Sign in to follow this  
duncanmckenzieismagic

Morgan Schneiderlin

I would tweek that to say Arsenal and United are even richer than they were before because they were successful

Showing your age there then dude :P

But yeah, looking on google, you're right

the only way I would sign him is if we sell McCarthy for a decent enough fee.

we have too many ball winning midfielders.

Not of the Quality of Schneiderlin, surely you wouldnt turn down the chance to sign a player of his calibre.

Mcarthy will be gone, as will Clevs.

Agreed.

And for too long we have been neither.

Now we have a bit of cash we need to get it spent imho. Not foolishly of course but we can't send Moshiri's wallet out on the pitch the next time we hear Z Cars being played. We must transfer some of his cash into quality signings. And, to be honest, if we want to attract players like Virgil, we will have to pay more to get them to come to us than Man City or Arsenal etc would have to pay to get him to join them - for painfully obvious reasons.

Man City had to do that. They were paying wages that made the established order baulk. It was Man City that brought in the £200k contracts, just as it was Chelsea who started putting £100k contracts out 10 years earlier.

Unless we can match the wages of these teams then we will not attract the very best players.

What we need go do is find players like Schneiderlin and Van Dijk before they go to a Premier League club

City poached Barry, Milner, Lescott, Roque Cruz, Johnson, and got lucky with Tevez. As well as brining in squadies like Toure, and Bridge from the top clubs. From this foundation they managed to convince Aguero to come and they finally won the league after about 10 years of building.

There was only two teams in the league that could compete with City's riches, whereas now half the league can afford to pay premium wages to keep star players, with most using us in the summer to get a pay rise.

Think he's just saying Pickford is the more important get.

I reckon they're both equally as important myself, so I'd be going for both no matter what. Both signings are key ones. Schneiderlin probably more so than Pickford tbh - buying a creative midfielder in January is bound to be difficult and we may be forced to wait until the summer, so while Schneiderlin isn't that player he would provide us with more in the middle of the park than what we currently have.

I reckon they're both equally as important myself, so I'd be going for both no matter what. Both signings are key ones. Schneiderlin probably more so than Pickford tbh - buying a creative midfielder in January is bound to be difficult and we may be forced to wait until the summer, so while Schneiderlin isn't that player he would provide us with more in the middle of the park than what we currently have.

I agree. I think Barry is solid, but I also think that Schneiderlin would offer us more than him right now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/14/manchester-united-transfer-newsmorgan-schneiderlin-nears-everton/

Looks effectively a done deal. £24m with Depay coming on loan as well.

heck yes I would love that. 24m (that's the total with add ons so it would be less) in this market is a steal for a 27 year old player in their prime. Plus Depay on loan (hopefully loan to buy) would be great cover for Bolasie and could potentially turn out well if there is that buy clause.

That would be a great bit of business. If we want to play like we did yesterday then we need to move Barry to the fringes and with Gana going to AFCON we need another quality player.

Don't really want Depay, I don't think he has the stones for the rough and tumble of the PL.

Interesting that we rave about the DoF we bring in from Leicester and he's not mentioned once in this long thread. Are we still choosing manager and fan favourites instead of pursuing a long term strategy?

think people are choosing firefighting for the moment, no point in a long term strategy when your hermeraging points everywhere

Interesting that we rave about the DoF we bring in from Leicester and he's not mentioned once in this long thread. Are we still choosing manager and fan favourites instead of pursuing a long term strategy?

He's a 27 yr old French International. Great business.

I think it clearly demonstrates that Koeman has the final say.

That said walsh will no doubt disagree with him if he thinks they are shite. French players are his forte.

Walsh isn't here to find the 4, 5 or 6 players that we absolutely need to make the team competitive and replace the donkeys that Martinez brought in.

We need Schneiderlin now because the squad isn't fit for purpose. Koeman knows exactly who he is and what he is capable of.

I don't think we will see the fruits of Walsh's labour until a season or 2 down the road.

Walsh's task is to find and secure the signing of the next big thing before the likes of Chelsea, Utd and City hoover them all up and put them on loan for the next 3 years.

It depends on how you view it, most people interpret a game changer being an attacking player ie Sanchez Silva etc and the likes of Gana Kante Fernandinho Capoue and co get overlooked

It's a broad statement tbh all I'd say is he enhances our chances of winning massively when he's playing

I'd say Gana has been a little bit of a liability giving the ball away and dithering. You can partly blame the players around him for not giving him options, but sometimes it has been his own stupidity. That said, not many could argue against him being our best player this season so far Barry and Lukaku close.

Is that why we only won two of the last eleven games.

