IGNORED

Maarten Stekelenburg

Maybe maybe not

"he plays like the first couple of games, there is no need to change."

"We are still looking for a goalkeeper. We like to have three good goalkeepers. If you have an injury, the manager is not so afraid of the other two but Joe Hart is not a third goalkeeper or a second."

Koemans words seem to indicate he will be our first choice keeper this season

"he plays like the first couple of games, there is no need to change."

"We are still looking for a goalkeeper. We like to have three good goalkeepers. If you have an injury, the manager is not so afraid of the other two but Joe Hart is not a third goalkeeper or a second."

Koemans words seem to indicate he will be our first choice keeper this season

I was just going to post that. Stek is our starter and I'm fine with that, he's played well and earned his place. I think RK wants a better backup than Robles, maybe an older keeper with experience to step in if stek gets injured.

I've been uber impressed with him so far. He looks excellent on crosses, he's vocal, commands his area, good shot stopper and his performances have been excellent.

To be honest., regardless of if we bring another keeper in or not I don't see how Koeman can drop him. Said it earlier in this thread I think he could be one of the buys of the season.

I've been uber impressed with him so far. He looks excellent on crosses, he's vocal, commands his area, good shot stopper and his performances have been excellent.

To be honest., regardless of if we bring another keeper in or not I don't see how Koeman can drop him. Said it earlier in this thread I think he could be one of the buys of the season.

I agree. I was skeptical because he was coming from Fulham (which isn't necessarily fair), but I'm very happy to continue with him as our number 1 at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As have I but I'd rather concentrate on the many examples of him belaying those fears than the few that compound them. Hopefully that mistake will stop him from continually trying to punch a ball clear.

Also, Pogba should never have been allowed to shoot in the first place.