IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Happy to hear this. Saw enough to suggest he is going to be a very good player.

First half against Chelsea he was one of the few shining lights. Died off second half but is getting better.

Looks a very fast lad.

Likes to run past players and is very direct.

im with aiden i think lookman looks the better of the two.

DCL is never a wide forward in a million years. He's a straight up the middle striker for me - get him to bulk up a bit over the summer, get him a loan move next season to play as that striker and we'll see what he's really made of.

loan move? didn't we buy him off a championship side?

League 1 and he hadn't played for them (maybe the odd game? I'm not sure).

And yes a loan move. He's still developing and we will (fingers crossed) be bringing in a few players in this summer, so going out on loan and playing regularly will benefit him.

Edited by Romey 1878

bizarre

Why?

He was signed as a member of the academy and has become part of the 1st team squad. We've rewarded his progress and at the same time protected our asset - it's been reported that Arsenal have been monitoring his progress.

He's a young striker who has been playing as a winger. He looks like a top prospect to me.

Why?

He was signed as a member of the academy and has become part of the 1st team squad. We've rewarded his progress and at the same time protected our asset - it's been reported that Arsenal have been monitoring his progress.

He's a young striker who has been playing as a winger. He looks like a top prospect to me.

F me! At last someone other than me that sees something in him haha.

Why?

he had 3 years left and, whilst having a few appearances, hasn't really set the world alight. Putting him on a 40k a week 5 year deal is a lot of faith.

Not saying he won't develop, and won't be a good player. Just seems very soon

I think he looks a very good young player, remember this lad wasn't really playing often at a MUCH lower level and has been thrown right in the deep end
Re his pace, he looks rapid to me he chased a lost ball and tanked past two or three Chelsea players no danger the lads quick

Given time I think the lad will be a very dangerous striker the type to thrive on through balls

Edited by EFC-Paul

I have watched him properly after being a bit underwhelmed.

I actually think we have a genuine class act in the making. He is playing out of position but he has all the tools to become a top player.

Reminds me of James Vaughan - a player who i loved... was absolutely gutted to see how injuries messed him up. He would have been an England international regular.

It's going to be good fun to watch the likes of davies, DCL and lookman establish themselves as a force.

The way I see it is we've just given a contract to a player with a broken leg, and another one who has had a handful of games for everton (to which he hasn't performed well at all) and signed in the summer.

I thought Farhad had sorted out the pathetic business plan we had in place prior to his arrival.

Edited by AidanLewis

Coleman is a show of faith and the contract was probably already written.

The other is to tie down a player that they see as potential.

Our fans are becoming heartless and wanting us run as a business rather than a football club....

I'm hoping the club stay true to why I love them in the first place.

Not saying others don't live the club, just that my reasons may be different.

Keep us a club rather than another step.

Coleman is a show of faith and the contract was probably already written.

The other is to tie down a player that they see as potential.

Our fans are becoming heartless and wanting us run as a business rather than a football club....

I'm hoping the club stay true to why I love them in the first place.

Not saying others don't live the club, just that my reasons may be different.

Keep us a club rather than another step.

I want us to have be a club but I also don't want us to look stupid.

The Coleman and DCL contracts are stupid.

Edited by AidanLewis

I want us to have be a club but I also don't want us to look stupid.

The Coleman and DCL contracts are stupid.

DCL one I don't understand but Seamus deserves his; it was on the table pre-injury and it would have been ruthless and heartless to withdraw it because he got hurt. Proud of the club on that one.

Think he deserves a little boost playing in the first team. He come on a u23 contract, so should be bumped up to a young squad one. I'd assume the conditions were probs already agreed such as a pay boost after x amount of games or something.