IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

Barry only every into double figure for yellows in his latter years. 3 out of the last four seasons. Never before that. Gana is lb double two for two. I'd say Besic yellow was the type Gana gets. Stupid, that said the game needed something as we were sitting back an awful lot, Besic the only one trying to drive is forward.

Barry was smart, took one for the team.

Ffs.... here we are again debating a players quality by yellow cards.

Jagielka is shit cos he doesnt get many.... gueye is shit cos he gets too many.... Barry is good cos he gets a few.

So you think a yellow is a yellow end of?

Barry is a master of taking a yellow for the team. Gana gets one because he goes in wrong side of the man in stupid areas of the pitch. Same punishment but completely different scenarios.

Would you rather a player just let a man get away from them? Because that's what Jags does. Carvalho took loads at Chelsea looking out for his teammates. Distin got loads convering Jags. Jagielka is a joke of a captain who didn't help his team enough.

Pete... you think Barry's yellow cards were somehow honourable? Many of them were because he has no pace... yes he identifies the threat and acts accordingly but don't make out tgat he had both I g to do with the situation..

You have argued that yobo was a better defender than jags which quite frankly is a piss take.

Besic played the most ridiculous pass that led to a Chelsea goal tgat ive seen yet You are making out that he's the solution to our midfield... ahead of gana and schneiderlin.

Pete... you think Barry's yellow cards were somehow honourable? Many of them were because he has no pace... yes he identifies the threat and acts accordingly but don't make out tgat he had both I g to do with the situation..

You have argued that yobo was a better defender than jags which quite frankly is a piss take.

Besic played the most ridiculous pass that led to a Chelsea goal tgat ive seen yet You are making out that he's the solution to our midfield... ahead of gana and schneiderlin.

So Gana and Jags read the game as well as Barry? Nope and that's why there's a difference. A massive one.

Not really. Think I argued it well and gave all the relevant stats but you believe what you like. You've got to wonder why we do better without him though surely. Any one who thinks Yobo wasn't good is prone to reputation influences. Yobo didn't tie his shoe lace one time. Big deal Jags consistently lets players run past him and doesn't do enough for his defensive partner.

He's also no where near as good as Weir and Watson.

Not once have I said drop either of them for Besic. I'd have started Barry and Davies, proper footballers. McCarthy once for as well.

??? peteO you are definitely watching a different game than the rest of us, this is up there with the Piennar has the easiest job in football shout

Still everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose

We conceded far too many goals down the left with him and Baines caught out of position all the time.

I'd rather have Kilbane crossing it in than Pienaar flicking the ball to no one in particular.

We conceded far too many goals down the left with him and Baines caught out of position all the time.

I'd rather have Kilbane crossing it in than Pienaar flicking the ball to no one in particular.

Serious question... are you taking the piss or are you confusing Kevin kilbane with Kevin sheedy maybe?

Kilbane was a more effective footballer. I'd rather have a player win a corner than see a back heel to the opposition.

Nah he wasn't... absolutely zero comparison between them.

Pienaar won player of the year for us at a canter in 2009 to 2010.

I dare say kilbane would stuhhle to get 1 vote in such event.

If that was the case then naismith would have won one... the fact is it isn't.

In 2009 pienaar was outstanding and prior to that also.

Explain why lukaku won it then since he's not very good?

His best spell was on loan from Spurs. Unproductive otherwise. Spent more time giving the ball away and drink driving than he did doing anything for team. I'd bet he's a quality 5 aside player but in proper football he's a liability.

His best spell was on loan from Spurs. Unproductive otherwise. Spent more time giving the ball away and drink driving than he did doing anything for team. I'd bet he's a quality 5 aside player but in proper football he's a liability.

Check mate.

Lukaku won it because he scored 25+ goals... which i suppose is fair enough in my book but gana was my player of the season.

Lukaku isn't a very good footballer - he's a finisher... in the last 2 games where he has scored 3 goals the panel have slated his footballing contribution. Which is pissing me off.... he was ok to be a passenger at Everton but not at mighty Man United.

Lukaku won it because he scored 25+ goals... which i suppose is fair enough in my book but gana was my player of the season.

Lukaku isn't a very good footballer - he's a finisher... in the last 2 games where he has scored 3 goals the panel have slated his footballing contribution. Which is pissing me off.... he was ok to be a passenger at Everton but not at mighty Man United.

If he continues to score at 1.5 goals a game and United carry on winning 4-0 I don't think there'll be many complaining that he's a passenger.

If he continues to score at 1.5 goals a game and United carry on winning 4-0 I don't think there'll be many complaining that he's a passenger.

I watched the game the other day and to be honest he was pretty poor. The one thing he gets against the lesser teams is space - for his 3 goals he has been unmarked, yes some may say due to movement or whatever but not for me.... they have been gifts but to be fair he has put them away without flinching which is a gift of his.

I remain of the opinion that against better sides he will find things a lot tougher.

BTW.... I still cant believe Chelsea sold Matic. He has single handedly changed their side - Pogba has all the support he needs now (get on him for POTY - should get good odds)

I watched the game the other day and to be honest he was pretty poor. The one thing he gets against the lesser teams is space - for his 3 goals he has been unmarked, yes some may say due to movement or whatever but not for me.... they have been gifts but to be fair he has put them away without flinching which is a gift of his.

I remain of the opinion that against better sides he will find things a lot tougher.

BTW.... I still cant believe Chelsea sold Matic. He has single handedly changed their side - Pogba has all the support he needs now (get on him for POTY - should get good odds)

Selling Matic to your title rivle makes absolutely no sense. Must be more to the story as to why that transfer was allowed.