As I said he's a very good player but he's not a game changer.

we would've lost a lot of them had he not been playing, which is a more sensible way of looking at it

Gana wins tackles, can pass a ball and run past players. We've not had that in midfield for such a long time, it's changed how we play for me. I'd consider that a game changer. Just my opinion anyway.

I think a game changer is someone who can create something out of nothing and win games with a single piece of skill.

I know what you mean with Gana because he keeps us in games we might not be had he not be playing. Technically he is only doing what he should be doing, just at a very high level!

"SCHNEIDERLIN SET FOR EXIT

Jose Mourinho has confirmed Morgan Schneiderlein will be allowed to leave providing Manchester United get the right offer.

Schneiderling has been linked with a move to West Brom." - SSN

Doen't look like we've lodged a bid yet, and hes asked to leave as soon as WBA have asked for his services.

Plenty of time to go though yet, he's the only signing that would really woo me, considering the names we've been linked to. I'm not too worried about WBA beating us to his signature, especially as Koeman has worked with him before and should convince him to be part of our "project". But then again I wasn't worried about stoke beating us to sign Shaqiri.

"SCHNEIDERLIN SET FOR EXIT

Jose Mourinho has confirmed Morgan Schneiderlein will be allowed to leave providing Manchester United get the right offer.

Schneiderling has been linked with a move to West Brom." - SSN

Doen't look like we've lodged a bid yet, and hes asked to leave as soon as WBA have asked for his services.

Plenty of time to go though yet, he's the only signing that would really woo me, considering the names we've been linked to. I'm not too worried about WBA beating us to his signature, especially as Koeman has worked with him before and should convince him to be part of our "project". But then again I wasn't worried about stoke beating us to sign Shaqiri.

I was reading the other day an interview from Shaqiri and he never mentioned we was in for him only that he was close to joining Liverpool which was weird as i thought we was in for him too.

If we are in for Schneiderlin then i cant see him going to WBA. Many reports in France claim a deal is done. Im really hopefull of this and im with you its the main signing im looking forward to. Just hope we get it done!

Didnt WBA do this in the Summer, bid on players they knew were going elsewehre just to appease the fans.

How did Schneiderlin's relationship finish with Koeman, i may be wrong and please correct me if I am but I thought they had a falling out, similar to Moyes and Lescott but a bit more intense, so possible Koeman could be a negative for him coming here.

How did Schneiderlin's relationship finish with Koeman, i may be wrong and please correct me if I am but I thought they had a falling out, similar to Moyes and Lescott but a bit more intense, so possible Koeman could be a negative for him coming here.

did some reading up. he wanted to be sold when all those players were sold off (lalana, shaw, etc.) but koeman said they weren't selling him. Morgan said I'm not able to play, so koeman gave him 2 days off (also note this was just after WC) and said he needs to think about his future. He then came back into the team and played the full season. He was then sold to Man U at the end of that campaign Koeman saying "every player has a price". When Schneiderlin came back to Saints while playing with United Koeman in his presser asked fans to give him a warm welcome back for all he did for Saints.

no falling out, seems he just held him to the contract and said you can leave next summer since he already lost 6 players that window. I think they get on well.

did some reading up. he wanted to be sold when all those players were sold off (lalana, shaw, etc.) but koeman said they weren't selling him. Morgan said I'm not able to play, so koeman gave him 2 days off (also note this was just after WC) and said he needs to think about his future. He then came back into the team and played the full season. He was then sold to Man U at the end of that campaign Koeman saying "every player has a price". When Schneiderlin came back to Saints while playing with United Koeman in his presser asked fans to give him a warm welcome back for all he did for Saints.

no falling out, seems he just held him to the contract and said you can leave next summer since he already lost 6 players that window. I think they get on well.

We all wanted to know but were too lazy to find out!

Not announced one, doesn't mean we haven't.

Exactly. Spurs came at the eleventh hour and got sissoko, we had bids and planes for moutinho and Fernando and the like and they never signed.

Not worried I think he will end up here mou doesn't hate koeman and he needs to move both depay and schneiderlin from the payroll.

Inter Milan and Juventus both want to sign out-of-favour Man Utdmidfielder Morgan Schneiderlin on loan when the transfer window reopens for business in January, according to reports on Calciomercato.com.

inter are awful and just fired de boer, Juve are gonna get Witsel for free this summer not sure why they would pay for Schneiderlin. Just agents trying to get more from the clubs.

Long window and if true at least we outbid west brom. I could see us going higher but I don't seem them doing so. Be happy to pay 24m, stop negotiating and just sign him, we need him immediately.

When do we play them again? Might they fancy a loan to buy so they can rule him out of the league and potential cup games? If he signs before Lukaku does his new contract will he have a time as our highest earner? Is he still being picked for France?