IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

I watch Gana every week, not Kante. I know who I'd pick

Yes I know you would and every Chelsea supporter would pick Kante, read what I said, I'd even pick Gana out of loyalty,to someone from another team, but I'm not showing disloyalty when I think we have better players than him in our squad.

Yes I know you would and every Chelsea supporter would pick Kante, read what I said, I'd even pick Gana out of loyalty,to someone from another team, but I'm not showing disloyalty when I think we have better players than him in our squad.

you said if a manager had to chose, and the answer doesn't begin with G. I said what I would do. What did I miss?

I don't know if he had a buy out clause for that amount, but if he was such steal why weren't the big four or five going for him, if he was that rated for that fee he wouldn't be here I can assure you of that.

terrible thought process. the bigs didn't want him so he's shit? the bigs have bought some serious shit players and the smalls have bought some worldies. that logic doesn't compute.

I have no idea who went in for him. As we have all noticed the last few years, clubs are getting better at working behind the scenes.

I still rate us a big club too, so I'm not sure where your going with this one.

Like Moshiri said last year they went for players had the money could have met their wage demands and paid the asking price, but the players either didn't think we were big enough for them, or bigger clubs swayed them to sign for them, now according to Moshiri he said that happened on a few occasions.

So we can say he's a liar because he didn't want to spend his money, or except that there are teams that will come before us when it comes to signing a certain calibre of player, and even some not so good players as proven by Spur and Sissoko, Koeman had even called him and welcomed him to the club.

Like Moshiri said last year they went for players had the money could have met their wage demands and paid the asking price, but the players either didn't think we were big enough for them, or bigger clubs swayed them to sign for them, now according to Moshiri he said that happened on a few occasions.

So we can say he's a liar because he didn't want to spend his money, or except that there are teams that will come before us when it comes to signing a certain calibre of player, and even some not so good players as proven by Spur and Sissoko, Koeman had even called him and welcomed him to the club.

I can't agree that the likes of Klaassen, Schneiderin and Sigurdson are shit players though.

As they have joined us as well.

I do see your point, but that doesn't mean that other teams above us haven't tried to sign players and failed.

Didn't Lookman choose us over the so called bigger teams?

Facts are facts. We don't know who came in for him. We do t know if we were the only club in for him. We don't know anything do we? Or maybe you do?

I can't agree that the likes of Klaassen, Schneiderin and Sigurdson are shit players though.

As they have joined us as well.

I do see your point, but that doesn't mean that other teams above us haven't tried to sign players and failed.

Didn't Lookman choose us over the so called bigger teams?

Facts are facts. We don't know who came in for him. We do t know if we were the only club in for him. We don't know anything do we? Or maybe you do?

I don't think the three players you mentioned are shit neither, but I think it will be a couple years of improving before more of the so called big names will look at us in a different light, and when we get the new stadium we will be even more of a magnet.

We've got a great future in front of us, and lots of good times a head.

I don't think the three players you mentioned are shit neither, but I think it will be a couple years of improving before more of the so called big names will look at us in a different light, and when we get the new stadium we will be even more of a magnet.

We've got a great future in front of us, and lots of good times a head.

That I can totally agree with.

Still think your wrong about Gana haha!

But time will tell. Keep an eye on him closely and see if you still feel the same.

You can play Morgan and Gana together.

Morgan is sitting in front of the defence and Gana is pressing up the field. I like that tactic.

So Do I Aidan, I just don't see Gana as the player to do that but I can see Davies, Klaassen and Gylfi doing that with Schneiderlin or Gana holding.

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Not too bad for a man who only passes a few yards, backwards and every pass is of no quality, and every pass slows down our attacks and makes his teammates stop while they have to swap feet or whatever!!!

One minute in and there has been 2 forward passes, and he ruins one by then tackling his own player, and the other with a shit shot. 1:50 (forward pass no. 3) he finally puts a decent ball through.

Notice a lot of the highlights stop after he's won the ball.. Wonder how many of them were backwards passes or dangers balls making the next player lose possession?

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

One minute in and there has been 2 forward passes, and he ruins one by then tackling his own player, and the other with a shit shot. 1:50 (forward pass no. 3) he finally puts a decent ball through.

Notice a lot of the highlights stop after he's won the ball.. Wonder how many of them were backwards passes or dangers balls making the next player lose possession?

He's your new Jags, isn't he Pete?

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

He's your new Jags, isn't he Pete?

Jagielka I'd say is average championship to lower prem level. Whereas I don't think Gana would get a game for the local pub. He's a runner not a footballer.  

They do have one thing in common though, they are both terrible at reading the play and positioning themselves. You can't get away with only being reactive at this level. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

It's like Haf with Lukaku. Just incomprehensible for me. 

Gana doesn't turnover the ball well. His lack of ability to do so stunts the whole team going forward. 

Defensively he's a liability as he can't read the game and is constantly out of position. Gets wrongsided then chasing the shadow of the oppositions player who goes on to score. 

41 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Besic had no where near a 90% pass rate today but that was the best midfield performance we've had all season. Which says a lot about Gana and Schneiderlin as Besic could've cost us three goals (Keane partly responsible for one). 

On the radio his tackling sounded very good, but his passing was poor.