IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

Didn't Niasse have good stats???

If the Villa fans don't rate him then it's a no from me.

The bar of expectation is higher now so expect steak........yet we seem to be ordering spam.

Second the Russian League comment. And Niasse's stats weren't even that incredible; they were just better than average.

I don't know when Aston Villa fans became the moderators of good, but yeah, I'd rather trust a guy who just won a title at Leicester with 22 million pounds in his starting 11 than a bunch of fans who hate everyone in a squad that was just relegated for the first time in nearly 30 years.

Players who do this type of job just don't stand out unless you are really watching the game - is anyone telling me that they really watched Villa?

Villa fans watch villa and they're convinced he's an average player. Nobody was singing his praises.

He will have more interceptions etc than most , Villa got absolutely twatted almost every single game, if they wsre on average having 60 attacks a game against them compared to say Leicester averaging 30 he's bound to have more interceptions etc.

Stats are bollocks they can be twisted and made to look however you want them to.

He will have more interceptions etc than most , Villa got absolutely twatted almost every single game, if they wsre on average having 60 attacks a game against them compared to say Leicester averaging 30 he's bound to have more interceptions etc.

Stats are bollocks they can be twisted and made to look however you want them to.

Villa had 47% or 48% possession last year depending on where you look.

Leicester averaged 44.8% possession vs Villa 47.3% - Leicester had the second lowest pass completion in the league.

Its fair to say that both players have had a similar job to do from a tackling perspective.

He's supposed to have joined Villa for £9mill...but his release clause is £7.2mill?!

And you think our club is bad!!!

Relegation release clause, though. Basically says: "I'm joining you, but with major reservations. So, should the club go down, I'm getting my ass out of here and you can't stop me. So, if you still want me, put this in (in agent speak)."

Basically Villa couldn't have signed an in-demand player like him without the clause.

Relegation release clause, though. Basically says: "I'm joining you, but with major reservations. So, should the club go down, I'm getting my ass out of here and you can't stop me. So, if you still want me, put this in (in agent speak)."

Basically Villa couldn't have signed an in-demand player like him without the clause.

Yeah. It's still lunacy to put it in for less than what was paid. Allegedly (!!!!).

Delph? 3 goals and 6 assists in 5 years at Villa... but he fouled loads of players so they thought he wore the shirt with pride.

I used to think he was shite until he played against us for City at Goodison. He was immense. Underrated player

D

All the ITK's will be claiming this is 'THE' signing they keep referring to, but not one of them mentioned him prior to the story yesterday.

Stats do look great but to some, they mean absolutely fuck all. So we'll see .

Edited by Lowensda