IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

He is highly rated at the club apparently, so I think they will be happy to see him playing from the bench and in cups to get experience with our first team.

were always a bit quick to throw our youngsters into loans, but hopefully with the new DOF trying to build a sustainable team, we will see them getting chances here.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

He is highly rated at the club apparently, so I think they will be happy to see him playing from the bench and in cups to get experience with our first team.

were always a bit quick to throw our youngsters into loans, but hopefully with the new DOF trying to build a sustainable team, we will see them getting chances here.

It's the only way younger players who aren't upto it yet get experience and hopefully better....

His finishing is poor and we can't afford to play a striker who struggles finishing if we want to push on, the odd sub appearance and cup game won't see him turn a corner he needs minutes under his belt imo 

He's a talented lad who has some great attributes let him learn his craft without the pressure of such a key position at this level 

8 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

It's the only way younger players who aren't upto it yet get experience and hopefully better....

His finishing is poor and we can't afford to play a striker who struggles finishing if we want to push on, the odd sub appearance and cup game won't see him turn a corner he needs minutes under his belt imo 

He's a talented lad who has some great attributes let him learn his craft without the pressure of such a key position at this level 

If he is technically poor he is better staying here with better coaches and training facilities. If it is confidence, then going away and getting goals will do him a world of good. I think its probably a bit of both but more so his confidence than anything.

I expect Silva will want to see him in preseason before makig a decision. He could be a big player in his system if he can chip in with goals. 

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

Wtf you on about is this your Steven Hawkins moment on what mathematically makes a striker.😉

I was enquiring about Wiggytop's comment previously, I am not sure you will understand this statement if you are still smoking odd substances ;)

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

I think this is where we have gone wrong over the last five years. We loan players out who are close to the first team, instead of letting them work with us and fight to get into the team.

I agree with Bailey in thinking that he would be better training with premier league players and staff. 

He is a very good player already, and needs the benefit of being pushed by higher standard players. Dowell, I get. He was nowhere near the first team and needed to experience the hardship of regular matches. Dominic has already experienced that, he knows how to work hard and graft... it’s thw fine adjustments he needs now.

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

If he is technically poor he is better staying here with better coaches and training facilities. If it is confidence, then going away and getting goals will do him a world of good. I think its probably a bit of both but more so his confidence than anything.

I expect Silva will want to see him in preseason before makig a decision. He could be a big player in his system if he can chip in with goals. 

I have to disagree mate, you only truly get better at something if you actually do it

You can tell he's falling short technically, it's no good having a lad with decent potential who's falling short in such a vital area sitting on the bench making the odd appearance expecting him to get drastically better through training alone 

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

I think this is where we have gone wrong over the last five years. We loan players out who are close to the first team, instead of letting them work with us and fight to get into the team.

I agree with Bailey in thinking that he would be better training with premier league players and staff. 

He is a very good player already, and needs the benefit of being pushed by higher standard players. Dowell, I get. He was nowhere near the first team and needed to experience the hardship of regular matches. Dominic has already experienced that, he knows how to work hard and graft... it’s thw fine adjustments he needs now.

I can't think of many if any young fringe players over the last five or so years that would have made the grade if given more first team action....

I like the lad but can we really afford the luxury of hoping he will come good and polish his finishing etc from making the odd cup appearance or from the bench!? 

I don't think the club have done anything wrong with young players (as others have also said) if aything quite the opposite, the lad is 21 not 17/18 he won't improve massively from now on so it's vital he hones his craft whilst he still can 

I think the fact we can’t think of any shows we have been doing something wrong. 

I see what your saying, I just don’t agree.

I watch City bringing you g lads through and giving them vital exposure with the first team. City, Utd and Shite have also been doing it for years.

The difference is that I see him as being a very good player. Good in the air, good with his control, willing to take a player on and has a trick or two as well. 

His shooting needs refining, he isn’t hitting the stands, he is missing by inches. He needs time with premier league players for me as his skills need refining. He doesn’t need teaching. Loans are to teach young lads the hustle and bustle of league football and as you say... he is 22 not 17/18. 

You could be right, you could be wrong.

3 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

I have to disagree mate, you only truly get better at something if you actually do it

You can tell he's falling short technically, it's no good having a lad with decent potential who's falling short in such a vital area sitting on the bench making the odd appearance expecting him to get drastically better through training alone 

Technique is learnt on the training ground and through quality coaching. Games are about putting that training to the test and being able to apply it under pressure. If he can score on the training ground but not on the pitch then he could do with beig loaned. If he cant score on the training ground then he needs more coaching or repositioned. If he cant score on the training ground he isnt suddenly going to be able to score goals on loan. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Add him to the injury list as well.

I'm wondering all these injuries are because of a lack of fitness and the players are struggling to adapt to the new training regimes, like when Koeman took over. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dominic-calvert-lewin-potentially-adds-15139402

Cutting the squad so dramatically in 1 window is starting to look a little worrying.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm wondering all these injuries are because of a lack of fitness and the players are struggling to adapt to the new training regimes, like when Koeman took over. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dominic-calvert-lewin-potentially-adds-15139402

Cutting the squad so dramatically in 1 window is starting to look a little worrying.

I don't think so. A few of them are players that arrived injured, another is a broken foot, Keane has a fractured skull...

If they were all muscular injuries then I'd agree with you.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I might be in a minority but I thought he played really well for the team. He played better than Cenk has for the last couple of weeks and deserves to keep his spot.

One v one aside he done well. 

Noticed he doesn't get a fair deal with refs. Always fouled with nothing given and soft ones given against him. Davies had the same problem last year. Think refs are shit houses and find it easier to give the decisions against the younger players.

He was fucking useless he gave the ball away more times than he didn't missed an open goal (although cross was offside). I have never rated him he is too workman like for me. Runs a lot puts himself about but no end product. Cenk came on and had one very good shot. I agree cenk has not been that great but if 2-3 of his chances go in then he is earning his money. DCL lumbers about like a fucking giraffe and gives away too many free kicks. I would sell him and give the chances to the better players. How for fuck sake does he get a game on the wing ahead of lookman we really are trying to ruin him.