IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

He should be on the bench every week along with Davies and Holgate, time to try and mix up the side cos the present set of players are not going to plan, we need some fresh faces.

Should be given 10 or 20 minutes every game to give them a bit of experience.

Koeman wants us to press from the front..... who is there to put pressure on Rom to do that?

Naismith was the only player we had who would put in that type of work - now we don't have anyone. I'd give the kid a chance.

Koeman wants us to press from the front..... who is there to put pressure on Rom to do that?

Naismith was the only player we had who would put in that type of work - now we don't have anyone. I'd give the kid a chance.

Agree with this. Currently, there is no press up front. I only see the games on TV (and the camera is a ball watcher) but I have watched Rom carefully and when defenders are in possession, he makes a show of running towards them but after about three paces he stops and either stands still or ambles another few paces.

We need someone up front with him to pressure defenders and encourage Rom to do likewise. He might well respond to a bit of help.

Agree with this. Currently, there is no press up front. I only see the games on TV (and the camera is a ball watcher) but I have watched Rom carefully and when defenders are in possession, he makes a show of running towards them but after about three paces he stops and either stands still or ambles another few paces.

We need someone up front with him to pressure defenders and encourage Rom to do likewise. He might well respond to a bit of help.

To be honest there is little press from anyone. The odd one or two but not as a team as it should be.

Regardless Lukaku is never going to do it that well and given Koeman's comments he won't be dropped so it wouldn't matter even if we had the duracell bunny on the bench.

This is why I wanted Shane long, I think you need atleast one of those "types" of players in your squad that just bust a gut.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen him win a ball off a defender.

Naismith was awesome at it.

That game where they have the bib... the ball passed round etc the way to win it is by sprinting not ambling.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thought he had some great moments but disappeared a lot and offered very little protection for Baines

Baines was shocking other than a cracking pass to Rom he didn't do anything, never made any runs to give DCL space or options and just hugged the touch line. Reminded me a bit of Gary Neville at the end of his career. Second to everything.