IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

He missed 3 big chances in the game. 2 set piece headers and the one on the stretch. Only one was on target and it was straight at the keeper. If we had lost that game then I think the reaction would have been slightly different. 

Fwiw I think these games show him at his best as they did last season. Limited touches, more space to play and they bring his athleticism to the fore over his quality. Its a great attribute to have (turning up for the big games) but he needs to have the same impact against the teams we should be beating as well.

I’ve said it before but I’m old enough to remember when Sharpie first came down from Dumbarton, a lot of people wrote him off early doors and it wasn’t until he was 23 and we signed Andy Gray that he really developed And went on to be one of our best ever CF’s.

DCL has achieved far more and has more in his locker now than Graham Sharp did at the same age. I’m not for one minute suggesting he will go on to be as good as him but he definitely has the potential to be a top drawer CF

We just need Pete0 to start slagging him off as a donkey and then we will really know we have a top talent on our hands 😜

8 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I’ve said it before but I’m old enough to remember when Sharpie first came down from Dumbarton, a lot of people wrote him off early doors and it wasn’t until he was 23 and we signed Andy Gray that he really developed And went on to be one of our best ever CF’s.

DCL has achieved far more and has more in his locker now than Graham Sharp did at the same age. I’m not for one minute suggesting he will go on to be as good as him but he definitely has the potential to be a top drawer CF

We just need Pete0 to start slagging him off as a donkey and then we will really know we have a top talent on our hands 😜

I've said he reminds me of sharpe & Kane.  Very well rounded player.

Look at giroud - DCL had the same tools in his pocket with the added bonus of pace.  He could be like Kane with more work on his finishing.

He's worth at least £25m now.  If solanke went for £19 then there's my rationale. 

47 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I've said he reminds me of sharpe & Kane.  Very well rounded player.

Look at giroud - DCL had the same tools in his pocket with the added bonus of pace.  He could be like Kane with more work on his finishing.

He's worth at least £25m now.  If solanke went for £19 then there's my rationale. 

I agree with all of this, but we would be stupid to let him go, we paid £27m for Tosun, DCL is a far more rounded player now and has the potential for a lot more, Tosun doesn't, and we would have to pay a lot more for improvement on DCL, Mitrovic is being touted at £40-50m in the papers. 

Kane has had the support of Son alongside him which takes some pressure off him, hopefully we will see the same with Richarlison  and Siggy continuing to get their decent goal return, if we get 15+ goals apiece from them next season I'd be happy, a trio of decent goal scorers will give  most teams a tough time. As we saw on Sunday consistency is what we really need.

46 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

I agree with all of this, but we would be stupid to let him go, we paid £27m for Tosun, DCL is a far more rounded player now and has the potential for a lot more, Tosun doesn't, and we would have to pay a lot more for improvement on DCL, Mitrovic is being touted at £40-50m in the papers. 

Kane has had the support of Son alongside him which takes some pressure off him, hopefully we will see the same with Richarlison  and Siggy continuing to get their decent goal return, if we get 15+ goals apiece from them next season I'd be happy, a trio of decent goal scorers will give  most teams a tough time. As we saw on Sunday consistency is what we really need.

Oh no... I'm not suggesting for one second to sell. Let Tosun go - prob get £20m back for him.  DCL is part of the future of the club. 

13 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

We just need Pete0 to start slagging him off as a donkey and then we will really know we have a top talent on our hands 😜<span><span>

You jest but I was in the minority that said he should be starting over Tosun. 

Looking miles better these past 3 or 4 games, but he needs to keep on doing it. He's got a long way to go yet and this is the best glimpse of what he can do he has given us so far.

I'm still on the fence. He's a brilliant athlete, quick on the ground, brilliant in the air, boasts a good bit of flair for a lad his size, but needs to fill out so he doesn't get bullied so easily on the ball. I think he needs to sacrifice a bit of his pace for strength.

He's not shown enough ability when finishing with his feet. 6 goals so far this seasson with 4 of those coming from his head. He needs to develop that in the next couple of years otherwise we will just have a utility player on our hands. He's got a long long way to go to be our starting number 9, and I'm not sure he has what it takes.

I hope I am able to eat my words though, because he's got a good attitude, seems to want to learn and looks to be an influential member of the squad.

