IGNORED

Morgan Schneiderlin

City poached Barry, Milner, Lescott, Roque Cruz, Johnson, and got lucky with Tevez. As well as brining in squadies like Toure, and Bridge from the top clubs. From this foundation they managed to convince Aguero to come and they finally won the league after about 10 years of building.

There was only two teams in the league that could compete with City's riches, whereas now half the league can afford to pay premium wages to keep star players, with most using us in the summer to get a pay rise.

Think he's just saying Pickford is the more important get.

I reckon they're both equally as important myself, so I'd be going for both no matter what. Both signings are key ones. Schneiderlin probably more so than Pickford tbh - buying a creative midfielder in January is bound to be difficult and we may be forced to wait until the summer, so while Schneiderlin isn't that player he would provide us with more in the middle of the park than what we currently have.

I reckon they're both equally as important myself, so I'd be going for both no matter what. Both signings are key ones. Schneiderlin probably more so than Pickford tbh - buying a creative midfielder in January is bound to be difficult and we may be forced to wait until the summer, so while Schneiderlin isn't that player he would provide us with more in the middle of the park than what we currently have.

I agree. I think Barry is solid, but I also think that Schneiderlin would offer us more than him right now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/14/manchester-united-transfer-newsmorgan-schneiderlin-nears-everton/

Looks effectively a done deal. £24m with Depay coming on loan as well.

heck yes I would love that. 24m (that's the total with add ons so it would be less) in this market is a steal for a 27 year old player in their prime. Plus Depay on loan (hopefully loan to buy) would be great cover for Bolasie and could potentially turn out well if there is that buy clause.

Interesting that we rave about the DoF we bring in from Leicester and he's not mentioned once in this long thread. Are we still choosing manager and fan favourites instead of pursuing a long term strategy?

think people are choosing firefighting for the moment, no point in a long term strategy when your hermeraging points everywhere

Interesting that we rave about the DoF we bring in from Leicester and he's not mentioned once in this long thread. Are we still choosing manager and fan favourites instead of pursuing a long term strategy?

I think it clearly demonstrates that Koeman has the final say.

That said walsh will no doubt disagree with him if he thinks they are shite. French players are his forte.

I'd say Gana has been a little bit of a liability giving the ball away and dithering. You can partly blame the players around him for not giving him options, but sometimes it has been his own stupidity. That said, not many could argue against him being our best player this season so far Barry and Lukaku close.