IGNORED

Steve Walsh (Director of football)

I'm sure that Walsh has had to learn things in his first DoF role, like anyone who takes a new role.

But to blame him for every transfer because you speculate what his job description is, while ignoring interviews he has given in which he describes how he works WITH the manager, is just a simpletons argument.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

On form I agree.

but as potential and ability:

Sigurdson is a proven premier player with seasons to prove it.

He failed at Spurs. Proven set piece taker at Swansea, and we don't have the aerial presence to use it. From open play he was as creative as Gareth Barry last season. 

Klaassen was a top player for a top European team. Just needs time.

Sandro was a much sought after player who had an excellent season before coming here.

Most likely all the other clubs scouts watched him, then didn't want him. 

Keane is a solid How so? and young CB who should improve (can't get any worse) and become a long term investment (financial burden) .

Vasic didn’t impress at all against us, but has turned out to be an excellent piece of business. But to no credit of the scouting team. 

Pickford has the makings of a top goalkeeper.

not saying that these players are destined to be greats, just that it’s easy to see why they were brought in. 

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

I get the impression you are not enamoured by any of our signings. I’m sharp like that!

time will tell Pete. The will fail miserably or prove something of themselves.

Vlasic looks a real prospect, as does Pickford. Just surprised how a team supposedly on the up is buying players that aren't as good as what's already here. 

Davies is better than Gana. 

Barry is better than Schneiderlin. 

Holgate is better than Keane. 

Mirallas is better than Sigurdssen. 

A £100 million down the swanny, without any improvement to the first team. If anything it's a step back as the signings are playing instead of their counterparts. Simply not good enough. 

Can’t argue with any of that. I hope we’re wrog and they progress.

i do think Keane will come good. A Jags type level.

i hope the Sandro hype was more than words. So far he has looked out of his depth, Niasse is a better option.

im listening to tigers regarding Siggu as others seem to think he has a lot to offer.

50 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Vlasic looks a real prospect, as does Pickford. Just surprised how a team supposedly on the up is buying players that aren't as good as what's already here. 

Davies is better than Gana. 

Barry is better than Schneiderlin. 

Holgate is better than Keane. 

Mirallas is better than Sigurdssen. 

A £100 million down the swanny, without any improvement to the first team. If anything it's a step back as the signings are playing instead of their counterparts. Simply not good enough. 

how do you rate Harry Kane nowadays Pedro?

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

how do you rate Harry Kane nowadays Pedro?

Not done anything since the last time I commented on him. Still scoring less than he should. He pounces on mistakes well, l bit like Niasse in that sense, but not as quick.

Didn't watch much of England's games. Heard he was still bollocks for them. 

A lot of people keep saying Keane has been one of the new boys who's looked decent.  Don't think I can agree.  A lot of mitigating factors for the rest of them (being played in all different positions, short summer, no pre-season etc)  Keane has none of those excuses.  He's been in his natural position since day one and got a full pre-season.   I'll concede he's had to deal with a lot of chopping and changing around him, but for me that doesn't excuse his levels. 

I've not been impressed by Keane at all.  Doesn't seem like the type of CB we all thought we were looking for.  Looks every inch a lower league, bottom of prem player. No pace, no passing range, slow on the turn, looks more like bambi than a footballer.  Don't see what he does that Duffy couldn't have done for us.  Happy to be proven wrong of course.

The rest I think look to have more about them, just need to find where they belong. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Not done anything since the last time I commented on him. Still scoring less than he should. He pounces on mistakes well, l bit like Niasse in that sense, but not as quick.

Didn't watch much of England's games. Heard he was still bollocks for them. 

Hahaha.... love it. 

One season wonder..... you said.

Boringly effective finisher who will always score goals due to an almost robotic approach to the game I said. 

Turns out.... the lad has actually practiced receiving the ball from almost every part of the pitch to the point that he instinctively knows what angle and trajectory he needs to leather the ball to give himself the best opportunity to test the keeper.... hence his shooting and goalscoring map being ridiculously varied as opposed to just in the box.

Thierry Henry did this at Highbury.....

11 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Hahaha.... love it. 

Boringly effective finisher who will always score goals due to an almost robotic approach to the game I said. 

Turns out.... the lad has actually practiced receiving the ball from almost every part of the pitch to the point that he instinctively knows what angle and trajectory he needs to leather the ball to give himself the best opportunity to test the keeper.... hence his shooting and goalscoring map being ridiculously varied as opposed to just in the box.

