IGNORED

Jablonec (Away - Pre season)

gethinO

Which makes niasse poor play all the worse. I'm rooting for him to come good but he just looks awful.

He done well to get past 2 or three in the box to get a shot off is the only positive so far. Although i could see him developing into a hustle and bustle type AM and rough up teams when we're getting bullied by the likes of West Brom.

Seriously, how bad is Niasse? I'm astounded we've pissed 13 million up the wall on him. We need to cut our losses on him ASAP cos the thought of him being paid 40k a week makes me feel physically sick.

Martinez has fucking destroyed every bit of good work Moyes done at Everton, he's a fucking joke he's a cheeky bastard wanting a pay off he should hang his head in shame.

Seriously, how bad is Niasse? I'm astounded we've pissed 13 million up the wall on him. We need to cut our losses on him ASAP cos the thought of him being paid 40k a week makes me feel physically sick.

Martinez has fucking destroyed every bit of good work Moyes done at Everton, he's a fucking joke he's a cheeky bastard wanting a pay off he should hang his head in shame.

Now I'm not defending him here for one moment... but in all fairness niasse is the only big transfer related risk he took at everton that, so far, has backfired.

It could be worse. We could have spent 30 million on andy carroll

Edited by AidanLewis

Now I'm not defending him here for one moment... but in all fairness niasse is the only big transfer related risk he took at everton that, so far, has backfired.

It could be worse. We could have spent 30 million on andy carroll

Aiden he is absolutely terrible mate, he would be lucky to get in a league 1 side add to that Mcgeady, Alcaraz and the high wages they are/were on and the shambolic way he's left the team he's got a cheek expecting a pay off.

He took a solid top 6 side and turned us into a bottom half team that defended like a pub side and became a laughing stock in 3 years flat. He gave contracts to the likes of Hibbert who never kicked a ball pissing more of the clubs money up the wall unnecessarly. The more it unfolds and you look at the way he left us the more infuriated I get by him and his amateur backroom team.

Honestly who knows how good he is. Martinez took exceptional players and ruined them, there might be a player in there somewhere.

Wages are a joke though, I agree. Thought it was closer to 60k?

Matt he is as far away from a premier league standard footballer as I am.

Aiden he is absolutely terrible mate, he would be lucky to get in a league 1 side add to that Mcgeady, Alcaraz and the high wages they are/were on and the shambolic way he's left the team he's got a cheek expecting a pay off.

He took a solid top 6 side and turned us into a bottom half team that defended like a pub side and became a laughing stock in 3 years flat. He gave contracts to the likes of Hibbert who never kicked a ball pissing more of the clubs money up the wall unnecessarly. The more it unfolds and you look at the way he left us the more infuriated I get by him and his amateur backroom team.

You've thought well to much into my comment pad.

As for niasse I'll judge him when he's had a fair chance.

Regardless of opposition it's always nice to get a win and a clean sheet. I've seen the goal but that's the only part of the game that I've managed to catch, hopefully some highlights appear on YouTube later this afternoon.

If Niasse was as useless as some people have made out today then he could well be moved on as early as this Summer I think. Koeman doesn't seem the type to carry passengers.

It doesn't matter that we only won 1-0. It doesn't matter that we won at all. Preseason is all about fitness, getting comfortable in a system, and figuring out who your players are, going forward. The interesting things to see in preseason are which young players step up to prove themselves. But, I don't think you can ever take too much from that, since most other players are simply going through the motions. Look at some of our impressive preseason performers over the past several years, and you will find big names like Francisco Junior and Conor McAleny.

What you don't want to see is players fucking up and making schoolboy mistakes or unable to keep up with even the slow pace of preseason play. We seemed to have avoided that across the board today, so that's all well and good.

Regardless of opposition it's always nice to get a win and a clean sheet. I've seen the goal but that's the only part of the game that I've managed to catch, hopefully some highlights appear on YouTube later this afternoon.

If Niasse was as useless as some people have made out today then he could well be moved on as early as this Summer I think. Koeman doesn't seem the type to carry passengers.

You have already seen all the highlights then!

Ridiculous statement.

We have no first team keeper, no back up at RB, at LB we have a player who can't defend backing up Baines who spent last season injured.

Centre half we have 3 first teamers, in which jags is getting to the end of his career and Stones is probably gone. In central midfield we have McCarthey (passenger last 2 seasons), Barry (who I assume will be in his last season), Gibson (who many people forget actually still plays for us and then are reminded by a new ridiculous contract), Cleverley, Besic and Barkley.

Along with thag we need a left sided winger along with another striker, providing Rom stays.

