IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

If someone plays their arse off for the club and goes beyond what we expect of them then they should be rewarded. If at work a person does really well they should get a pay rise (doesn't happen in reality but it should!)

All well and good, but if they have a shit season do we renegotiate the contract to lower their wages. Nope. It pisses me off.

He doesn't deserve a new contract yet . He has got off to a great start to his Everton career but he has only just signed a contract.

Review it at the end of the season maybe, but to offer him a new contract now is ludicrous

At the end if a bigger club come knocking it's our decision whether we sell or not, how much the player is on is irrelevant

Leicester chose to sell him, look what we did with Rom, if we don't want to sell we won't sell.

They didn't. They were obliged to sell him after his £20m release clause was triggered. A Chinese club offered £30m so chelsea had to match it.

If he is on £30k a week and after a top season (let's say he keeps this up) every top club will be telling his agent how much wages they are prepared to pay him.

If he could treble his wages he will get unsettled.... if we put him in the ball park with out breaking the bank it shouldn't be an issue.

They didn't. They were obliged to sell him after his £20m release clause was triggered. A Chinese club offered £30m so chelsea had to match it.

If he is on £30k a week and after a top season (let's say he keeps this up) every top club will be telling his agent how much wages they are prepared to pay him.

If he could treble his wages he will get unsettled.... if we put him in the ball park with out breaking the bank it shouldn't be an issue.

Yep. All the skint guys on here will have him sold and replaced with besic. We don't need to sell we have a billionaire so pay the big wages and lock him down.

Exactly, everything that happened with Kanye at Leicester was down to their own decisions. They put that clause in there, Everton haven't done that with Gana. Leicester left themselves open for that to happen, they chose £30m in the contract and it was met. They had already decided the year before that £30m was enough.

If Gana has no release clause and is on parity with his current team mates, why would we need to give him a new contract.

Been saying this for weeks. Agents run football this lad is getting serious attention already. It's all well and good saying wait till the end of the season. I'd see my arse if I'm on the same money as Gibson. Let's act like a proper club and get him locked in on a big five year deal. Saw goals on Sunday today with Tim sherwood who was raving about him

His stock has gone up something chronic. They talk about him on talksport as a proper "defensive midfielder".

That bell end wenger will be lining up a £14m double your money bid.

Hahaha the sad thing is he will and then when he's rebuffed he will act like the buffoon he is and say what's wrong, it's a profit for you. I can't stand that man anymore

MMMMmmmm, thought it was just Lukaku who was a scum bag !

Perhaps he's not that different after all.

Haha haha! If ever it needed confirming.

5 or 6 pages about a player who has arguably been our most impressive player.... and you make your first thread post when I mention something to do with lukaku....

Seriously - what is the score with you? Are you an Everton fan? Genuine question. The vast majority of posters have made a comment in here about gueye.

No wonder you hate me ha ha... your one main reason for making posts on here is a player i don't have much time for.

(Anticipates blue making half bothered posts elsewhere)

Edited by Hafnia

n

He is already signed up for the next 4 years

For me it all depends on what he's on and how he does the remainder of the season.

If he's on £30k a week and the likes of Gibson, mirallas and McCarthy are on £60k then there is a risk. Agents have a means of knowing how much other players are paid and leverage that in either creating disruption or negotiating rises.

He doesn't seem the sort to want to bail out. But that doesn't mean we should just say "you have 4 years - tough".... if he proves as he is doing that he's a top midfielder then we need to ensure he's paid accordingly.

Great players leave clubs because they feel undervalued. Sometimes it isn't greed it's principle. We did so well keeping moyes core of pienaar, baines, jags, arteta, Cahill because we ensured their salaries were moved in line with what other clubs would offer them.

It ensured they settled rather than thinking "I'm out of here as soon as I can.... I can earn £40k a week more at x club"

Anyone here post Gana's wiki article lol.

Idrissa Gana Gueye (born 26 September 1989) is the greatest premier league footballer of all-time and is also a Senegalese professional footballer who plays for English club Everton and the Senegal national team as a defensive midfielder. He will eventually go on to win the Premier league with Everton with his Manager, Ronald Koeman, in the 2016/17 season.

Here's the full link but someone may change it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idrissa_Gueye

High praise indeed, begs the question how did we manage to get him for £7m.

Shame because fans only get excited about players if there is a huge fee attached to their name. Honestly, so many fans derided our transfer window a failure because we didn't make multiple "marquee" (high fee) signings. Realistically, we added a number of good players who are all playing a part in a good start to the season (Stek, Gueye, Bolasie, Williams)