IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

One of the best things he's got going for him is attitude. Proper Everton striker in the making - the attributes are there to be a classic number 9.  Fearless, good in the air, hard working, a goal will do him good and I'm having a fiver on him scoring today..

He is good in the air and getting to the ball, but not good enough at directing his headers. I've noticed he's managed to miss a fair few aerial chances in his games. 

Just now, hafnia said:

Now there's a loaded post eh.

I wouldn't.... it's a bit tiring watching a striker give the ball away all the time.

Not loaded in the slightest. I just want my strikers to score goals first and foremost, the rest is secondary. 

It might be tiring watching them give the ball away, but it's fucking shit watching them miss chances to score.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Four goals so far this season and two assists is a good return for him.

one of my favourite players at the moment and one that I genuinely am happy to see on the team sheet. Proper team player. Once he gets off the mark in the premier I can see him kicking in.

T Hennry couldn’t hit a barn door in his early days. Finishing is something that can be taught. First touch and technicality is something a player needs to be born with, but finishing can be taught and is something that as fans, we have witnessed through our entire lives.

Agreed....  Mr Kane doesn't seem to be doing too bad for someone who couldn't hit a bulls arse with a banjo 4 years ago...

Fortunately I think DCL has a similar attitude to Kane.  Like Kane he has a solid all round game as a foundation. 

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It’s absolutely criminal that we’ve left it so that he is our main striker.

I feel for him, he’s giving his all but it’s just not good enough and he shouldn’t be under the sort of pressure we’ve placed him under. 

Exactly. He’s not good enough but it’s not his fault. He should be getting cameos when we’re winning to get him used to this level. Instead he’s exected to be our main striker.

Way out of his depth through no fault of his own.

Massive weight of expectation thrown on the lads shoulders due to managerial ineptitude 

He's got the makings of a decent striker I do think he will cut it at this level given time but he and more importantly we should have been in a position were he was loaned out to the Championship for a full season or two 

• 1 hour ago, Matt said:

He needs to go on loan and put of the spotlight. There's a player there but not showing it on the pitch 

This. I might be too harsh on him, but he should go to a quality Championship side that creates a bunch of chances to get experience working on his finishing and get confident

45 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I just don't think we are creating the clear cut opportunities that most strikers thrive on.

If he was missing sitters, I'd be pissed. But we aren't creating sitters.

Exactly this. I think he did amazingly with what he had served to him today. His close control is superb. 

If he starts missing chances then yep questions should be answered but we aren't giving him or anyone else enough opportunities to stick the ball in the back of the net in the first place. 

I hate to think how shit we would have been without him today. I also bet most of you were screaming for him to come on on weds when it was just Rooney up top as well.

47 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I just don't think we are creating the clear cut opportunities that most strikers thrive on.

If he was missing sitters, I'd be pissed. But we aren't creating sitters.

On the same page here. He is being slated for how poor his finishing is. But I am missing these easy chances he is missing.

1 hour ago, memmaclub2 said:

I know we bought him for peanuts so I don't mind him not being a prolific striker at prem level but he is the one getting all the chances. I would have thought Sandro deserved an equal run in the team. How do we expect any player to get used to the prem if they don't get game time regularly in their chosen position.

Spot on, Sandro was bought for peanuts as well and can’t get a game while rooney stinks the place up week in and out.  Sandro has goals in him, play the lad.

Rooney 756 mins 4 goals

DCL 701 mins 0 goals

Sandro 215 mins 0 goals

Niasse 197 mins 3 goals. 

On pure stats we should be starting Niasse, but in truth he's better from the bench against tired legs. It's hard to argue Rooney should be dropped for a striker who hasn't scored a goal. 

Rest of the team 0 goals. 

Has any other team gone 10 games without a goal from midfield/defence? 

• 2 weeks later...

Overlooked for England seniors in favour of Solanke. To be fair Solanke started and scored for U21s Friday but how often has he played for Liverpool this season? Interesting that Southgate is willing to give senior chances to Chelsea academy graduates (Abraham was poor v Germany by the way) while overlooking the likes of DCL and Gray. 

8 minutes ago, nogs said:

Overlooked for England seniors in favour of Solanke. To be fair Solanke started and scored for U21s Friday but how often has he played for Liverpool this season? Interesting that Southgate is willing to give senior chances to Chelsea academy graduates (Abraham was poor v Germany by the way) while overlooking the likes of DCL and Gray. 

Southgate is a hypocrite.... won' play Wilshire cos he isn't playing for arsenal but would call up drinkwater.....

I don't really get it with DCL. Works hard has pace but goal return at prem level is poor. I know he is young but so was lukaku Owen Rooney fowler etc. I think the he's young give him time shouldn't always allow him game time. Sandro scored enough goals last season to be given time to gel and work a system he can play in. Biases comes in and scores enough to keep his place. I think Sandro hasn't been given enough time he isn't suddenly shite. Also his true value was more 15million if we spent that money would he get more time. 

Its interesting how gylfi got time with bad performances but Sandro didn't. 

A striker needs a good run to get up to speed

Jury’s still out for DCL. But if he was missing sitters then I would agree. But he isn’t been, we haven’t been creating and it’s hatd to judge a player until he gets those chances. The goals he has scored have been composed finishes as well.

will be interesting to see how he does win a confident team around him. 

I agree Sandro needs more time and to have chances on the pitch.

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:48, memmaclub2 said:

I don't really get it with DCL. Works hard has pace but goal return at prem level is poor. I know he is young but so was lukaku Owen Rooney fowler etc. I think the he's young give him time shouldn't always allow him game time. Sandro scored enough goals last season to be given time to gel and work a system he can play in. Biases comes in and scores enough to keep his place. I think Sandro hasn't been given enough time he isn't suddenly shite. Also his true value was more 15million if we spent that money would he get more time. 

Its interesting how gylfi got time with bad performances but Sandro didn't. 

A striker needs a good run to get up to speed

DCL is playing in a very poor team... I don't think many strikers would prosper in it as it has stood. 

The ingredients are there for a very good player indeed.