Reminds me of someone...

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Wasn't really referring to the players ;)

If you are referring to me and my opinion....  being that of someone who is a penno box operator, poor at hold up play, poor at controlling a ball but a good finisher.... it's always been that.

It's always been that such said player will always continue to struggle against better teams due to his inability to impact play on his own.... 

I stand by that to this day. 

1 hour ago, chicagoblue said:

A lot of people keep saying Keane has been one of the new boys who's looked decent.  Don't think I can agree.  A lot of mitigating factors for the rest of them (being played in all different positions, short summer, no pre-season etc)  Keane has none of those excuses.  He's been in his natural position since day one and got a full pre-season.   I'll concede he's had to deal with a lot of chopping and changing around him, but for me that doesn't excuse his levels. 

I've not been impressed by Keane at all.  Doesn't seem like the type of CB we all thought we were looking for.  Looks every inch a lower league, bottom of prem player. No pace, no passing range, slow on the turn, looks more like bambi than a footballer.  Don't see what he does that Duffy couldn't have done for us.  Happy to be proven wrong of course.

The rest I think look to have more about them, just need to find where they belong. 

I was won over by him last season at Burnley however as I have said a few times you have to be careful buying defenders from defensive teams because they often look better than they are. It's easy to defend when you have lots of protection not so much when you are 1 v 1.

Just now, Bailey said:

I was won over by him last season at Burnley however as I have said a few times you have to be careful buying defenders from defensive teams because they often look better than they are. It's easy to defend when you have lots of protection not so much when you are 1 v 1.

I've been impressed by Keane, but he's certainly suffered from the mess in front of him, and the rotation of the RB and CB partner. A bit of stability will see him, like the rest, shine.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've been impressed by Keane, but he's certainly suffered from the mess in front of him, and the rotation of the RB and CB partner. A bit of stability will see him, like the rest, shine.

Yep -- given that he's primarily on the right side, and our RB situation isn't so great at the moment, I'm willing to give Keane some more time. I think he'll look a different player once Coleman is back.

59 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Hahaha.... love it. 

I'd score 10 goals for Spurs and I'm dreadful in front of goal. At every team bar Spurs he's been laughed at. Even at Spurs he's shite but gets away with it as they create that much even a poor striker will get a bag full. Take Eriksen away and what do you get? A not particularly fast runner who wastes an awful lot of chances. He'd not make Arsenal's bench, hence why they fucked him off. 

7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I'd score 10 goals for Spurs and I'm dreadful in front of goal. At every team bar Spurs he's been laughed at. Even at Spurs he's shite but gets away with it as they create that much even a poor striker will get a bag full. Take Eriksen away and what do you get? A not particularly fast runner who wastes an awful lot of chances. He'd not make Arsenal's bench, hence why they fucked him off. 

You must be better than Vincent Jansen then.....  you do crack me up peteo

12 minutes ago, hafnia said:

You must be better than Vincent Jansen then.....  you do crack me up peteo

Janssen played 90 minutes for Spurs three times and got 1 goal across the three, only 2 in total when you take all his sub appearances in to amount. Didn't you say you wanted him here, just needs 90 minutes and that he's similar to Giroud? 

Is Kane capable of scoring the same goals as Lukaku? No. 

Is Lukaku capable of scoring the same goals as Kane? More than. 

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Janssen played 90 minutes for Spurs three times and got 1 goal across the three, only 2 in total when you take all his sub appearances in to amount. Didn't you say you wanted him here, just needs 90 minutes and that he's similar to Giroud? 

Is Kane capable of scoring the same goals as Lukaku? No. 

Is Lukaku capable of scoring the same goals as Kane? More than. 

Jansen has scored 2 goals in just shy of 900 minutes for spurs. Call that 10 games worth eh.....

Surely.... now surely a player of a standard that I seem good enough for us to sign would plunder more goals than that for a team who has Christian eriksen who apparently could make Brett angel a golden boot winner? 

Now that must be the case because the only reason Kane scores goals is because its really easy to do it at spurs???  Maybe that's not the case. 

I'm trying to understand what goal lukaku can score that Kane can't? Well given the fact that lukaku scored just 2 goals from outside the box in 2 years for us puts that one to bed. 

Talking shite Pete....