goal.

great point, yet another reason he should just be backup if brought in.

I have said about 4 times he would be squad player....

Pelle created 79 chances in 68 games in the last two seasons, Lukaku 88 in 73, assists is reliant upon the recipient doing their bit so can't fairly be compared. Lukaku, who we pretty much all agree needs to go, and asap, scores 20% more goals than Pelle in a team that creates 10% fewer chances. Without Naismith who used to chip in, I can't see how we could afford to replace Lukaku for Pelle unless it was replacement with two Pelle's. His replacement needs to be equivalent, but Pelle would be a good step up as a Kone or Naismith replacement.

For FUCKS SAKE!!!! How many times do I need to say he would be a squad player....

Seriously - I have said his stats arent a million miles away, he's a more rounded striker who would give us options..... options.... not a replacement a squad player. We need 4 viable option as a striker.

Southampton had Pelle who scored less goals than Lukaku.

I know where I would prefer to finish.

If a forward is the main focal point of a team...he is going to score the vast majority of thier goals.

If a team creates chances throughout and has various goalscorers, then those goals will be shared out.

Which is the best scenario?

Neither is.

The team that finishes higher gets the accolades. If Rom hasn't scores those goals would we be relegated?

No one can tell. For all we know we make have ended up top four.

Would Pelle be a better fit than Lukaku?

No one knows. We could be worse, we could be better.

Football teams are not built on one player

Edited by Shukes

Why has the Pelle thread descended in to squabbling about Lukaku.

Bit like the next manager thread involving moyes all the time. People are gonna compare.

What's the chances that Rom keeps these threads going just by his daily interviews? He's moved his gob more than he's moved his legs this season.

Can't we put in in the T&Cs any post about him in a non Lukaku thread is deleted by a mod?

I think in this thread it's fair to compare, so long as it isn't a Lukaku bashing / defending thread by the end. If we're looking at strikers, we're naturally going to compare any candidate with our current prolific goalscorer

I think in this thread it's fair to compare, so long as it isn't a Lukaku bashing / defending thread by the end. If we're looking at strikers, we're naturally going to compare any candidate with our current prolific goalscorer

We both know it wont turn out like that though :lol: