IGNORED

Man Utd - 3 August 2016 (Rooney Testimonial)

Louis

Stones certainly isn't playing for a big money move. He's almost singlehandedly put us 2-0 down.

Stekelenberg has been a solid shot-stopper.

Lukaku has oddly been better in the air than with the ball at his feet. Though, this isn't saying much.

The lack of sufficient numbers up front has been harsh on Gerry and Barkley. They've spent too much time defending and have tried to force things when they've had opportunities.

McCarthy is still spending most of the game sliding around on his ass.

Baines has been good at stopping crosses and has made some really nice passes.

Seamus needs more help on the right when we're on the offensive. McCarthy hasn't been there for him.

Mori has been solid in defense and has been using the ball more smartly than we've grown accustomed to. Good signs.

Holgate hasn't looked too out of place. Hopefully we get more minutes for him in preseason.

Barry looks a bit rusty out there. Needs more minutes, for sure.

So barkley hasn't improved in the air at all either. Not brave enough, no aggression.

I disagree on the aggression - think he's worked back a lot harder today. We need Gueye in there to win the ball back quicker and constantly harass the opposition - something Barry and McCarthy can't do. Ross will improve even more with this type of player working 'for' him.

I disagree on the aggression - think he's worked back a lot harder today. We need Gueye in there to win the ball back quicker and constantly harass the opposition - something Barry and McCarthy can't do. Ross will improve even more with this type of player working 'for' him.

Barkley has been dreadful all pre season IMO. Can't pass a ball, doesn't link up with people well, shows no threat in the air. All he does is every now and then successfully dribble past someone, and that's not anywhere near at a good success ratio.

sorry but how lukaku is worth 75 million is an absolute joke he's dire i would rather have defoe and a top center midfielder coming in. waiting for a few that dont agree but he really is the easiest player to read

holgate has played well as has coleman

Edited by Blue4Ever

Barkley has been dreadful all pre season IMO. Can't pass a ball, doesn't link up with people well, shows no threat in the air. All he does is every now and then successfully dribble past someone, and that's not anywhere near at a good success ratio.

He's going to be one of the most beneficial players from having Koeman here in my opinion. He's arguably just had his best season in his short career but there is room for so much improvement - mainly defensive work rate - I've seen evidence already that Koeman is beginning to influence Ross' game and long may it continue.