IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

20 hours ago, London Blue said:

Great goal for us today, good movement to find space, and a great header to direct it to the corner, and generate some pace.

There is a finisher in there, just needs games in order to develop those skills. 

He can definitely finish with his head, he just needs to find that skill with his feet!

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

He can definitely finish with his head, he just needs to find that skill with his feet!

Just about to say the same thing. Class in the air, good hold up play, causes a lot of problems but if he could have more composure with his finishing he'd be on track to be class.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like him because he doesnt stop battling all game and he is starting to take his chances now too. At the weekend though he seemed constantly on a different wave length to the others and most moves broke down as a result. 

Its tough because he probably needs a run of games with this squad of players but at the same time, can we justify starting him when every point matters?

44 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I like him because he doesnt stop battling all game and he is starting to take his chances now too. At the weekend though he seemed constantly on a different wave length to the others and most moves broke down as a result. 

Its tough because he probably needs a run of games with this squad of players but at the same time, can we justify starting him when every point matters?

To be fair he took his goal well but for me it wasn’t enough, he didn’t look dangerous all game and the goal saved him from the slating he was going to get, in fact some had already started before the goal. 

Unfortunately not good enough for this standard of football. 

36 minutes ago, Palfy said:

To be fair he took his goal well but for me it wasn’t enough, he didn’t look dangerous all game and the goal saved him from the slating he was going to get, in fact some had already started before the goal. 

Unfortunately not good enough for this standard of football. 

I agree with the first bit. Not sure about the last bit.

13 hours ago, aaron said:

Also only Gilfi has scored the same amount as him since last year....

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Yeah, it is a tough one. The numbers show that he's only getting better every time he's given a game, yet the energy towards him seems so negative all the time. If he can establish himself as a focal point that encourages the wingers to be more productive then I'd say he's worth the start. I watched the City match in patches so I can't comment on his whole performance but it seems like he's our best option as far as balance is concerned. 

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

Considering it’s a(nother) transition season, id say yes we can. It might not be easy watching but this season was and is about finding a good foundation again. 

59 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

I looked at the stats for goal scoring and he finds the net 132 minutes as opposed to richy who is 171. I never rated him but my gut says give him a run of 10-15 games and lets see if he sustains anywhere near that return. Also  if he gets the one yesterday that should have been given he is on 6 for the season.

i'm with you, my MOTM, he was bumping and grinding with their CB's and keeping them honest too.  i like that he doesn't back down.  he looks like he bulked up too, the lad is buff in the chest now.

27 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm with you, my MOTM, he was bumping and grinding with their CB's and keeping them honest too.  i like that he doesn't back down.  he looks like he bulked up too, the lad is buff in the chest now.

I have been his biggest crtitic and think he was given enough time last season but what i realised was that was in a side which didn't create chances. I agree with his attitude and I have never really faulted his workrate and aggression more his ability at finishing but having looked at the stats all be it over 10 games I think he has changed my mind. If he is given the rest of the season I can see him getting 15 -20 goals. The other thing having him gives us is richy plays in the wide position which he is much better suited too. I really wanted tosun to come good and but i don't think he can hack it in this league enough. Interestingly walcotts scored 4 this season in a better system I want him and richy on the wings as the first team and given DCL his game time.

7 hours ago, memmaclub2 said:

I have been his biggest crtitic and think he was given enough time last season but what i realised was that was in a side which didn't create chances. I agree with his attitude and I have never really faulted his workrate and aggression more his ability at finishing but having looked at the stats all be it over 10 games I think he has changed my mind. If he is given the rest of the season I can see him getting 15 -20 goals. The other thing having him gives us is richy plays in the wide position which he is much better suited too. I really wanted tosun to come good and but i don't think he can hack it in this league enough. Interestingly walcotts scored 4 this season in a better system I want him and richy on the wings as the first team and given DCL his game time.

I agree, I think this is our option to go for from now on, he does need to improve his finishing, but game time will give him that. His aerial prowess is something we need, he did a few nice flick ons yesterday bringing others into the game. His goal should have stood also, didn't see anything wrong live, and still can't on the replays. 

• 3 weeks later...