IGNORED

Maarten Stekelenburg

I just don't think there was a GK available without spunking a shit load of cash.

Koeman knows this bloke. He has maybe looked at the team and just thought he can get away with him for now, strengthen other areas and in the near future make GK the number 1 priority. Plus he maybe sees something in Robles too.

Leno and Horn are German and Cilleson is Dutch; the Netherlands and Germany both emphasize teaching English to kids in school.

yes and i learned spanish in school, took 7 years of it. doesn't mean i can use jargon and football technical terminology. i can say hello how are you. that's one position you need to be very vocal and the defense and you have to understand each other.

I just think Koeman is comfortable with Stek and is content with him between the sticks.

I doubt the language barrier was a reason we didn't go after a keeper.

i'm not saying it's why we didn't go after one (we could have got begovic), i'm saying it Could be a reason we didn't go after top foreign keepers. It took Lloris a few years to get acclimatized (your welcome mike) to the premier league and barking at his defense.

i'm not saying it's why we didn't go after one (we could have got begovic), i'm saying it Could be a reason we didn't go after top foreign keepers. It took Lloris a few years to get acclimatized (your welcome mike) to the premier league and barking at his defense.

But I don't think that was about him not speaking English -- he spoke English when he first went to Spurs I'm pretty sure.

you're....

13920996_1313868961965424_24952496532679

Edited by Matt

yes and i learned spanish in school, took 7 years of it. doesn't mean i can use jargon and football technical terminology. i can say hello how are you. that's one position you need to be very vocal and the defense and you have to understand each other.

Seven years to learn how to say "Hello how are you"? You must be a fast learner Mark :lol:.

Acclimatised would've been better but I appreciate the thought ;).

ha, i took advanced spanish senior year because it was me and 10 girls in the class, i had my pick :)

Sound reasoning that :rofl:.

I did A-level economics because I fancied the pants of a girl who'd signed up for it (my school was boys only until you hit the sixth form at sixteen when we mixed with the next door girls only); I don't think she so much as looked at me in the six months I lasted before being politely invited to leave by the headmaster :(.

Done more than enough to earn that spot. More than happy to see him there this season. Who'd have thought?

I think he's been abit of a lost gem and afterthought player tbh United Arsenal and others came calling and he went to Fulham and got shafted when Felix McGraph (sp) came in and loaned around

He's proving himself to be a much better keeper than I thought or remembered him being