Sign in to follow this  

http://sportwitness.co.uk/everton-offer-likely-made-near-future-circus-gears-summer/

This time, it’s Everton who would be leading the race for the midfielder, as newspaper A Bola brings some interesting information about the chase today.

The outlet claims the Toffees are currently ‘in pole’ position to sign the 26-year-old, with the club having chosen him as a priority target for the summer market.

Even the player himself is said to be aware of that, and it’s ‘very likely that in the near future’ Everton officials come up with a bid for him.

A Bola claims Sporting would be fine selling one of their captains, no matter if Carvalho or Rui Patrício, as they need some cash in the transfer window. The midfielder has a €45m release clause, but the Lions would start listening to the offers over €30m.

With Carvalho’s dream to play in the Premier League being reported for years now, it seems that Everton’s biggest issue would be to find an agreement with Sporting.

He would definitely be a physical presence in the middle of the park that people have been crying out for, but I don't think he had the greatest season considering all the hype?

Carvalho would be the guy protecting the defense while the others hunt the ball. A pretty typical setup for high-pressing teams, in fact. 

21 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Is he that good? Better than in form Gana or morgan?

Yes, more accomplished than Gana, almost as good passing as Moran, but way, way, way more energy and does not go missing. He will be the defensive lynch pin in midfield for Silva.

I got that impression about him, I believe he looks for a forward pass rather than a side wards one though but there’s players I want more than him for that position 

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 10:42, Paddock said:

I’ll be amazed if we sign anyone before the world cup starts.

I’ll be amazed if we sign anyone before the season starts to be honest with you.  then we will panic buy again,  you watch this space.

7 hours ago, rubecula said:

I’ll be amazed if we sign anyone before the season starts to be honest with you.  then we will panic buy again,  you watch this space.

The window closes before the season starts this year!

10 hours ago, rubecula said:

So will I if we sign anyone after as the winow will be shut.

58 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Bas Dost please.

Na we need better. Well we already have better. Dost wouldn’t make it in the premier league. Cenk is a much better player.

Just an opinion of course.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Na we need better. Well we already have better. Dost wouldn’t make it in the premier league. Cenk is a much better player.

Just an opinion of course.

I was going to say, honestly Dost probably wouldn't be a good addition given that he's too similar to Cenk - both more pure poachers

On 06/06/2018 at 14:23, Romey 1878 said:

I always thought he was a bit cumbersome rather than the mobile midfielder we need, and people say he is here. 

He certainly looks it in this Spain v Portgual match.

Watching him tonight I have to say, do we really need him?

Dont we have a much younger carbon copy called Beni. 

Very very defensive, hardly sprints at all, if the ball passes him... he leaves it for others. Doesn’t look to havthe anything that would add to us at all.

Palfy... he makes Gana look a world class box to box attacking mid!

26 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Watching him tonight I have to say, do we really need him?

Dont we have a much younger carbon copy called Beni. 

Very very defensive, hardly sprints at all, if the ball passes him... he leaves it for others. Doesn’t look to havthe anything that would add to us at all.

Palfy... he makes Gana look a world class box to box attacking mid!

Thought the same.

Watching him...he just plods around and plays dead easy, lazy short passes.

Maybe he had an off night, but I'd keep Gana anyday based on that performance.

Well we don’t need him AND Schneiderlin! He was okay in my opinion - didn’t give the ball away but all very short passes - he was always available but didn’t cover much ground. What I will say is not many people will get the ball off him and he seems to win most physical battles when in the position.

Is he mobile enough? Is he an upgrade on Schneiderlin? He’s not a replacement for Gana - completely different players. He’ll purely sit and keep it ticking - this will frustrate many but it can be an important role - he’ll need top players ahead of him for it to work.

He's not a mobile player. Slow but solid defensive midfielder with vision on how to set up an attack. Think of Gareth Barry while he was playing for us, but younger. Also reminds me of Yaya Toure in his later years. I don't know if we need him though.

12 hours ago, Haiku said:

He's not a mobile player. Slow but solid defensive midfielder with vision on how to set up an attack. Think of Gareth Barry while he was playing for us, but younger. Also reminds me of Yaya Toure in his later years. I don't know if we need him though.

That exactly what I was thinking when watching him last night. Only problem is it was the over the hill, lazy bastardo version of him minus the shooting ability

4 hours ago, StevO said:

Can we also take into account he was playing against Spain’s midfield?

so when we play city liverpool chelsea etc it will be ok for him to be mediocre?   no thanks.  honestly save the money and get a LB. 

