IGNORED

Graziano Pelle

If we didn't know any better, after watching last night Belgium-Italy game you would choose Pelle over Lukaku. OK, one game doesn't give a full picture, we all know Lukaku can do a whole lot better than last night performance and there is also the age difference. Pelle definitely has a lot more to his game than just putting the ball in the back of the net.

Problem is if Pelle and lakaku plays the whole Euro's like they did last night, Lukaku's value will go down and Pelle's will go up :(

It's 11 in 23. Created the same number of assists as Rom in 15 less games too.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/17909/History/Graziano-Pell

Maybe this is where Southamptons chance creation comes from?

As I say... a more rounded striker who's goal stats aren't a million miles away from Lukakus. At a price under £10m he will be a great squad addition.

Not for one second am I saying he will go and smash the goals in for us... I just don't think he's far off what we have already got who is a supposed 50m+ player. Is that because he's 23 and all that stuff? I don't know but for me pelle will be a solid addition to the squad and the Lukaku money will be most welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

He is quality. Conte is top quality, too. They are totally different as managers, but they are both phenomenal.

I don't want Pelle any more. I need one season without that word ??

But in all seriousness, an excellent back up option who could definitely do the job as a sole striker. Players like Ross and Kev would benefit from him and most likely bag more goals to make up for his lesser return than Roms.

I like the bit about giving his first international shirt to Koeman nice touch that something you will rarely hear of

I'm fairly sure he'll be one of his first signings once the Euros are over or Italy head home

I hope so but can see Conte wanting him at Chelsea too.

a brilliant game. And now out of our grasp me thinks, Conte will take him to Chelsea

If we are indeed interested, I think it will depend on who he'd rather play for and where he thinks he has the best opportunity to achieve his goals (whether that means regular playing time, money or trophies). Right now, I'd say personal history has us favored (if we want him), seeing as he has had a long association with Koeman.

If we are indeed interested, I think it will depend on who he'd rather play for and where he thinks he has the best opportunity to achieve his goals (whether that means regular playing time, money or trophies). Right now, I'd say personal history has us favored (if we want him), seeing as he has had a long association with Koeman.

i agree. plus chelsea doesn't have european football either, so it's just down to playing time.

1-2 seasons? I would've thought he'd have had a longer spell with Conte. Plus the Italian connection and the assumption that Chelsea have a much better chance (on paper at least) of winning a major trophy.

He just gave the type of centre forwards performance that Lukaku 'should' aspire to replicate. I seen it once against Liverpool.

For me that performance highlights everything I've been banging on about. A forward needs to make themselves known to the defence. Take pressure off the team by allowing the midfielders to penetrate up the field. It makes a big fookin difference, the goal was tge icing on the cake.

He just gave the type of centre forwards performance that Lukaku 'should' aspire to replicate. I seen it once against Liverpool.

For me that performance highlights everything I've been banging on about. A forward needs to make themselves known to the defence. Take pressure off the team by allowing the midfielders to penetrate up the field. It makes a big fookin difference, the goal was tge icing on the cake.

Maybe when he's 30, he will have learnt that ;)

sorry, didn't mean to neg that, was trying to quote. Mind you, you do deserve it!

Learnt to lead the line, and you damn well know it

It's OK dude.

No I just don't think Rom has the appetite for that type of game. Pity really.

Anyhow... don't wanna turn the Pelle into a Rom thread...