IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

This match and the derby aside I don't think he's been that bad. I think he's got a future here and really just needs to add some bulk.

you're right, but i think the reason everyone is upset on him is that sub appearance last night. we needed hard work, steel, ball hold up, some relief from defending. he came on thinking he's the premier league leading scorer and all he needed to do was stay at the halfway line and try to counter once in a while. and even when he did that he wasn't full go.

bad bad attitude to have in a game like that. you can see why koeman likes davies. he works his ass off and always puts in a shift. might not go well, but he tries. Juxtapose that with DCL, and when we are 1-0 up at old trafford and you don't try, people rightly so will get on your back.

Edited by markjazzbassist

So does anyone else still actually see anything in him?

Confident lad off the pitch, doesn't do anything to actually back it up on the field.

He has had a handful if that, of matches.

In most he has looked a good player. Against Liverpool he still had a few good moments in a very poor team performance.

Last night he was poor but that more to do with the managers bad choice than his ability.

The lad needs time and to be thrown into 2 intense games had split advantages/disadvantages. Valuable experience is the obvious one, but also a confidence boost from the manager too. He failed to deliver, but come on. This season is about testing the kids out. Not everyone can take to water instantly. Davies started well and is now coming to terms with the league. Ross has taken /is taking years. But this isn't a quick fix business. City spent half a billion getting to be a significant force by flashing cash, initially at purple patch players. Liverpool and Chelsea have done the same. Since United abandoned their academy, they've dropped and Arsenal just haven't adapted to the change in the game

The comparison with Spurs a few weeks ago is spot on; invest in young talent, bring in some big names (for merc and hopefully immediate improvement) but blend it slowly

We're not making pancakes here, we're making a soufflé and that takes time and experimentation. DCL may or may not be one of the key ingredients, but he may be vital to the technique to making this team rise.

Poor performances in the last 2 games aside, before his injury he looked exciting, much like Lookman. I've got high expectations from him, I'm hoping he will deliver.

Edited by Matt

The lad needs time and to be thrown into 2 intense games had split advantages/disadvantages. Valuable experience is the obvious one, but also a confidence boost from the manager too. He failed to deliver, but come on. This season is about testing the kids out. Not everyone can take to water instantly. Davies started well and is now coming to terms with the league. Ross has taken /is taking years. But this isn't a quick fix business. City spent half a billion getting to be a significant force by flashing cash, initially at purple patch players. Liverpool and Chelsea have done the same. Since United abandoned their academy, they've dropped and Arsenal just haven't adapted to the change in the game

The comparison with Spurs a few weeks ago is spot on; invest in young talent, bring in some big names (for merc and hopefully immediate improvement) but blend it slowly

We're not making pancakes here, we're making a soufflé and that takes time and experimentation. DCL may or may not be one of the key ingredients, but he may be vital to the technique to making this team rise.

Poor performances in the last 2 games aside, before his injury he looked exciting, much like Lookman. I've got high expectations from him, I'm hoping he will deliver.

Exactly this, we have some quality young players and they are highly thought of by people who know their football like Walsh, Koeman and Unsworth. They need time to develop and get used to playing in the EPL, some will make it some wont but by having and developing these players is key to our future success. We will add to our squad without cost, and attract other young talent because they know they will get game time.

But who do you take out to start him? Mirallas had a great game. Barkley isn't being taken out. Lukaku sure as shit isn't being dropped for DCL. That's should be our front three, and DCL should be nowhere near it.

He started against the reds, no need to take anyone out.

Against UTD, I wouldn't have started him either.

Just commentating that if he did start him that would be the outcome.

Who to take out would be the managers decision .

He started against the reds, no need to take anyone out.

Against UTD, I wouldn't have started him either.

Just commentating that if he did start him that would be the outcome.

Who to take out would be the managers decision .

But the shite wasn't our last game, so you would have to take someone out. Quite rightly he didn't start against United, as you say, and his replacement did a lot to aid our cause.

It really would be stupid if Ron started him and seeing as it would be for Mirallas it'd be very unfair.

Agree.

I thought Mirralas was unlucky to come off, he was causing them problems all night. Even his free kick intervention was justified for me. I've done that myself.

Team should have gave the ball back but walked away, so I said... ok I'll take it.

DCL was set up to fail for me against UTD. But I would start Mirralas or a Lookman against Leicester.

• 2 weeks later...

just don't see the fuss with him, came on, had a dive, doesn't defend or track back, what does ron or anyone see in him?

Yeah I don't see what Koeman sees in him.

In all fairness I think he's meant to be a centre forward, but hes not done anything to impress so far.

• 2 weeks later...