IGNORED

Moussa Sissoko

If and it's a big if he can consistently replicate his Euro form then I'd be all for it as a swap +cash for McCarthy but I very much doubt he's be able to do it

Played shite for Newcastle and only showed up when the world's sporting spotlight was on him obviously putting himself in the shop window

I'd be disappointed if he's genuinely a target for the money being touted

Having a few half-decent games for a 3-week spell in that France team alongside the likes of Pogba is one thing (and it should be said they only beat one good team all tournament). Doing it in the Premier League on a consistent basis is something else and he has shown he doesn't do that. 30 million is fucking madness. Really hope this doesn't come off.

SISSOKO UPDATE

Sky sources understand Newcastle will sell Moussa Sissokoto Tottenham.

We understand Newcastle want £30m for the midfielder and the club will accept five payments of £6m per instalment.

Here we go! Everton are in talks with Newcastle to sign Moussa Sissoko, according to Sky sources.

Newcastle want £30 million for the France midfielder and are willing to accept payment in five installments of £6m.

It's more or less a copy paste of what they said earlier. Sign of hope?

For what it's worth.... when I was in France over the summer, local fans there have said he's always been great, and was turned to shit by Newcastle. Wouldn't be the strangest thing.

He won't bring the trickery we wanted from Brahimi, but he is a powerful unit and can certainly drive us forward. As I recall he can play more or less across the midfield line. Get him on a payment plan and it's basically like a paid loan. He does't work out there'll be teams abroad that will subsidize most of our cost on the deal.

Have faith! This could be the most important few hours of any deadline day. If morishi doesn't deliver the "it's an insane window" won't cut it with me

I mean in fairness we've already gotten Stekelenburg and Gueye on the cheap, both of which have played to a much higher value thus far, locked up Ailliams and splashed some cash on Bolasie.. It hasn't been a bad window imo.

That said, could really use a striker. I'm surprised about all the Sissoko / Brahimi talk rather than tons of activity surrounding goal scorers.

I mean in fairness we've already gotten Stekelenburg and Gueye on the cheap, both of which have played to a much higher value thus far, locked up Ailliams and splashed some cash on Bolasie.. It hasn't been a bad window imo.

That said, could really use a striker. I'm surprised about all the Sissoko / Brahimi talk rather than tons of activity surrounding goal scorers.

There's still time!

From Sky Sports News: Attention has shifted and Sissoko is the main target that Everton are after. They are the one team in negotiations with Newcastle, we understand. We understand that Newcastle are looking for £30m but that they would accept a deal that is structured around five payments of £6m each."

Lol - we can't help ourselves! What about 30 £1m payments over the next 100 years

From Sky Sports News: Attention has shifted and Sissoko is the main target that Everton are after. They are the one team in negotiations with Newcastle, we understand. We understand that Newcastle are looking for £30m but that they would accept a deal that is structured around five payments of £6m each."

Lol - we can't help ourselves! What about 30 £1m payments over the next 100 years

ffs this time yesterday it was brahimi and gabbiadini, now it's sissoko and valencia. What a come down.

Play him centrally and he'll potentially be a very good signing. Proper box to box player with power, pace and ability to get past players. Barry is great but this will probably be his last season and he's not going to play every game - Gueye, Barkley and Sissoko could be a very dynamic midfield trio for years to come.

Let's hope we get the player that outshone Kante, Pogba and Matuidi at the Euro's and not the player who played mostly on the wing over the last few seasons in a very disorganised and mismanaged Newcastle team.