Were lacking a good 5 or 6 first team/rotation players. Our squad, in my opinion, IS very thin, do you think we're ready to start the premier league with this squad?!

Dillusional.

Edited by AidanLewis

We have no first team keeper, no back up at RB, at LB we have a player who can't defend backing up Baines who spent last season injured.

Centre half we have 3 first teamers, in which jags is getting to the end of his career and Stones is probably gone. In central midfield we have McCarthey (passenger last 2 seasons), Barry (who I assume will be in his last season), Gibson (who many people forget actually still plays for us and then are reminded by a new ridiculous contract), Cleverley, Besic and Barkley.

Along with thag we need a left sided winger along with another striker, providing Rom stays.

Were lacking a good 5 or 6 first team/rotation players. Our squad, in my opinion, IS very thin, do you think we're ready to start the premier league with this squad?!

Dillusional.

? / Robles

Coleman/ kid

Baines /Oviedo /Garbutt

Stones/Jags

Mori /Galloway

Deulofeu /Lennon

Mirallas / Tarashaj

Barry /Besic /Gibson /Ledson

Mccarthy /Cleverley /Dowell

Barkley /Davies

Lukaku /?

We only really need a back up striker and a keeper. New manager syndrome should help last year's slackers. I'd rather avoid getting squad players (striker aside) and use the kids. Stone exciting prospects coming through.

That said if a better player for the first team is available we should upgrade.

Edited by pete0

? / Robles

Coleman/ kid

Baines /Oviedo /Garbutt

Stones/Jags

Mori /Galloway

Deulofeu /Lennon

Mirallas / Tarashaj

Barry /Besic /Gibson /Ledson

Mccarthy /Cleverley /Dowell

Barkley /Davies

Lukaku /?

We only really need a back up striker and a keeper. New manager syndrome should help last year's slackers. I'd rather avoid getting squad players (striker aside) and use the kids. Stone exciting prospects coming through.

That said if a better player for the first team is available we should upgrade.

We're not going to win anything with kids. We have money now, we're not Moyes everton anymore. The funds are there, and depth and play the kids as and when they are needed or if they prove themselves in training.

Most of the kids you've mentioned will never be heard of again in 3 or 4 seasons, I promise you.

We're not going to win anything with kids. We have money now, we're not Moyes everton anymore. The funds are there, and depth and play the kids as and when they are needed or if they prove themselves in training.

Most of the kids you've mentioned will never be heard of again in 3 or 4 seasons, I promise you.

Alan Hansen!

I'd rather not do it the City /Chelsea way. It wouldn't be Everton anymore.

We've got the brightest generation of my lifetime. I'd happily drop Baines and Jags in favour of youth at the minute. In midfield Dowell or Davies should rotate for experience. United got rid of Kanchelskis to fit the kids in and benefitted in the long run, with the kids we've got I'd like to see us dip similar and build for the future.

I'd rather not do it the City /Chelsea way. It wouldn't be Everton anymore.

We've got the brightest generation of my lifetime. I'd happily drop Baines and Jags in favour of youth at the minute. In midfield Dowell or Davies should rotate for experience. United got rid of Kanchelskis to fit the kids in and benefitted in the long run, with the kids we've got I'd like to see us dip similar and build for the future.

There's ways and means of doing business without selling your soul to the devil. Adding depth by having 2 premier league slandered players in all positions without splashing stupid money on them isn't "doing a city" IMO.

Almost every other seasons everton believe "we've got the best kids in years" look at who has come through the ranks over the years. Barkley and Rooney are the only ones I can think of worth mentioning.

There's ways and means of doing business without selling your soul to the devil. Adding depth by having 2 premier league slandered players in all positions without splashing stupid money on them isn't "doing a city" IMO.

Almost every other seasons everton believe "we've got the best kids in years" look at who has come through the ranks over the years. Barkley and Rooney are the only ones I can think of worth mentioning.

id rather not have slandered players, no matter how good they are....

:P

I'd blame that on Moyes. We have one of the best academy's in the world. Vaughan and Rodwell were run into the ground. I'd class Coleman as a success, he wasn't known and pretty young when he came to us. Baxter and Mustafi weren't given enough game time to progress either. Anichebe and Ruddy have gone on to be bottom half players. Under Moyes we even turned Dier away.

If the below team started, i wouldn't be too worried.

Robles

Coleman Stones/Holgate Galloway Garbutt

Deulofeu Besic Davies Mirallas

Dowell

Lukaku

If we can keep the team together we could go on to great things without splashing the cash on marquee players.