IGNORED

Steve Walsh (Director of football)

This was the article on Moyes Scouting system. I betbthis went with Moyes and now needs to be rebuilt by Steve Walsh.

Hopefully you can appreciate by reading it that building this kind of thing is going to take time!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/scouting-system-that-reveals-david-moyes-mind-8756011.html

Edited by Trigger

What I really don't get about people criticising Walsh because we haven't made big enough signings to satisfy their FM fetish is them using Mahrez and Vardy as examples. Leicester were a Championship club when those two were signed and paid absolute peanuts for them. They were unknowns, if we'd gone out and spent half a million on an Algerian winger from Ligue 1 obscurity you'd be going ape shit! For all we know the lad from Sheff Utd could be the next Shearer. I don't really think half of you know what you're arguing.

you said if we knew someone wasn't coming then get others lined up..... we did that and again the deals never happened. Its the steve walsh thread and for some reason a man who is 40 odd days into his job is getting grief for our window.

Lined up as in to get over the line.

Once again I would love to know how many of these we were really in for.

Lined up as in to get over the line.

Once again I would love to know how many of these we were really in for.

So basically your issue is that you dont trust moshiri and think that we werent in for these players?

http://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2016/9/7/12833886/everton-transfer-rumours-manolo-gabbiadini-nikola-kalinic

Im sure we could have got them all if we threw enough money at them...is that the right way? Essentially getting deals over the line is making sure all parties are satisfied financially.

So basically your issue is that you dont trust moshiri and think that we werent in for these players?

http://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2016/9/7/12833886/everton-transfer-rumours-manolo-gabbiadini-nikola-kalinic

Im sure we could have got them all if we threw enough money at them...is that the right way? Essentially getting deals over the line is making sure all parties are satisfied financially.I'

I'm very relieved we didn't get Kalinic.

Me to, but I get the impression some people would have been happier if we had bought him for £150M and put him on £66k a week if that's what it would have taken to get the deal over the line

I'm all for spending money, but not spending money on shite. It was bad enough what we spent on Bolasie but at least he has something about him, something worth watching, I'd have been horrified at the price we'd have paid for Kalinic because there's not much there at all. Kone is a better back-up.

My feelings exactly.

If Porto had been asking for an extra £500k for Brahimi I would have been one of those saying just pay the money but trying to stick an extra £10M on top of an already over inflated price was taking the piss

Yeah, that much extra is just taking it too far and I'm glad we didn't relent.

something tells me that a lot of our fans would be skint not too long after winning the lottery.

To me the following is key:-

"sign the right player who wants to come for the right reasons"

If money is their motivation then you will probably get a Manchester City version of Robinho rather than the Manchester city version of David Silva.

With regards to other clubs whacking on £10m after agreeing a deal..... if we paid that then we would be considered push overs, every club would try and rinse us every deal after that. Agents would smell blood and start creating mischief.

we did the right thing... the squad is strong bar up front. That's said, Kone looks a different player, fitter, quicker... lets see eh.

glad that agent spoke out. all the rash evertonians getting pissed we didn't spunk 100m are being shown to be idiots. we tried hard as hell to sign all the way down to 5th 6th choice, that's the ransom some clubs were trying to hold us too. also goes to show we have a nice depth chart for the replacements, some clubs (arsenal) have 1 or 2 targets and shit themselves when they go upside down.

Im sure we could have got them all if we threw enough money at them...is that the right way? Essentially getting deals over the line is making sure all parties are satisfied financially.

Given Koeman's contradictory comments today regarding Sissoko (compared to McCarthy is family Mohsiri) I don't trust anything that comes from them to be honest.

I'm confident that Koeman wont talk shit but as for the board members / agents etc... not the slightest

• 4 weeks later...

Sack him.... he never signed any superstars in his 6 weeks he had to scout players who weren't playing football. As for Moshiri - he's a fraud, don't know how he's a billionaire - he doesn't know what he's doing.

:guns:

Moshiri couldn't get a stadium planned, negotiated, and built in six months while simultaneously managing numerous other business ventures! Moshiri out!

Moshiri couldn't get a stadium planned, negotiated, and built in six months while simultaneously managing numerous other business ventures! Moshiri out!

He has been a bit disappointing to be honest - I mean aside from getting an underperforming manager out, a new one in, a new DOF, kick-starting the stadium negotiations, overseeing the signatures of 3 players and basically instilling a more "Business like look" look to the "Peoples club retirement home for overpaid - under utilised but long tenured players"..... what has he done?

Personally - if by end of January he doesn't spend £200m of his own personal fortune on players, whilst getting a massive fine for breaching FFP regulations whilst actually getting into a JCB and digging the foundations in Bramley docks himself then I will be calling upon the blue union to deliver him a 10 month birthday cake dressed up as a clown.