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

You jest but I was in the minority that said he should be starting over Tosun. 

Bailey said he earned his place ahead of Cenk. You said he is a terrible finisher but other parts of his game are good and that he is ideal for a club like Burnley. 

52 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Bailey said he earned his place ahead of Cenk. You said he is a terrible finisher but other parts of his game are good and that he is ideal for a club like Burnley. 

Do you not agree he'd be better off playing for Burnley than us? Four out of his six goals are with his head. 

Don't know why you reference Bailey. I said it at the start of the season based on the attributes of the strikers we've got DCL should be first choice. You said Tosun... 

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Do you not agree he'd be better off playing for Burnley than us? Four out of his six goals are with his head. 

Don't know why you reference Bailey. I said it at the start of the season based on the attributes of the strikers we've got DCL should be first choice. You said Tosun... 

How do you guys remember these things? Notepads is my guess:unsure:.

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Post them up... and again.... can you answer the question- is gana the worst player to pull on a blue shirt.   

Don't mention strawmans or tinmen or that you have answered it elsewhere ... is gana the worst player to pull on a blue shirt. 

33 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Post them up... and again.... can you answer the question- is gana the worst player to pull on a blue shirt.   

Don't mention strawmans or tinmen or that you have answered it elsewhere ... is gana the worst player to pull on a blue shirt. 

Give it a rest, Haf. You know he's said it, he either still believes it or know's he over-exaggerated. What difference does it make you repeating yourself other than annoy everyone else?

23 hours ago, nogs said:

Incredibly harsh. He did well to head the second down and on target and got an assist as a result. 

He didn't need to jump more than six inches for the 2nd one and was in the six yard box in the middle of the goal, the thing he did well was be in the right place at the right time it would have been harder to miss the target.

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

He didn't need to jump more than six inches for the 2nd one and was in the six yard box in the middle of the goal, the thing he did well was be in the right place at the right time it would have been harder to miss the target.

This.

If you watch the replay, he was marked. He  makes a slight feint and it earns him half a yard. This gives him a free jump. After that, he needs to get it on target and low down.... and he does.

Paul Rideout used to do it a lot for us. Win the first ball and keep it in play. 

On 19/03/2019 at 09:49, hafnia said:

Oh no... I'm not suggesting for one second to sell. Let Tosun go - prob get £20m back for him.  DCL is part of the future of the club. 

Good we're on the same page on him them. A few have mentioned getting an older experienced striker for DCL to learn from and take the pressure off him a bit, in the same way that Sharpy benefited from Andy Gray, questionnis who and does that suit our style of play?

I do think big Dunc should be able to do it on the training ground but not in match's

Dzeko at the right price and wages is a good shout, maybe Vardy, although I think he's a yard dog and seems to be a shit stiirer at Leicester.

29 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Good we're on the same page on him them. A few have mentioned getting an older experienced striker for DCL to learn from and take the pressure off him a bit, in the same way that Sharpy benefited from Andy Gray, questionnis who and does that suit our style of play?

I do think big Dunc should be able to do it on the training ground but not in match's

Dzeko at the right price and wages is a good shout, maybe Vardy, although I think he's a yard dog and seems to be a shit stiirer at Leicester.

Don’t want Vardy anywhere near our team. 

33 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Dzeko is a shout.... giroud is free in summer. 

13 minutes ago, Btay said:

Don’t want Vardy anywhere near our team. 

OK I understand, and agree, it was purely on his finishing I was looking at.

9 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Dzeko is a shout.... giroud is free in summer. 

Giroud is a good shout, but he wont come to Merseyside unless he leaves his missus, she's said she won't live anywhere except London in the U.K. 

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

This.

If you watch the replay, he was marked. He  makes a slight feint and it earns him half a yard. This gives him a free jump. After that, he needs to get it on target and low down.... and he does.

Paul Rideout used to do it a lot for us. Win the first ball and keep it in play. 

Paul is a friend of mine known him since he played for Swindon.

14 hours ago, Palfy said:

Paul is a friend of mine known him since he played for Swindon.

Can’t tell if your telling the truth or taking the piss haha!

If true. He was one of the players who served a purpose, you could hit a ball long to him, knowing that he would win it 9/10. This allowed otherforwards to work of him. Having that presence in the box at a corner allows players like Richarlison to poach.