IGNORED

Morgan Schneiderlin

Can't see us getting a keeper. I can't imagine any team willing to let a decent keeper go mid season, don't think it'll happen until the summer

I agree, we do need a striker, and I think Nessie and Kone going means that there must be someone we have our eye on. We also need a center back as a matter of urgency.

I believe we will also get a winger / inside forward or 2 in. We need too as the options we have have been firing more blanks than the A-Team.

Edited by London Blue

So you want us to play three holding midfielders? I don't get what you mean.

Schneiderlin is an obvious replacement for Barry.

I know the last four years haven't been great, but that doesn't make me expect to see us lining up with three players in there sitting. I've also not seen us commiting lots of men forward under Koeman, we did under Martinez but not at all under Koeman.

No not 3 DM's more a situation like if a luxury like Deulofeu is played on one wing that someone who will work back everytime operates on the opposite side, a la Lennon. It's this quality that I think saw us get Bolasie, that he's much bigger than your average winger and so offered us an outball not usually associated with a winger.

Its the capacity upfield to do something different, Pienaar was a revelation because he was a two footer with loads of football brains, short sharp passes and and understanding of exploiting space, its heartbreaking knowing Baines will never look the same without him. (and vice versa)

Looking at Koemans Saints side, he got goals from wide players, one in particular, and his side beat teams in a variety of ways, I'm hoping theres a lot of total football coming our way and that it is all based on a solid base of defence and a shored up midfield, hard to beat first then lots of options going forwards.

Mario Gomez please Ron, 31 is no age and hes available.

If previous transfers are any indication at all of Schneiderlin's talent here are Southampton's sales the past few years:

Lambert to Liverpool

Shaw to Utd

Lallana to Liverpool

Lovren to Liverpool

Chambers to Arsenal

Cork to Swansea

Clyne to Liverpool

Schneiderlin to Utd

Mane to Liverpool

Wanyama to Spurs

That's a pretty amazing list.

If previous transfers are any indication at all of Schneiderlin's talent here are Southampton's sales the past few years:

Lambert to Liverpool

Shaw to Utd

Lallana to Liverpool

Lovren to Liverpool

Chambers to Arsenal

Cork to Swansea

Clyne to Liverpool

Schneiderlin to Utd

Mane to Liverpool

Wanyama to Spurs

That's a pretty amazing list.

All except Lambert and Chambers went on to be first team starters once they moved as well. (schniedz under LVG was)