IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I think DCL should be given an extended run as the front man. He just needs to get on the weights and bulk up a bit.

Still need to be carefull how hard you push them to gain size. Fornwhat size he has, a lot of it is muscle and he does use his body quite well with his back to a player. He is also deceptively quick.

Game time is the biggest step for him.

I do think he needs to work on being more clinical but that will come.

All in all, we signed him for 1.5mil and it looks an absolute steal.

First time I've seen this on the telly, Walker defo knows what he's doing and no way has DCL made a meal of it

https://twitter.com/kinnyneil/status/899975843509915650

I owe him an apology!

I'd seen that Walker took a look, but from the angle I seen it looked like he just went into his chest and DCL crumbled.

But from this view, over and over, the shoulder makes good solid impact on the chin. Would have hurt a bit that!!!

Sorry Dominic. Mate. Pal. Friend.

Best display of target man/pressing/selflessness/work rate/engaging the centre halves I have seen in a long long time.

Will be a complete forward in my opinion.

I'm hoping so as well, thinking the biggest area of his game that needs work is his finishing right now. Very promising player.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Paddock said:

His finishing is fucking dreadful, he’s missed chance after chance. He’s not good enough to be starting.

He needs to be central with someone next to him. He's never going to be a great striker because he can't finish, which you have it or you don't, but he can be a good one with the other qualities he has such as his hold up play, aeiral threat, speed and quick feet.

7 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

He needs to be central with someone next to him. He's never going to be a great striker because he can't finish, which you have it or you don't, but he can be a good one with the other qualities he has such as his hold up play, aeiral threat, speed and quick feet.

He’s not good enough to deserve a starting place the way we set up, it’s not the lads fault, he tries and is being asked to do a job he’s not natural at but he is not a natural finisher either.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, hafnia said:

One of the best things he's got going for him is attitude. Proper Everton striker in the making - the attributes are there to be a classic number 9.  Fearless, good in the air, hard working, a goal will do him good and I'm having a fiver on him scoring today..

I'd sacrifice every single one of those attributes for him to be more clinical. That will hopefully come with age.

In football as in life it's self the old adage is if your good enough your old enough, unfortunately sticking the ball in the net is his downfall and that's something you can't coach you've either got that in your game or you haven't.

For me I don't see him being the number one striker we are looking for, he has some good attributes to his game and is good on the eye but he doesn't do the one thing that's important score goals which is the hardest thing for any striker to do, it's like he talks the talk but can't walk the walk, where as Lukaku didn't really talk the talk but could walk the walk if you get my drift.

Four goals so far this season and two assists is a good return for him.

one of my favourite players at the moment and one that I genuinely am happy to see on the team sheet. Proper team player. Once he gets off the mark in the premier I can see him kicking in.

T Hennry couldn’t hit a barn door in his early days. Finishing is something that can be taught. First touch and technicality is something a player needs to be born with, but finishing can be taught and is something that as fans, we have witnessed through our entire lives.