IGNORED

Steve Walsh (Director of football)

8 hours ago, rubecula said:

I don't like the idea of a director of football. 

My opinion is exactly the opposite. The problem with giving all footballing power to one man is what happens when that guy leaves? He signed all the players, possibly with the assumption he's not going to be here for long. Why should he care what sort of team his successor inherits? He could well be in the opposite dugout, after all. He will also have picked most of the backroom staff so most of them will leave as well. So a change in manager, either by sacking or by him simply moving to pastures anew means that there's a huge rebuild project. And because the average time a manager stays at a club in the PL these days is two or three years there would be exactly no continuity. 

Wenger and Hughes are the only managers who have been at their current clubs for more than three seasons (Hughes was appointed in 2013). And only Pochettino has been for three years, every other appointment has been in 2015 or later.

Oops, sorry. Some of the teams that haven't been in the PL for long have had a manager longer (Hughton 2014->, Dyche 2012->, Howe 2012->). Point still stands, on average a manager doesn't stay very long at a club.

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Reading comments from several places, I can't help but feel that our fans want things to happen unrealistically quickly.

The growing groans of discontent towards Walsh, Koeman and Moshiri suggest this.

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect wins against Atalanta, apollon whoever, Burnley, and Brighton. Its not acceptable to scrape an undeserved win against Bournemouth, nor is it to concede 9 goals against Chelsea, United and Spurs without scoring a goal. We haven't played well in a single game this season.

Its not unrealistic to expect us to improve with the time period we have had since summer. Koeman is to blame.

1 hour ago, Aidan Lewis said:

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect wins against Atalanta, apollon whoever, Burnley, and Brighton. Its not acceptable to scrape an undeserved win against Bournemouth, nor is it to concede 9 goals against Chelsea, United and Spurs without scoring a goal. We haven't played well in a single game this season.

Its not unrealistic to expect us to improve with the time period we have had since summer. Koeman is to blame.

And did I or anyone say it was unrealistic to expect wins against such teams? Or any of the things you've said actually?

The point I'm at is that if only Koeman was getting slated, then fair play. Then it's only about performances and results. 

But we have Walsh being questioned about his role. Moshiri again, and still, being questioned about his role/input/money...however you want to put it.

That's picking at more than just performances and results. That's the current infrastructure of the club. It won't all click into place straight away. It won't be a smooth, predictable journey. Never is, especially with Everton.

I know there's no space for rational thoughts at the moment...so I'll quietly sneak away.

10 hours ago, Newty82 said:

And did I or anyone say it was unrealistic to expect wins against such teams? Or any of the things you've said actually?

The point I'm at is that if only Koeman was getting slated, then fair play. Then it's only about performances and results. 

But we have Walsh being questioned about his role. Moshiri again, and still, being questioned about his role/input/money...however you want to put it.

That's picking at more than just performances and results. That's the current infrastructure of the club. It won't all click into place straight away. It won't be a smooth, predictable journey. Never is, especially with Everton.

I know there's no space for rational thoughts at the moment...so I'll quietly sneak away.

You're in the wrong place for composure mate! Everyone has lost their head.

14 hours ago, Newty82 said:

spot on newts, they all need a microscope on them.  Moshiri has opened the checkbook, but his big mouth and jim white stuff needs to be toned down.  bill has been quiet and just worked, he's good in my book.  walsh and koeman need looked at, both of them. 

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

spot on newts, they all need a microscope on them.  Moshiri has opened the checkbook, but his big mouth and jim white stuff needs to be toned down.  bill has been quiet and just worked, he's good in my book.  walsh and koeman need looked at, both of them. 

Haha.

I'm trying to say the opposite...that they all shouldn't be under the microscope at once!!!

For me, at this moment in time, Koeman needs the most scrutiny. He knows that himself. 

But as Evertonians, we do have a tendency to throw mud in all directions when things don't go well. 

8 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Haha.

I'm trying to say the opposite...that they all shouldn't be under the microscope at once!!!

For me, at this moment in time, Koeman needs the most scrutiny. He knows that himself. 

But as Evertonians, we do have a tendency to throw mud in all directions when things don't go well. 

the problem is in years past it was all on the manager, player recruitment and tactics/man management.  now they are split. tough to figure out whos fault shitty recruitment is.

On 17/10/2017 at 09:45, Aidan Lewis said:

You're in the wrong place for composure mate! Everyone has lost their head.

I haven’t lost my head, but I am more disappointed with how we are playing than I ever was with the previous few managers.

i also feel that Walsh has brought obvious signings rather than finding a signing.

Moshiri? Hmm, not sure yet. Early days so far.

4 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Moshiris work at this club shouldn't just be rated by his cheque book in transfers.

Think of the USM deal. Think about the stadium. There's more ways for him to be influential than simply opening his cheque book for transfers.

Fully agree with you Newty. ;)

7 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Moshiris work at this club shouldn't just be rated by his cheque book in transfers.

Think of the USM deal. Think about the stadium. There's more ways for him to be influential than simply opening his cheque book for transfers.

Spot on- he’s cleared the debt, moved us forward in terms of exposure and marketing and provided a much needed transfer budget- if (and it looks like it will ) theground comes off then the man deserves a lifetime of respect from blues.

I’m amazed anyone can doubt him- So far anyway.

3 hours ago, Paddock said:

Spot on- he’s cleared the debt, moved us forward in terms of exposure and marketing and provided a much needed transfer budget- if (and it looks like it will ) theground comes off then the man deserves a lifetime of respect from blues.

I’m amazed anyone can doubt him- So far anyway.

Sky have provided the transfer budget, but the rest is spot on.

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

Let's be clear..... FFP restricts his ability to throw money at transfers. 

An Owner can't do what Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour did anymore...

Even if he wanted to, Moshiri is worth $2 billion, does/can he (billionaires wealth is often tied up in illiquid assets or other securities that would result in a huge tax bill upon sale) really want to spend 30% of his net worth on player transfers?

I think apart from the actual transfer dealings his work has given us a real platform to progress. The deals on the training facility and sponsorships have actually made us half credible. The deal for the liver building was a materstroke and if he pulls the ground off then who can  ever criticise the man. I expect he isn’t happy with the cock ups either but I fully expect him to get it right. 

16 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I don't think you can't doubt Mohsiri other than how truthful he is being regarding transfers and targets.  

From a business perspective he is doing a grand job but he just needs to shut his mouth.

I think most owners need to keep themselves out of the limelight and concentrate on the business end of things.

That Chinese guy at Aston Villa was doing my nut in all Summer. Proper loves the limelight.