IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/idrissa-gueye-v-ngolo-kante-11671366

perfect for the high pressing game - good pass completion rate too. Koeman mentioned tempo - this lad will be a great signing... vault me.

[emoji12] hope he isn't another Kone, Alcaraz or McGeady then !

[emoji12] hope he isn't another Kone, Alcaraz or McGeady then !

no I think he will be another Barry or McCarthy - who I championed whilst almost everyone else was underwhelmed to the extreme.

Alcaraz was a free transfer back up centre half on £18k a week to replace Heitinga who cost £7m and was on £70k a week warming the bench. Kone had a career ender after 2 or 3 games...

McGeady unfortunately like the 2 cluibs before did his talent no justice. I can be vaulted for him... that's a fair kop.

Got a good feeling about this lad.... I also think Cleverley will have a good season, if Koeman is having us play a high pressing game then it will suit him.

A signing I will not get remotely excited about.

I think he will be a quality signing, played very well for Lille, recommended by Walsh and by all accounts Koeman has been trailing him for a while. Looking at his stats, which are not everything he compares very well with other players.

I think he will be a quality signing, played very well for Lille, recommended by Walsh and by all accounts Koeman has been trailing him for a while. Looking at his stats, which are not everything he compares very well with other players.

Hope he is a good signing and turns out to be a top player. Just not over excited about it.

thanks for raining on our parade

Sorry Mark - how's this.

Can't believe we might have got this gem for absolute peanuts. The Villa fans are going crazy about their star man going on the cheap.

To think that Everton yes Everton beat the likes of Barcelona and Bayern to get his signiture first. Let's hope this is the sign of things to come ;-).

Sorry Mark - how's this.

Can't believe we might have got this gem for absolute peanuts. The Villa fans are going crazy about their star man going on the cheap.

To think that Everton yes Everton beat the likes of Barcelona and Bayern to get his signiture first. Let's hope this is the sign of things to come ;-).

thanks mate, made my thursday

Sorry Mark - how's this.

I've been on several villa forums and believe me the villa fans couldn't give a shite he's leaving! I haven't seen him play much but if the villa fans aren't bothered about him leaving then I'm not getting excited.

Well im excited, prospect of him and McCarthy/Besic in a year or so (im not dismissing Barry yet) is a good prospect.

A solid ground to stand on, hard pressing. Seems to be Ronalds plan and im very happy about that.

We have flair forward so we need a solid defense.

I've been on several villa forums and believe me the villa fans couldn't give a shite he's leaving! I haven't seen him play much but if the villa fans aren't bothered about him leaving then I'm not getting excited.

I've done the same, and I agree that they really don't seem to care much that he's going. They view it as a safe purchase for us (if it goes through).

Maybe he just wasn't motivated to play to play for them?

Of course if he comes he'll have my backing, but I'm reserving judgment until he gets a handful of matches under his belt.

If City fans came here to check out the John Stones thread right now, they'd get the impression that we're selling them exorbitantly priced snake oil. I'm just not sure there isn't some sort of social/psychological thing going on with their relationship to a player who was there for one season, a season in which they got relegated. They might not be attached. They might think everything (bar some youth team gem) is absolute trash around there right now. I just wouldn't put too much stock in fans' opinions, given the context.

That's actually a really good point.