IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

In what way? He' scored the odd goal and had the odd decent game but not contributed much at all.  Leggy and drops too deep. 

He's prospered in a poor team, one you admit many would struggle. Rooney has kept par with the rest of the league bar the strikers at the top teams. 

22 minutes ago, MC11 said:

This guy will be a flash in the pan. Him being in the side points to how bad a situation we're in.

Thing is he hasn't been a flash ... he hasn't done a macheda or branch or cadamarteri and caught attention by scoring a few goals.... he has been the opposite.

He has shown incredible maturity and aptitude for doing the type of forward play that is unusual for a lad so young... most kids score goals out of fearlessness.... his play is advanced for his age. His awareness of what' going on around him, his touch, ability to battle with experienced defenders is excellent.

At the very worst he will become a Graeme sharp type number 9 who will be a target man who the team can play off... I believe the goals will come. 

On 11/20/2017 at 11:49, London Blue said:

Needs a loan to get the experience of scoring goals we know he has in him, can come back and be a real player for us.

It's a shame I don't see our striker problems being resolved fully, and I'd expect him to be in and around our first team for the next couple of seasons. 

Also he had not really scored many goals in League two, maybe he will never be a goal scorer, and more of a supporting target man. I appreciate he was and still is young, but I don't think we signed him for his goalscoring ability, but instead his physical prowess, and his ability to win balls and hold things up. 

I like DCL and I think he will in the coming years be a good player for this league. I just don't think he will ever be a 20 a goal season striker. 

1 hour ago, Aidan Lewis said:

It's a shame I don't see our striker problems being resolved fully, and I'd expect him to be in and around our first team for the next couple of seasons. 

Also he had not really scored many goals in League two, maybe he will never be a goal scorer, and more of a supporting target man. I appreciate he was and still is young, but I don't think we signed him for his goalscoring ability, but instead his physical prowess, and his ability to win balls and hold things up. 

I like DCL and I think he will in the coming years be a good player for this league. I just don't think he will ever be a 20 a goal season striker. 

a troy deeney or karim benzema player that is a creator striker.  makes sense.  just need the wingers/other forwards to knock em in.

53 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

I agree. He gets in the right spots and is good at winning balls... but he had a couple of chances that he probably should've converted against Palace.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the game... the lad impresses me immensely.

Tremendous attitude - for such a slight lad he offers more all round physicality than any of our strikers have done for quite some time. 

Great leap, uses his body smartly, decent aggression.  Other parts of his game are coming on really well.... awareness, movement, the goals will come without being prolific.

Ive said before he reminds me of Graeme Sharp.

57 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Watched the game... the lad impresses me immensely.

Tremendous attitude - for such a slight lad he offers more all round physicality than any of our strikers have done for quite some time. 

Great leap, uses his body smartly, decent aggression.  Other parts of his game are coming on really well.... awareness, movement, the goals will come without being prolific.

Ive said before he reminds me of Graeme Sharp.

Would like to see him beef up a bit but I'm sure he will with time. He's brilliant in the air.

I couldn't have been happier that he got a goal yesterday. He really deserved it for the effort he put in.

Sometimes the quality isn't there with him - his finishing isn't where we need it to be, and sometimes his ball control is horrendous - but he never stops, he never hides, and he gives 100%, 100% of the time.

I like him a lot.

On 03/12/2017 at 20:51, Romey 1878 said:

I couldn't have been happier that he got a goal yesterday. He really deserved it for the effort he put in.

Sometimes the quality isn't there with him - his finishing isn't where we need it to be, and sometimes his ball control is horrendous - but he never stops, he never hides, and he gives 100%, 100% of the time.

I like him a lot.

But some of his touches are incredible - the way he’s brought a long ball down whilst rolling his defender is remarkable - his goals and assists are improving as the season goes. He’s shown a steady platform to develop upon and I still believe we have been heavily over dependent on him and he’s not let us down.

13 minutes ago, Btay said:

But some of his touches are incredible - the way he’s brought a long ball down whilst rolling his defender is remarkable - his goals and assists are improving as the season goes. He’s shown a steady platform to develop upon and I still believe we have been heavily over dependent on him and he’s not let us down.

Correct, that’ll be why I said sometimes ;) 

against west ham (ive spotted a few times before as well) I noticed that the only times he was losing an aerial duel was due to him jumping that bit early, this majorly improved against Huddersfield.

One of my mates is convinced he could be a Harry Kane type, Kane got around 5 goals in his first season then went on to being what he is, DCL is already doing better than that. I really hope we do have a superstar on our hands.

4 hours ago, aaron said:

against west ham (ive spotted a few times before as well) I noticed that the only times he was losing an aerial duel was due to him jumping that bit early, this majorly improved against Huddersfield.

One of my mates is convinced he could be a Harry Kane type, Kane got around 5 goals in his first season then went on to being what he is, DCL is already doing better than that. I really hope we do have a superstar on our hands.

It's not surprising that Koeman, Everton and the England coaches rate him so highly. 

9 hours ago, aaron said:

I agree he wins the majority of balls played up to him in the air, we just need to be first to the flick on more frequently,  hope he continues to delveop his game with us. Some have mentioned he needs to bulk up a bit, he had to change his shirt at either the Burnley or Arsenal game ( can't remember which one) he is very toned,  it doesn't show when he's wearing a shirt, a couple of extra kilos will make him more of a handful for defenders.