Koeman was Dutch and immediately brought in Dutch players. I really hope we’re not going to be biased toward Portuguese players. We need the best blended team, not players with whom the manager has worked in the past. 

I’m optimistic though because building a team is Brand’s role. 

4 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Koeman was Dutch and immediately brought in Dutch players. I really hope we’re not going to be biased toward Portuguese players. We need the best blended team, not players with whom the manager has worked in the past. 

Did he? Klaasen arrived after a year. Cuco came after a year.

Who else is Dutch? I don't think there was any sort of drastic bias towards Dutch players. Not that I can think of anyway.

21 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

2 dutch players makes him biased?  martinez bought 2 spaniards is your golden boy just as biased?  he bought a good amount of spanish speakers alcaraz, funes mori, leandro rodriguez, etc.  if anything your man was more biased.

41 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Did he? Klaasen arrived after a year. Cuco came after a year.

Who else is Dutch? I don't think there was any sort of drastic bias towards Dutch players. Not that I can think of anyway.

Stekelenburg

24 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

2 dutch players makes him biased?  martinez bought 2 spaniards is your golden boy just as biased?  he bought a good amount of spanish speakers alcaraz, funes mori, leandro rodriguez, etc.  if anything your man was more biased.

We had no Dutch players, and then we had three. Of course, we shouldn't object when those players are top-notch, but Stekelenburg and Martina? Really?

25 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Alcaraz is Paraguayan.  Funes Mori is Argentinian. Rodriguez is Uruguayan. You're only a few thousand miles out. :)

3 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Alcaraz is Paraguayan.  Funes Mori is Argentinian. Rodriguez is Uruguayan. You're only a few thousand miles out. :)

Read it again, I said Spanish speakers.  I know they aren’t Spaniards.

regardless your logic is flawed.  Portugal and Brazil produce some of the best players in the world, I’ll gladly have a team of them.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

so when we play city liverpool chelsea etc it will be ok for him to be mediocre?   no thanks.  honestly save the money and get a LB. 

Not at all, but when you play against some of the best players in the world it’s not exactly easy to stand out. 

It’s great how people can write him off after watching him once against arguably the best team in the world. My guess is that our scouts and recruitment team have done their research and if they see something there, I’ll give it my full support.

we get no idea on what he was told to do by the manager anyway, if we get him on a free as suggested by the Echo, I will be happy to give him a try.  If he is no good it will be easy to sell him on (I hope)

14 minutes ago, rubecula said:

we get no idea on what he was told to do by the manager anyway, if we get him on a free as suggested by the Echo, I will be happy to give him a try.  If he is no good it will be easy to sell him on (I hope)

This is the thing...its never a 'free'!!!

The players gets an over the top wage - tough to move on if he's no good. Plus a nice exaggerated signing on fee. Not to mention the agents fee....

Be good to watch him over the coming games, I'm sure he has more to offer than that.

37 minutes ago, c1982 said:

It’s great how people can write him off after watching him once against arguably the best team in the world. My guess is that our scouts and recruitment team have done their research and if they see something there, I’ll give it my full support.

Not writting him off just saying he was poor in that game and looked as though he offers no more than what we already have.

No point being bumhurt over a player that is not even ours!!!

The funny thing is though...if he has an outstanding tournament...reality says he ain't coming to us. So if Silva and Brands do like him, they kind of need him to not stand out too much. So that is going well so far!!!

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

I would never scout a player based on form in a big tournament because certain players seem to raise their game and just happen to fit into the national team and then others arent played to suit their best attributes because an idiot manager tries to get as many of his best players into the same side. 

He is a big strong dominant central midfielder and Silva has worked with him before. I personally would like to see a bit more from a player in that role but we are crying out for physicality in that area so if thats the player they want for that role then its not like they wont know what they are getting.

34 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He is a big strong dominant central midfielder and Silva has worked with him before. I personally would like to see a bit more from a player in that role but we are crying out for physicality in that area so if thats the player they want for that role then its not like they wont know what they are getting.

Exactly, we’ve hopefully got in Brands, Silva, etc. people who have a clear vision of what they want for EFC - if Carvalho is part of this vision then I’ll be optimistic based on the positives I’ve seen and the fact that there’s previous relationships there so Silva will know character, etc.

Would be interesting to know the reviews of him under Silva when they worked together. I know both will have changed in the meantime, but it’s be a rough indication

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Would be interesting to know the reviews of him under Silva when they worked together. I know both will have changed in the meantime, but it’s be a rough indication

From what I have read, he was a bit of a beast for them at the time.