IGNORED

Steve Walsh (Director of football)

Sky have said we are in talks with about SIX players, 3 from each. Just having a poke around probably.

Carlos Bacca, MBaye Niang, Gianluca Lapadula, Ever Banega, Marcelo Brozovic and Jeison Murillo

Does anyone else think that's a load of rubbish? I mean, how much scouting do those players need and we been linked with half of them before. I reckon it will be someone completely different.

Does anyone else think that's a load of rubbish? I mean, how much scouting do those players need and we been linked with half of them before. I reckon it will be someone completely different.

A journalist ran through the archives, no doubt. Frankly, I don't believe a word of what I read in the papers during transfer windows (and this one hasn't even started yet).

Zapata from Napoli is being mentioned too.

Everton scout admits Bacca and Zapata 'interesting'

Everton scout Carlo Jacomuzzi admits Carlos Bacca and Duvan Zapata are "interesting" but the path to Dries Mertens has "now waned".

A top-level Toffees delegation landed in Milan on Wednesday for a series of meetings with Serie A clubs, including Fiorentina and Napoli as well as AC Milan.

Director of football Steve Walsh was pictured with Italian scout Jacamuzzi ahead of talks with Milan officials, which were expected to be about the fate of Gerard Deulofeu as well as potential signings.

M'Baye Niang has been linked to Everton recently but it seems as though Colombia hit-man Bacca could also be an option as he no longer seems to have a future at the San Siro.

And Jacomuzzi mentioned the names of three Napoli players in a chat to Radio CRC while also divulging that talks with Fiorentina were on the cards.

"Bacca and Zapata have interesting profiles, but [a move] for one would exclude the other," he said. "These days we will talk with AC Milan, Fiorentina, Napoli and other teams - we'll see if anything happens.

"We followed Dries Mertens and had spoken to his agent but that idea has now waned. Faouzi Ghoulam? Another dead end - he is now staying in Naples.

"The 25million that [Napoli president] Aurelio De Laurentiis asks for Zapata is too high, however everyone has the right to ask for what they want.

"This day we will have talks with several Italian teams, we talked with Milan, then we will also talk with Inter and Napoli.

"He could be an ideal player for the Premier League."

Edited by c1982

Yeah. Probably just names plucked from the bucket.

But I expect we'll be putting the feelers out for a target or 2.

Sky have said we are in talks with about SIX players, 3 from each. Just having a poke around probably.

Carlos Bacca, MBaye Niang, Gianluca Lapadula, Ever Banega, Marcelo Brozovic and Jeison Murillo

Be fair Newty, you just made those names up. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

After the January window I'm looking forward to comparing his 2 seasons worth of buys to Martinez first 2 seasons.  I think Martinez came out about even or a little in the positive in regards to his transfers (albeit in 3 years) We'll see for Walsh so far. 

Lukaku, Barry, and McCarthy were great finds. So far Pickford has been the only impressive one from Koeman. If anything Unsworth and whoever else in charge of the u23s have been more impressive than Koeman and Walsh. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Lukaku, Barry, and McCarthy were great finds. So far Pickford has been the only impressive one from Koeman. If anything Unsworth and whoever else in charge of the u23s have been more impressive than Koeman and Walsh. 

Morgan, too. He's not having a great season but we all know what he has to offer.

As for Pickford he's had a couple of great saves, but he's put us under pressure a LOT from his distribution. He's got a lot to learn.

14 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

As for Pickford he's had a couple of great saves, but he's put us under pressure a LOT from his distribution. He's got a lot to learn.

Not just me then? His distribution was supposed to be one of the big upgrades on Robles and it's just not there yet. 

49 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not just me then? His distribution was supposed to be one of the big upgrades on Robles and it's just not there yet. 

It was awful on Saturday. It's like he thought "it's one of the reasons I was brought in, so I've got to do it as often as possible." But a lot of the time it's just not on.

In regards to Walsh I'm judging him quite negatively tbh. He's not exactly signing players on the cheap that no one's heard of, like he was lauded for with Leicester. And the lack of striker this summer... well, that could fuck up our season and someone wants shooting for it.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

It was awful on Saturday. It's like he thought "it's one of the reasons I was brought in, so I've got to do it as often as possible." But a lot of the time it's just not on.

In regards to Walsh I'm judging him quite negatively tbh. He's not exactly signing players on the cheap that no one's heard of, like he was lauded for with Leicester. And the lack of striker this summer... well, that could fuck up our season and someone wants shooting for it.

Yeah I keep thinking where are all these cheap French league players?  That's his specialty right?  Instead we bought a bunch of English premier leaguers at top dollar.

Like did he only have that one list list of players that Leicester kept or something?  

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

Gana has not been good? Jury's still out on Keane but I think he will be a cornerstone in our defence for years.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Any chance you think that some of the under the radar signings are the young players (18-20 year olds) that we've signed? Just a thought

5 hours ago, hafnia said:

Pickford will come good.  Koeman has put a lot of pressure on the new players with his set up etc. The fixtures haven't helped but neither has the manager. 

This for me 

I think the lads we've brought in are good players they need time to settle and a system that suits not just square pegs round holes to accommodate what he's got

1 hour ago, Quinn31 said:

Any chance you think that some of the under the radar signings are the young players (18-20 year olds) that we've signed? Just a thought

I'm sure they are, Walsh will definitely be working with Unsworth, as he does with Koeman, to bring players in, but I'm disappointed that no out of the box thinking seems to have been done in relation to the first team. I'm still smarting over Sigurdsson, sorry :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm sure they are, Walsh will definitely be working with Unsworth, as he does with Koeman, to bring players in, but I'm disappointed that no out of the box thinking seems to have been done in relation to the first team. I'm still smarting over Sigurdsson, sorry :lol: 

I just don't get his signing.... if we got him for £35m then ok... £45m and not having an idea on how to use him?

To be clear siggy is koemans man... he wanted him in Jan.